• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walls of Steel 2010

Shooting with Mooney Friday AM Limited Friday PM we will swap gear and he will shoot my STI and I will shoot his revo... Put one of our names on your app if you want to squad with us.

I'm contemplating doing this for the first time. I read the rules and requirements but I didn't see anything about ammo and a power-factor. Is that something that's taken into consideration, or is it kinda assumed you're gonna need something with knockdown power and light-loads don't really apply?

I'm contemplating doing this for the first time. I read the rules and requirements but I didn't see anything about ammo and a power-factor. Is that something that's taken into consideration, or is it kinda assumed you're gonna need something with knockdown power and light-loads don't really apply?

Factory 9mm has enough power to knock down all the steel, If you reload, 125 power factor will work just fine. 125 is a pretty soft .45 acp load. Unlike USPSA or IDPA, there is no chrono stage. Steel falls really easily, you don't need a killer load like you would for pins. Whatever load you decide to shoot, bring 300 and have a blast.

The big poppers are calibrated with a factory 9mm in the round section, the rest of the plates will go over easy with 9mm if your in the vicinity of minor PF

Dave

Great! I was planning on using my duty Glock 22 and I have some lighter target reloads I planned on using.

Side question - What is the table-to-target distance? Looking from the 2009 pictures it looks like it's roughly 7-10 yds.

Steelhorse,

That's about the right distance. Sometimes we put the targets a little further away but for the most part around 10 yards.

Kimber45

Great news!!!

I am very pleased and honored to announce that Colt Firearms has generously agreed to be the gun sponsor for this years Walls of Steel match.

As it stands now they will be giving us two 1911 handguns to be given away at the match.

Please thank them and show them your support.

Don't forget, entry forms must be received by July 19 in order to receive a t-shirt with your entry.

Kimber45

Just a reminder to get your entry forms in. There is one week left to insure you get a shirt when you send in your form.

July 19 is the deadline for the shirt.

Kimber45

Just letting everyone know that registrations are still open for the match. Someone told me they thought there were no more openings but this is not so. The deadline of July 19 was only for a t-shirt to be included with your entry. We still have openings so get your entry forms in soon.

Kimber45

Thanks to Jim and his crew for staffing the Walls of Steel Stage at the John Kelly Memorial Practical Shooting Match. It was an awesome stage and I heard a ton of positive feedback about it. Hopefully we can have some folks who shot at the JK come down for the Walls of Steel match - if you thought that one stage was great you would really enjoy shooting the whole match.

Regards,
John

Just letting everyone know that registrations are still open for the match. Someone told me they thought there were no more openings but this is not so. The deadline of July 19 was only for a t-shirt to be included with your entry. We still have openings so get your entry forms in soon.

Kimber45

I guess this gives the IDPA guys time to get some more mags!
Dave

I'll be there again this year. You guys put on an excellent event. I had an awesome time last year. See you on Friday with my two blasters.

BTW should the shotguns be brought out again for a side match?

I'll be there again this year. You guys put on an excellent event. I had an awesome time last year. See you on Friday with my two blasters.

BTW should the shotguns be brought out again for a side match?

Yes bring the shotguns again. Same format as last year.

Kimber45

I'm in, I can't wait. I'll be shooting in the Saturday morning session. After shooting in the "mini" Walls of Steel match I can't wait to get another crack at that damn dueling tree. I don't know why I have no problem shooting steel left to right, or right to left but as soon as I have to shoot up and down I crash and burn.

I can't wait...

-Cuz.

Hey Jim ?? will there be a confirmation site or something to let us know we are all set ??
Can't remember what you've done in the past !

Back
Top Bottom