• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Changing of the Guard at WSA IDPA Program

Amputee Marksman

NES Member
Greetings,

After 7.5 years of running the IDPA program at WSA I have made the decision to step down as the Chairman of the program.

When I took over the program in 2016 it was in turmoil. The previous Chairman had alienated the BOD at WSA and walked away with no notice. I reluctantly took over because there was no one else to do it. I am proud of the work I did to repair the damage with the BOD and the other disciplines in the club. I am most proud that with the help of lots of people, too many to list, we successfully ran the IDPA MA State Championships in 2017, 18, 19 and 22.

I wish I could say I am leaving the program in tip top shape but unfortunately that is not the case. The Covid shutdown took a heavy toll on participation and our numbers. We have never recovered. While our practice number have returned to pre-covid levels the match participation has not. We struggle to get more than 25 shooters when pre-covid we ran in the high 30s and low 40s consistently. I have spoken with other clubs and they seem to be having the same issues with match numbers.

I am working with a very qualified individual who will potentially be taking over for me. Next year, 2024, I will continue to work with this individual and other club members to ensure a smooth transition. I will also continue to serve as VP of WSA so the IDPA program will have representation on the BOD. More information on the transition will be coming in the future.

It has been my honor to serve as the IDPA Chairman at WSA.

Dave Draper
IDAP Chairman WSA

Back
Top Bottom