• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walls of Steel 2010

I gotcha Mike... The little grinning face with the question actually made me laugh out loud when I read it. It was a good one.

I am surprised you didn't rip the plates off the rack with the 500 mag

Kimber45,
I know you will be very busy today, but if possible why don't you post a message letting folks know which time slots still have some availability in case any last minute walk ons still want to shoot? I know you would do your best to squeeze them in regardless, but if there are any slots with more availability than others we could guide them that way.

See you in a couple of days.

-Cuz.

Ok, it's Thursday and WOS has begun. Well it will at 2:00 p.m. today. So who is shooting today? Any pics or video would be cool.

-Cuz.

MFP 4073;1536083 I am surprised you didn't rip the plates off the rack with the 500 mag[/QUOTE said:
Luckily the plates were on a table. Still it dented them pretty good.

Larry, I'll be taking video of my squad tomorrow AM/PM and will post to YouTube again.
And I've got that pump scattergun side-match win to uphold. [grin]

Luckily the plates were on a table. Still it dented them pretty good.

Larry, I'll be taking video of my squad tomorrow AM/PM and will post to YouTube again.
And I've got that pump scattergun side-match win to uphold. [grin]

Thanks Mike. Grab a video of you working the pump gun too. I couldn't believe your time just getting off the shots, never mind hitting the steel too!

Will do. We practiced with the shotties last night at HSA and my best run cut almost a half second off last year's. Lets see if I can duplicate it tomorrow. [cheers]

Will do. We practiced with the shotties last night at HSA and my best run cut almost a half second off last year's. Lets see if I can duplicate it tomorrow. [cheers]

I almost asked you what hotties you were practicing with [banana]. Then I realized you were talking about the shotguns. [crying]

See you in the AM. I am going to try and give PMD a run for his scattergun title. IIRC he was in the "1's" with every run! [bow]

Last edited:
Thanks to all the folks putting this on. It was my first walls match. For those of you who haven't tried it before it's a nice high round count, no BS, shoot em' up day of joy. I shot the M&P9 this AM and the 686 this afternoon. I still can't count to six, at least the M&P locks back when it's empty, but I had a great time!

Thanks to all the folks putting this on. It was my first walls match. For those of you who haven't tried it before it's a nice high round count, no BS, shoot em' up day of joy. I shot the M&P9 this AM and the 686 this afternoon. I still can't count to six, at least the M&P locks back when it's empty, but I had a great time!

+1 Great time. It went very well.

Mike- nice shooting with that wheel gun too.

Here are videos of the entire match shot by four of my squad. Matt will have to post the shotgun videos as I left me camera in the car at lunch. I was able to better my pump-gun time by a few hundredths this year. We'll see if it holds or gets beaten over the weekend. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6A3BBF0F763B5030 Check out Mike Stage 1 parts one and two for a few laughs............. [smile]

And Gary, thanks again for the loan of the tools............

Michael.

I want to start by saying thanks to Jim and Bobby and all the others that worked so hard to make this event the huge success that it is. Thanks especially to all the sponsors that donated guns and gifts during these hard economic times. Times are tough and sponsors have to think long and hard about how they are going to give out their products in support of the many events out there. The crew did a great job with this match and they deserve to be recognized for their efforts. Ok, now that that's out of the way...

Wow, what a day! I shot my Stock Auto in the morning, and then RO'd in the afternoon. The morning session was great, perfect weather and a great squad. I would have liked to have done a little better but all in all I think I shot as well as I could have. I had a great time on stage 5 (19.05) which made my day. For some reason stage 1 with all those huge poppers was one of my worst stages. I think the targets were so big I forgot to aim, after all, how can you possibly miss a 4 foot popper that was almost close enough to touch????? Yeah, you all know what I'm talking about...

I think I enjoyed RO'ing the afternoon session almost as much as shooting. I had the incredible pleasure of hosting the crew from Colt along with a few others (Kimber45 and 10MMDAVE to name a couple). Those guys were great, very polite and friendly. It was a real blast. The Colt crew was shooting some very nice 1911 guns in 9mm. I was lucky enough to get to try one and all I can say is "I want one". Hopefully we'll see them in Colt's production line soon.

I'm so amped up from todays events that I think I'm going to show up tomorrow and see if they can fit me on to a squad so I can shoot again. I "need" to run those stages again to see if I can improve. I don't think you can shoot a second time in the same Division so I'll just run my Stock Auto in the Open Division just for fun. Man I can't wait.

-Cuz.

I want to start by saying thanks to Jim and Bobby and all the others that worked so hard to make this event the huge success that it is. Thanks especially to all the sponsors that donated guns and gifts during these hard economic times. Times are tough and sponsors have to think long and hard about how they are going to give out their products in support of the many events out there. The crew did a great job with this match and they deserve to be recognized for their efforts. Ok, now that that's out of the way...

Wow, what a day! I shot my Stock Auto in the morning, and then RO'd in the afternoon. The morning session was great, perfect weather and a great squad. I would have liked to have done a little better but all in all I think I shot as well as I could have. I had a great time on stage 5 (19.05) which made my day. For some reason stage 1 with all those huge poppers was one of my worst stages. I think the targets were so big I forgot to aim, after all, how can you possibly miss a 4 foot popper that was almost close enough to touch????? Yeah, you all know what I'm talking about...

I think I enjoyed RO'ing the afternoon session almost as much as shooting. I had the incredible pleasure of hosting the crew from Colt along with a few others (Kimber45 and 10MMDAVE to name a couple). Those guys were great, very polite and friendly. It was a real blast. The Colt crew was shooting some very nice 1911 guns in 9mm. I was lucky enough to get to try one and all I can say is "I want one". Hopefully we'll see them in Colt's production line soon.

I'm so amped up from todays events that I think I'm going to show up tomorrow and see if they can fit me on to a squad so I can shoot again. I "need" to run those stages again to see if I can improve. I don't think you can shoot a second time in the same Division so I'll just run my Stock Auto in the Open Division just for fun. Man I can't wait.

-Cuz.

Did you loose your revolver??????

As to your comment on sponsors, I made a point of sending a Thank You today to Chuck Bradley at shooter's Connection and others. All should take the time to thank those that were generous enough to help out on this match.

Did you loose your revolver??????

As to your comment on sponsors, I made a point of sending a Thank You today to Chuck Bradley at shooter's Connection and others. All should take the time to thank those that were generous enough to help out on this match.

RGS,
Don't get me started on my Revo. I'm dying to get that 627 rolling. I still haven't had the chance to get my press setup to start reloading since I moved. I used up the last of my .38 ammo a couple of months ago so I'm out for now. Thankfully I had the presence of mind to load up a ton of 9mm or I would have run out of that long ago too. Trust me it's "on my list", I just need to find the time...

-Cuz.

RGS,
Don't get me started on my Revo. I'm dying to get that 627 rolling. I still haven't had the chance to get my press setup to start reloading since I moved. I used up the last of my .38 ammo a couple of months ago so I'm out for now. Thankfully I had the presence of mind to load up a ton of 9mm or I would have run out of that long ago too. Trust me it's "on my list", I just need to find the time...

-Cuz.

Cuz If you need it I will bring down 38s for you and if needed my 627. I'm RO in the morning and can devote a couple min to teach you how to use it.
Dave

Cuz If you need it I will bring down 38s for you and if needed my 627. I'm RO in the morning and can devote a couple min to teach you how to use it. Dave

Thanks Dave,
I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll just shoot the Glock again. It looks like it may rain today, dress appropriately.

-Cuz.

Thanks Jim and crew for putting on another great steel match! I was really excited when I heard that the little bitty steel was gone. Geez - someone fibbed - that stuff still looked pretty small to me!!!

Great match, great weather, great squad and the bestest R.O. - "sweet cheeks" (Rich will understand!)

Master, I still have much to learn, and my times show it... Thanks to Jim, Bobby and everyone that made WOS possible, especially the sponsors. A fun and sometimes humbling experience was had by all. Even the rain couldn't put a damper on the atmosphere at Wallum Lake today.

Jim and the crew did another great job which is appreciated and kept us dry on a very wet day . Tents over the shooters made it a lot better . This shoot is only going to keep growing .thanks for all the work .

I just want to thank the squad I RO for this morning. Great guys that keep everything moving with policing brass and setting up the plates. See everybody next year again I hope. Great shooters and sportsman. Thanks again

Dave

Back
Top Bottom