• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart stops selling most ammo and bans open carry

I went into the Salem, N.H. Walmart last week and they had no more WWB.44 mag ammo, I went back in there on Sunday to buy the Fed .44 mag ammo and they now have WWB.44mag ammo back in stock (several boxes) and bought the WWB ammo.
Bill

when I was in a WM near me in Florida last week they had nothing but oddball calibers, the only .45ACP FMJ was aluminum cased

Last edited:
I was never a regular ammo customer. Usually you can't find anyone to open the ammo case anyway.
Let your fingers do the walking.

At least I know that I can still get last years Nascar leftovers, pro wrestling gear, wife beaters, stuff for my double wide, anything Coleman Coghlan's in the camping dept., and a new zebco anytime I want to.
FTFY.

fedtro-portable-telephone-outlet.jpg

The last time I was at a Walmart was also the first time I had been in one in years. While taking those photos of the house lot in June, I saw my phone's battery was almost dead, despite being plugged in the entire ride up. Cause: the wire on the charger had broken off. The Littleton Wallyworld was the first place that came to mind where I could grab a replacement quickly before heading up to Lyndonville.

I'm betting without much additional thought I could've found another.
CVS carries hideously overpriced wall warts and charge cables in impulse-buy
displays between the shelving and the cashiers' counter.

Ocean State Job Lot carries underpriced wall warts and charge cables,
generally on shelves close to the cash registers.

Dollar Store, et. al. carry hideously underpriced wall warts and charge cables.
Hopefully near the fire extinguishers.

I can do you better. Go to any unoccupied phone (sporting goods works, since they are missing from there in the first place), then pick up the phone and dial 4444. You now have the STORE INTERCOM PUBLIC ADDRESS system. "Attention Walmart, please send a clerk over to the Sporting Goods Department. Make sure they have the proper keys to open the ammunition case". Just keep repeating every minute until someone shows up.

I can do you better. Go to any unoccupied phone (sporting goods works, since they are missing from there in the first place), then pick up the phone and dial 4444. You now have the STORE INTERCOM PUBLIC ADDRESS system. "Attention Walmart, please send a clerk over to the Sporting Goods Department. Make sure they have the proper keys to open the ammunition case". Just keep repeating every minute until someone shows up.
Nice to know the extension.

But if you chant "sporting goods key to the sporting goods department",
they'll think it's a legit employee on the PA system.

ETA: Knowing the lingo is the key.

Last edited:
If it was a 21yr old Glock, He could be Pre Ban Post Malone.

EDIT - and he should see a dermatologist for that facial condition.

911 operators escalating incidents above what was actually called in is one thing. At the other end of the spectrum, there's waiting to finish your Netflix shows before dispatching anyone.

Photo taken last week at Westborough.

Looks like business as usual to me, but I spent my money at Shooters Outpost in beautiful 'tax-free' New Hamster instead.
Was surprised when I saw the ammo stock in the Raynham Rt44 Walmart last week. More surprised tonight as all the pistol caliber and .223/5.56 is on clearance. Maybe not fire sale prices but probably cheaper than you'll find anywhere else. Seems like they've decided to move all that inventory they're sitting on. 22 and shotgun are the only type not on clearance so they'll evidently be hanging around. If you're not boycotting it would be a good time to stock up.

All kinds of ammo on the shelves 8n my local wally world. Grabbed a couple of cases/boxes (100 round boxes) of 20ga off the shelf because Mini-Radtekk will be visiting from college over Thanksgiving. She wants to practice because when she transfers to University of Tennessee she wants to try out for the trap team:) So I'll get a thrower and we'll go shooting out back...

Would have looked at handgun ammo prices but that stuff was locked up and I didn't have extra time to get somebody. Next trip...

I was at Walmart a few days ago and the ammo shelf was full. They've re done the store and now it's in a locked case behind a counter, so I didn't see prices, but otherwise good to see ammo still available there.

We'll see how long this lasts.

Back
Top Bottom