• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walls of Steel 2010

"Great match, great weather, great squad and the bestest R.O."

I agree. Thanks Rich, you made an enjoyable day even more enjoyable.
Thank you to everyone involved in the planning and staging of this event.
And please, bring out the dime sized steel targets that were allegedly removed. [wink]

Best Regards.

Many thanks to all that put on another great Walls of Steel.
Weather was great (at least Fri & Sat was) and it looked to me like things went well.

I added a bunch of vids up on my YouTube page, http://www.youtube.com/10mmdave#g/u ,
sorry but there's a lot me up there (guess I don't have to post ALL the vids I take [smile])

Thanks again folks, looking forward to next year.
DaveP

Many thanks to all that put on another great Walls of Steel.
Weather was great (at least Fri & Sat was) and it looked to me like things went well.

I added a bunch of vids up on my YouTube page, http://www.youtube.com/10mmdave#g/u ,
sorry but there's a lot me up there (guess I don't have to post ALL the vids I take [smile])

Thanks again folks, looking forward to next year.
DaveP

Damn Dave- I'm glad you shoot revolver most of the time. Great shooting.

Does anybody know what's up with the scores for this match? It's been a week and they were pretty much entered in as people shot.

Maybe they are having a problem posting them on the website- they were probably finished shortly after the match- if so someone could post em here.

Sorry it's taking so long to post results. After the match finished Sunday I had to move out of my apartment due to windows being replaced and lead abatement taking place. After removing everything but the furniture Sunday night I finally made it to the hotel I have to stay in until they are finished. I got to the hotel aroung 12:30 AM. I'm hoping to be back home Wednesday. On top of that, my laptop crashed and I wasn't able to access the internet until I resolved that by reloading the operating system which I finished 15 minutes before I had to go to work tonight. It's been hell these past two weeks to say the least.
I hope to have the preliminary results up very soon then I will need to go over everything before I post the winnings.

Kimber45

Sorry to hear about the forced move Kimber. Thanks for all the work. The match was great fun as always. Ammo issues cost me big time in the main match but practice paid off in the side match. [grin]

Michael.

Jim, sorry about the move and stuff, that's a tough one in the weather you had that
Sunday you had to move. Hope it's all getting worked out.

And thanks for the kudo's folks, really didn't think stk revo was good enough but it
looks like the accuracy required for WoS caught everyone.

I thought the difference between Rich and Al in Open Auto was the closest I've seen
and then I looked at the stk auto scores [shocked]
Sorry Rich [wink]

Thanks again to Jim and all that made this event happen (I can't remember ALL the
names so Jim gets top billing)
Looking forward to next year (and maybe a few more bigger targets [smile]),
see you all later.
DaveP

Sorry to hear about the forced move Kimber. Thanks for all the work. The match was great fun as always. Ammo issues cost me big time in the main match but practice paid off in the side match. [grin]

Michael.

You kicked some serious ass in the side match. Almost as fast as your auto with the pump too! Sweet!

Dave- congrats on an amazing couple of days of shooting! As a celebration, I need to post this amazing run from last summer you had at MRA

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitey627?feature=mhum#p/f/3/DYtzU7PknMM

Matt, compare my pump-gun run to the semi-auto times. [smile]

BTW are you going to post the video of it? I keep checking your tube page for it.

I am going to post it. I went away for a week right after the match and then had the crazy week playing catch up upon return. I will try and post it tonight or tomorrow night for you.

Thanks Mike. There were some awesome shooters at the match as usual. I always enjoy watching others shoot. Had a great time and some laughs with the squads I was on. The match was a blast! The guys at Wallum really work hard to put on a first class event and it shows. I bet it will be even better next year.

A failure to extract on stage 1 with the open pistol led to a double feed- drop th mag rack the slide to clear, insert new mag rack again and continue. It cost me a lot of time. I did my best to blaze and catch up once I had it running again but to no avail... Part of what makes the game exciting, I guess. I'll see if I have a vid to post of the run. Funny thing is it ran great for the rest of the day. Fred R. and I were going back and fourth all day on the stages both in open and iron. We were having a good time with it. I was happy just keeping up with him!

Michael.

Michael,
Those shotgun times are just amazing. If anyone has video, I need to see what 1.43 and 1.64 looks like in action. Just getting the rounds off is hard enough, but to actually hit all 3 targets is something else.

As for your ammo issues, would they have still been a problem if you had shot the Glock?

-Cuz.

Michael,
Those shotgun times are just amazing. If anyone has video, I need to see what 1.43 and 1.64 looks like in action. Just getting the rounds off is hard enough, but to actually hit all 3 targets is something else.
-Cuz.

I had practiced with the pump gun Wed at HSA and pulled off a 1.39 [smile] I also did some dry fire drills the night before until my arms got too tired. I shoot the auto (Remzilla) all the time.
100_2268.jpg

"As for your ammo issues, would they have still been a problem if you had shot the Glock?" not unless Glock started making a .38 Super that I don't know about.....[grin] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lOJ3T4QtW8

I had practiced with the pump gun Wed at HSA and pulled off a 1.39 [smile] I also did some dry fire drills the night before until my arms got too tired. I shoot the auto (Remzilla) all the time.

"As for your ammo issues, would they have still been a problem if you had shot the Glock?" not unless Glock started making a .38 Super that I don't know about.....[grin] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lOJ3T4QtW8

Thats one hell of a hottie! Hey... the grip is missing! [wink]

Last edited:
Ahhhh... the long-awaited boom stick videos of ipscdrl. Pretty impressive stuff. Enjoy.

Sorry for the delay in posting these Mike.

Pump Run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkI6vHhbYV4
Auto Run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfEXp5XnTDY

Here was that horrible run with my open pistol on stage one. Just didn't have my s**t together nor my head in the game on this stage and it cost me. Lost count three times, too many misses, poor jam clearing. Basically a disaster. I shot my iron sights pistol better than my open pistol. I still had fun though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitey627?feature=mhum#p/u/6/M3Ixdf258ig

Last edited:
Raffle winners are posted on the site www.wallsofsteel.com under the results tab. I'm working on the payouts now and they should be posted in a few days.
Congratulations on all raffle winners and as you can see from the results the sponsors were very generous.
We will be drawing the winners of the Colt Firearms 1911 handguns at the next club meeting on September 12 so keep checking to see who the two lucky winners are for that drawing.

Kimber45

Raffle winners are posted on the site www.wallsofsteel.com under the results tab. I'm working on the payouts now and they should be posted in a few days.
Congratulations on all raffle winners and as you can see from the results the sponsors were very generous.
We will be drawing the winners of the Colt Firearms 1911 handguns at the next club meeting on September 12 so keep checking to see who the two lucky winners are for that drawing.

Kimber45

SWEET, Thanks

Kimber - so sorry to hear about the upheaval in your life - and +1000 for your commitment to making the WOS such a great match year after year.

And WOW - I've never won anything ever!!!! Way cool! [party]

Donna

Back
Top Bottom