• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walls of Steel 2010

Hey Jim ?? will there be a confirmation site or something to let us know we are all set ??
Can't remember what you've done in the past !

Sorry Dave. Thought I sent you a confirmation email already. You are all set for your time slots. I just sent an email to you also.

Jim

Well, one week away. I am looking forward to this match and hope it tells me something. For me, this will be a test for my hands to see if I continue or drop back to only occasional matches. I plan to shoot my STI in the AM and a borrowed revolver in the afternoon. First time with a revolver in a year. My 40 S&W ammo is all loaded, I will be doing the 38spl today. It will be a great weekend of shooting with a good group of people.

See you all there.

There are still slots open for any of you last minute entries. If you want to shoot bring an entry form on the day of and we'll get you in. I'm thinking it might be cutting it too close to mail in entries at this point.

Entries are up almost 40% from last year which I think is a pretty good amount of new shooters. Thanks to all that have already entered and see you this week.

Kimber45

Shoot slower, go faster!

I know.. I was kind of joking. The reality is I'm hoping that I have learned from the JK match and will be using this match as training. I calculated the time/shot of some of the faster runs and it averaged at about 1 sec/shot. Even with a couple quick reloads- you have a lot of time/target. Providing you don't get too excited and just blast away. LOL

At 20-30 targets/stage and 6 stages... I figure I need to bring about 600 rounds. [laugh]

Just 600 rounds... Don't you want to shoot all 6 stages???

:)

When are you shooting? I'll be there all day Saturday.

-Cuz.

Just 600 rounds... Don't you want to shoot all 6 stages???

:)

When are you shooting? I'll be there all day Saturday.

-Cuz.

If I need more than that I might indeed have to leave early. I'm shooting Friday AM... I hope traffic isn't too bad.. I didn't consider that when I signed up.

I'm prepared to be embarrassed but I WILL have fun.

That's all that matters. Fun is the name of the game, and for some reason knock-down steel kind of reminds me of an arcade-like atmosphere at a big amusement park. Lots of bangin' and clangin'

Good luck to you.

At 20-30 targets/stage and 6 stages... I figure I need to bring about 600 rounds. [laugh]

My "budget" is 50 rounds per stage. Last year I went to my 5th mag on just about all stages, this year I was only to my 4th mag (at least there was some improvement). Comparing your skill level to mine, I think you will be safe with 300... I'm shooting Friday PM with Richie... Hope to see you there.

Hilarious!

And Matt......I do not think you count as a rookie either [smile]

I feel like one sometimes - shooting all these matches with scores of talented shooters in the various divisions and with all you guys who just keep moving up and up and up.

And Dave- something tells me that you do not need to worry about embarrasement...

And Dave- something tells me that you do not need to worry about embarrasement...

If they painted everything brown like cardboard I'd knock em down like crazy... it's something about steel I can't understand. But I will give it my best!

Just busting your nads Matt. [grin] Good luck. I'm shooting Friday. See you there Lugnut.

As for ammo restrictions, I don't think there are any. (but then again, I dented a couple of plates this weekend with the .500 Mag. Oooops! [shocked]
Michael.

speaking of ammo and how many rounds to bring, does anyone know a minimum round count? Not that anyone will be shooting the minimum round count but just so I have an idea of how many pieces of steel I will be missing....I mean shooting at.

speaking of ammo and how many rounds to bring, does anyone know a minimum round count? Not that anyone will be shooting the minimum round count but just so I have an idea of how many pieces of steel I will be missing....I mean shooting at.

Minimum round count is 180. Have a new stage we're introducing for the match too that should make a lot of people happy. Bigger targets!

Kimber45

If they painted everything brown like cardboard I'd knock em down like crazy... it's something about steel I can't understand. But I will give it my best!

All you need is a new mind set, Shoot the hostage! [rofl]

Have a new stage we're introducing for the match too that should make a lot of people happy. Bigger targets!

Kimber45

Wow, Bigger targets and no procedural errors? The IDPA guys will never leave now [pot]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom