• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Want your restrictions removed? See this post for how.

Still moving. We are finalizing the plaintiff selection at this point. I will email all of the people who signed on as possible plaintiffs in the coming days, maybe a week.

Will that info, not including names of course, be posted here? Like do you have a lot of people that may possibly be suing their chiefs for restriction removal??

Will that info, not including names of course, be posted here? Like do you have a lot of people that may possibly be suing their chiefs for restriction removal??

Yes, eventually. We had a large number of people sign up, but will select a handful of people in order to fix the problem once.

Yes, eventually. We had a large number of people sign up, but will select a handful of people in order to fix the problem once.

Do you guys think that say, suing the Everett Chief, or the Worcester Chief, will fix it in the entire state? And make people realize that they can't just restrict someone because they want to?

I am just curious.

I am guessing that once sued, they have no choice but to show up in court? Or, can they cave and just say, "ok ok, we will stop doing it."

Do you guys think that say, suing the Everett Chief, or the Worcester Chief, will fix it in the entire state? And make people realize that they can't just restrict someone because they want to?

I am just curious.

It all depends. Not every case can operate that way and even when you want it to, it will not. Some cases are designed to get us to another stage. Others are designed to be an all encompassing fix. Some are one offs. Everything is different. This will be in the middle somewhere.

Or, can they cave and just say, "ok ok, we will stop doing it."

They can do that. We don't see that as a loss at all in some cases. Some times thats a bigger win than going to MSJ stage. It all depends on what our goals are, and that's not always something we can or will discuss publicly.

At the Steel Challenge shoot yesterday they said they were moving forward with a group, but couldn't disclose exactly what just yet. I suspect it's this.

I wonder how many restricted people from are involved, and if this will help the rest of us who aren't included???

Last edited:
Do me a favor and don't mention the town here or in public. And yes, this is supposed to move the ball forward so we can help more people but this is also the beginning of a larger action. Can you folks edit your posts?

All this thread does is make me more curious, even though I know you guys can't discuss it. [laugh] At least not here out in the open. Hopefully you guys can post something soon. I am very curious how the rest of us restricted will benefit as well.

All this thread does is make me more curious, even though I know you guys can't discuss it. [laugh] At least not here out in the open. Hopefully you guys can post something soon. I am very curious how the rest of us restricted will benefit as well.

loose-lips-sink-ships-posters2.jpg

Let's not give any warning, shall we?

As for how others will benefit... once there's a precedent established, you can refer to that precedent when trying to get rid of your restrictions. BUT the precedent needs to be established first.

Comm2A is performing a very important service for the people of Massachusetts, and I applaud and support their efforts.

I really wish I could donate my extra Social Security withholdings to Comm2A instead.

-JR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

"It all depends on what our goals are, and that's not always something we can or will discuss publicly. "

I thought your goal was to eliminate restricted LTC licenses. We always hear on the TV news lawyers yakking about lawsuits they are "about" to file. I realise you don't want to name the palintiffs in a pending suit, but you certainly could name the town you have chosen.
Sorry, I call bullshit on this. Enjoy your donations.

"It all depends on what our goals are, and that's not always something we can or will discuss publicly. "

I thought your goal was to eliminate restricted LTC licenses. We always hear on the TV news lawyers yakking about lawsuits they are "about" to file. I realise you don't want to name the palintiffs in a pending suit, but you certainly could name the town you have chosen.
Sorry, I call bullshit on this. Enjoy your donations.
The purpose of this thread was gather names and screen them for people that fit a certain profile and particular set of circumstances. No more. We've accomplished that. Anything else in this thread is unneeded speculation. The thread is over

Challenging restriction on a license is harder than one might think. The state has been remarkabley clever in dodging the issue and creating case law that works against us. If we're not dilligent in constructing a challenge we'll fall victim to the same trap.

We play out card close to the vest for several reasons. None of us are especially public people. I don't like to go on the radio to TV but that's a necessary evil need to attract the support we need to operate, help people nudist and their rights, and to attract the plaintiffs we need. Hard learned lessons have also taught us that ANYTHING can derail a case at the last minute - attorneys, other cases, plaintiffs that don't pan out, etc. While we don't want to tip our hats any more than is necessary before we take action, we also don't want to set expectation upon which we can't deliver.

Call BS all you want. We've already gained more ground in the state than anyone else. I'll stand by that.

Even tho I have my alp ltc. I donated when you first started doing this to help my fellow brothers with arms.
I think you guys are doing great, keep it up and best of luck.

Ditto. I see Comm2A as our best chance of actually rolling back some of the BS laws in this state. It's going to be a long slog, but I think the chances are good.

Call BS all you want. We've already gained more ground in the state than anyone else. I'll stand by that.

This group has EARNED my support 1000%! There is nothing else comparable in this region of the country doing as much for gun rights as Comm2A.

I'll also tip my hat at SAF! They impressed me back ~1990 and gave a lot of help to Comm2A to get off the ground on the right foot.

I've known Rob Boudrie for well over 20 years and Brent for the past few years and they have earned my respect and admiration for what they do with Comm2A (not to slight the others, just don't know them as well).

I've met Alan [STRIKE=undefined]Gura[/STRIKE] Gottlieb (SAF) twice now (1990 and a couple of years ago) and spoken to him and his Wife at length. Another two who really have their act together at getting things done and have an impressive strategic record of wins.

--------------

NOTHING in the legal system works swiftly and you just can't win every battle. Besides to set binding precedents you don't always want to win at the lowest level, you are strategically looking for the opportunity to win at a higher court where it is more binding over a larger area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom