Walls of Steel 2010

The (2) means that person entered twice in that raffle and they were drawn twice so they will receive two of the prizes.

Kimber45

I ordered my range bag from Chuck last week. I made it a point to thank him for sponsoring the Walls of Steel match.

I ordered my range bag from Chuck last week. I made it a point to thank him for sponsoring the Walls of Steel match.

They are a great dealer... I'm really pysyched that I won those gift certs! Thanks WOS and Chuck!! [cheers]

Thanks Kimber45.
Those are some nice size payouts! It's good to see all that prize money going back to the shooters. Of course I always manage to finish just out of the money, so I either need to practice more and finish higher or stop practicing and finish lower. :)

I don't care what anyone says I think the Lewis Class system of paying out prize money is the best. I don't know of any other matches where you can have 100 shooters competing and people who come in 20th, 40th, 60th and even 80th get to win prize money. There's no way anyone can say they don't have a chance at winning. It's awesome and fun for all shooters no matter what your skill level.

Once again, thanks to all you guys that made it happen, it's great to see Walls of Steel getting bigger and bigger each year. And thanks to Colt for donating stepping up and donating guns to the prize table. By the way, have the gun winners been drawn yet? Maybe I still have a chance...

-Cuz.

.60 of a second out of the money...[rolleyes]...sooo close [laugh]

I know that feeling. If you are anything like me you can go back thru the match and easily recall at least a few occasions where you could have easily made up that time.
I noticed someone else missed the money by 0.04 of a second. Ouch!

I don't care what anyone says I think the Lewis Class system of paying out prize money is the best. I don't know of any other matches where you can have 100 shooters competing and people who come in 20th, 40th, 60th and even 80th get to win prize money. There's no way anyone can say they don't have a chance at winning. It's awesome and fun for all shooters no matter what your skill level.
-Cuz.

Besides where else can you say you shot too good to win anything!!!

Dave

The raffle for the Colt 1911's will take place tomorrow night at the monthly club meeting.

I should have the names of the winners posted at www.wallsofsteel.com either tomorrow night after the meeting or on Tuesday.

Just for the record we raffled off 58 sponsor donated prizes not counting the two guns from Colt Firearms. The sponsors were very generous!!! We had a total of 124 shooters this year so that's a pretty good prize to shooter ratio I think.

We also paid out around $3000 to the shooters. Personally I think those are some pretty damned good numbers all around. I can only hope next year will be bigger and better and with Colt Firearms being the match sponsor I believe it will be. Of course this wouldn't be possible without you the shooters!! And I really can't thank all of you enough.

I'll put a post up here when I update the website with the gun winners.

Also, if anyone has pictures or videos from the match that they would like me to post on the website please email them to me directly. I will be working on posting what I have but to be honest I was a little busy and didn't get a chance to take a lot of pics or videos.

Thanks.

Kimber45

Kristina Shooting A Kimber Supermatch II in .45

This is my 11 year old daughter shooting my .45. Needless to say I am extremely proud and just had to post this.

Besides, I think it is an awesome picture.

This was sent to me from the Colt Firearms photographer who came with their shooters.

Thanks Kyle!

Kimber45

Attachments

• shoot R.I. zzz  8-21-10 126.jpg
    shoot R.I. zzz 8-21-10 126.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 23
Looks like a pro Jim...i think you might have to find a new gun for yourself now . great to see family carrying on the shooting tradition ,you should be very proud .

Looks like a pro Jim...i think you might have to find a new gun for yourself now . great to see family carrying on the shooting tradition ,you should be very proud .

Thanks D.D.

I am very proud. She will not be getting my Kimber though. That's my baby.

When the Colt guys shot with us on Saturday afternoon they were shooting prototypes of their new 1911 in 9mm. They were super nice guys and let Kristina try one of them. Needless to say she was hooked immediately. Much better for her than a .45 so when Colt starts producing them for the public we are already on the waiting list. She is very excited naturally. I think I might have to give it a whirl myself just to see if there is a difference. I've been shooting the Kimber for so long that I'm not too bad with it and I am wondering if the smaller caliber will help my game at all.
Now I just have to come up with a formula for 9mm loads.

Kimber45

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom