New Steel Challenge World Record - <shrug> <spit>

allen-1

NES Member
Long story short - somebody fat-fingered one of my stages and it made it into USPSA's Steel Challenge database - and they have thus far refused to fix it. If it were a bad score, it would get overwritten the next time I ran that stage - problem is that it's an extraordinarily GOOD score.

Good enough that it's moved my ranking from "A" to "Master". Good enough that it's better than the existing World Record. No, I'm NOT kidding, see screen shots below.

First problem for me is that I'm now ranked as a Master in SC Carry Optic, which means that I'm competing against people who are at least a level ahead of me. Second and bigger problem is that since I'm classed as a "Master" there, GSSF now treats me as a "Master" in ALL divisions.

I just shot a GSSF match. With a classification of "Master", I went from 2nd to 14th in one division and from 1st to 6th in another. I sent USPSA an email back on the 12th, before the scores from GSSF were finalized. They never responded. The scores were finalized yesterday. That's a cash payout and a gun that I just lost.

Just sent them another email, adding their general support address to it.

If they're not going to fix their database - if they insist that the scores stand - then I'm a new World Record holder. <spit>

1677176107088.png

Up at Pelham once I shot a stage first in my squad and had a good run. But evidently the timer didn't catch the last array so it looked like I smoked it. It was ridiculous.

@Rob Boudrie was kind enough to provide me with a contact when he read this post and I’ve been emailing with them.

As of this afternoon it appears that they’ve corrected their database.

I’ll know for sure tomorrow.

When I shot revolver, we didn't have enough shooters in my ranking at area 7, and there werent enough a tier above, so they bumped us up which caused me to finish second.

That was f*cking bullsh*t.

When I shot revolver, we didn't have enough shooters in my ranking at area 7, and there werent enough a tier above, so they bumped us up which caused me to finish second.

isn't 2nd better than not being able to shoot?

Well when we shot flintlocks sonny......

But seriously.
You get cash and guns for winning?
That's almost as good as being in a cartel. Minus the hookers and blow I'm guessing.

But seriously.
You get cash and guns for winning?
That's almost as good as being in a cartel. Minus the hookers and blow I'm guessing.
GSSF, Glock matches, award both on merit and randomly.

I was the first “non-master” in unlimited division and second in MOS. That’s a gun and a cash payout

Because I was classed incorrectly as a master, not GSSF’s fault, I was much further down in the rankings.

Back
Top Bottom