• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Used my crossbreed holster for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes less than a second to rack a slide and if you know your gun you should be able to rack it one handed if needed.
Anyone using a handgun to defend himself is going to most likely start behind the reactionary curve in an incident. You are saying it's OK to deliberately place oneself even further behind on that curve. The number of ways that one can be defeated rises exponentially if the pistol needs to be manipulated before firing.

Like GSG, I started carrying loaded from day one. It's illogical and irrational to do anything else.

I'm curious about this... How many of the people here that have called this guy a pussy have put themselves through a defensive pistol training program?
I did and I have.

I think my best course of action is to take some classes that focus on drawing, firing, and holstering a pistol properly.

The force is strong in this one. Training he will seek.

A good defensive shooting course is well worth the cost. I thought I was Billy Bad Ass shooting tight groups at 50 feet. Then I took a class and the target moved. [shocked] Suddenly, I realized what a putz I was, and that if my target moved, or I had to shoot a target with my left (weak) hand, I was screwed.

Four good courses later, and more than 2000 rounds shot lefty, I realized I was still a putz, but I was a putz that could hit a moving target. That is important.[grin]

Thanks, center. I hadn't see that instructional video.

And it reaffirms my trick of carrying two folding knives and one fixed blade.

The two folding knives have their blades glued shut, so if they are taken away from me, it's OK since I'll still have the fixed blade to use and do something. Or run away.

Anyone using a handgun to defend himself is going to most likely start behind the reactionary curve in an incident. You are saying it's OK to deliberately place oneself even further behind on that curve. The number of ways that one can be defeated rises exponentially if the pistol needs to be manipulated before firing.

You also put yourself further behind the curve by wearing an IWB holster, and even further by tucking your shirt in...God forbid you have to take a piss and put yourself behind the curve even more by using a hand to aim into a urinal. Life is never black and white, and to treat it that way is irrational.

Like GSG, I started carrying loaded from day one. It's illogical and irrational to do anything else.

It may seem illogical and irrational to you, but many others don't feel that way. I personally carry with one in the pipe, but I would never call someone irrational for carrying without one there. The snap cap method...now that I would agree is irrational. :)

thats it, i'm only going to carry at the low-ready everywhere i go. this thread has inspired me.

tac vest
pistol w / 33rd mag @ low ready
second pistol in a drop leg with 33round mag

i wont have to reload. just drop pistol and draw [rofl]

thats it, i'm only going to carry at the low-ready everywhere i go. this thread has inspired me.

tac vest
pistol w / 33rd mag @ low ready
second pistol in a drop leg with 33round mag

i wont have to reload. just drop pistol and draw [rofl]

Ahhhhh the ole 66 round NY reload.......well played sir!

I've always wondered if people that buy a wheel gun for thier everyday ccw...do they carry it completly unloaded and have a moon clip or speed loader at hand ready to drop in?That takes alot of time..seems you would be dead twice over..Or do they carry -1?

If you don't feel comfortable carrying a firearm with one in the pipe and ready to go and be ready to possibly kill your immediate threat to you or a loved one in a life or death situation..just carry a can of pepper spray instead.

How can you not trust yourself enough to carry with one in the pipe..but yet trust the firearm you carry not to malfunction?

It takes less than a second to rack a slide and if you know your gun you should be able to rack it one handed if needed.

Let's play 21 feet.... a charging bull, a pipe in his hand and you trying to draw and rack before you get a shot off. Wanna Play? You need to be on top of the game here, so stop insinuating that carrying without one in the chamber is OK. It's NOT.

I'm curious about this... How many of the people here that have called this guy a pussy have put themselves through a defensive pistol training program?

Been there, done that.

BTW he asked if he was a pussy. I answered.

I'll insinuate whatever I want as long as I firmly believe in what I say. Who are you to tell me not to tell someone how I feel. In my personal opinion I'd rather see someone carry without one in the chamber and work their way into feeling comfortable rather than to never carry because they were told they were a pussy and to carry pepper spray instead. Not everyone has the luxury of being brought up around firearms like a lot of us have and some of those people need to ease theirself into this lifestyle. My suggestion is for him to do what he needs to feel comfortable until he gets training. IMO, that's not an unreasonable answer to his question.

What kind of IWB holster do you use? I wear a Don Hume at 1 o'clock that rides high and I can draw quickly (even while I'm sitting).

I wear a Crossbreed. I'm not saying they are slow to draw from. I'm saying they are slower to draw from than an exposed OWB holster.

I'll insinuate whatever I want as long as I firmly believe in what I say. Who are you to tell me not to tell someone how I feel. In my personal opinion I'd rather see someone carry without one in the chamber and work their way into feeling comfortable rather than to never carry because they were told they were a pussy and to carry pepper spray instead. Not everyone has the luxury of being brought up around firearms like a lot of us have and some of those people need to ease theirself into this lifestyle. My suggestion is for him to do what he needs to feel comfortable until he gets training. IMO, that's not an unreasonable answer to his question.

Holy Cow! Is someone having a hissy fit? You can tell them whatever you want and if you want to tell them carrying an unloaded gun is OK then fine. I don't care. I just hope that I don't have to count on him in a gun fight. Because I'll be shooting while he's busy trying to load his weapon.

And what's this "ease themselves into this lifestyle"? Crap that sounds like some shit I would hear at a Cambridge school board meeting.

And what's this "ease themselves into this lifestyle"? Crap that sounds like some shit I would hear at a Cambridge school board meeting.
Whatever, dude...In case you weren't aware...we (people who actually carry) are in the minority. People usually don't just jump into CCW all balls to the wall and some people do need to ease into it. Oh...I forgot...we don't want those pussies to enter "our" world.

Man, you guys are too much! How can anyone say that someone completely new to carrying firearms is a pussy for lacking the confidence to carry locked and loaded? Choosing to carry is a personal choice, and has to be comfortable for the person doing the carrying. If he doesn't have the confidence yet that he can draw without accidentally grabbing a handful of trigger, than what is the problem? I'm sure even the most gung ho characters on here had some level of fear when they first started. Would you rather have the guy develop a personal level of comfort on his own time, or become a statistic that will be used by the moonbats to support their arguments that we shouldn't be carrying as civilians? Honestly, I don't see the issue here because inmo, having a firearm, even without 1 in the chamber, is still preferable to being unarmed completely if the shtf. Only time and practice develop confidence, and since he hasn't had either yet, why call him out on it? What are you guys that are criticizing his decisions to feel safe going to say to him, if he were to put a round into his thigh, or even worse - hurt someone else just because he didn't want to look like a pussy to a bunch of internet commandos who he will likely never even meet?[rolleyes]

Carry the way you want! Just my two cents worth. I carry chambered and not depending on the area I am traveling in. Yes, I know it can happen anywhere, but I guess I like to live dangerously. Another reason is in case I get pulled over in my car or confronted in person by an LEO. It may score some points with them if it is unchambered when they inspect it. Just what I do.

Another reason is in case I get pulled over in my car or confronted in person by an LEO. It may score some points with them if it is unchambered when they inspect it.

Let me be the first to say it before Jose rips you a new interweb ass. Dude WTF? If you think that you are going to " score points" for carrying unchambered what ever you are smoking is some high grade pharmaceutical grade stuff.

I don't know what cosmic rabbit hole you slid down, but if a cop has gone as far as to search you, and discovers your concealed firearm, your ass was going to jail before he ever "inspected" anything. Unless you are a total dumbass, he will never know you are carrying concealed if you get pulled over. If he asks you to step out of the car and searches you, you were already on your way to jail. He is not going to let you go regardless of the condition of your carry piece.

" Well, you were swerving all over the road, but since you carry without one in the chamber, we are gonna let you slide and pass on the breathalyzer."

The only points you are going to score are with the thug that smashed his baseball bat over your head while you were trying to chamber a round, as he is spending whatever was in your wallet on crack

Whatever, dude...In case you weren't aware...we (people who actually carry) are in the minority. People usually don't just jump into CCW all balls to the wall and some people do need to ease into it. Oh...I forgot...we don't want those pussies to enter "our" world.

More hissy fit! "Not enter our world"? Please. The more the merrier. If you want to carry, man up and put one in the pipe otherwise put it in the safe so no one gets hurt.

. Another reason is in case I get pulled over in my car or confronted in person by an LEO. It may score some points with them if it is unchambered when they inspect it. Just what I do.

Fail

More hissy fit! "Not enter our world"? Please. The more the merrier. If you want to carry, man up and put one in the pipe otherwise put it in the safe so no one gets hurt.

What world do you live in where that would be considered a hissy fit? Seems to me like you're just trying to get people going...whatever floats your boat... Riddle me this, Batman...how will "putting it in the safe" protect anyone from getting hurt any more than keeping one out of the chamber? You guys act like every situation happens within 21' with one hand tied behind your back. All I've been trying to get at this whole time is to cut the guy some slack. Yes, it's best to be as prepared as possible, yes it is best to have one in the pipe, but why do you honestly give two shits how he carries? I'll tell you what, if shtf, I'd rather him by my side with a full mag & nothing in the chamber than to have his gun in the safe and a pair of pliers in his pocket. It's pointless to even argue this over and over so this will be my last post on it. I'm not taking my ball and going home, I just don't think it's worth arguing a point that the two of us will never agree on.

Man, you guys are rough! IMO, statements like these make no sense. Having one in the pipe is a great idea, but saying that not having one in the pipe is like not having a gun at all is just stupid. It takes less than a second to rack a slide and if you know your gun you should be able to rack it one handed if needed. Next we'll be saying that it's pointless to carry if you can't draw and fire your first round in under .5 seconds :)

I'm curious about this... How many of the people here that have called this guy a pussy have put themselves through a defensive pistol training program? I would personally prefer a person new to carrying be more cautious than to be a gung-ho guy acting like a badass who doesn't know how to react when a situation hits him in the face. instead of calling him a pussy, I think it would be better to recommend some classes to him or help him out in some other way.

Obviously, you were unaware that you have inadvertently found your way onto a thread posted in the NES Middle School forum. No comments or advice without elevating yourself by name-calling like a twelve year old will be considered valid. [rofl2]

I currently carry a .40 cal unchambered - which by definition makes me a French pussy. [wink] I am sure there will be a day in the not so distant future when I start to carry chambered - not because I feel that I will then be comfortable enough to do so - I am already - but because the "times" will call for it. We're not there yet, although many here feel we are, but it could happen at any time. This is what I am "prepared" for in having and using my LTC.

Not every day (I can't at work - I actually do work at a middle school), but more and more often after I get home, I do carry for the rest of the day. And each night before I lock it up, I unholster it, chamber a round and take aim with the same speed as I would if I were to find myself in a situation where I was about to fire. Frankly, clearing away whatever clothing is keeping it "concealed" is what slows me down more than the chambering of the round. [thinking]

I agree that each man and woman should carry (or not) in the way that they are most comfortable each day when they arise. And to those who feel unchambered has NO value at all, other than classifying oneself as a pussy, I have this question.

In my left pocket, I also carry my knife (which I practice/am prepared to cut you with if you should happen to grab my hand/gun before I can fire) as I am certain many of you do as well. I carry it with the blade closed. Does this devalue me down to "kitten" status since I refuse to carry it in my pocket with the blade opened? [smile]

I carried one in the chamber from day one of CCing but I spent many hours at the range first with it.

Obviously, you were unaware that you have inadvertently found your way onto a thread posted in the NES Middle School forum. No comments or advice without elevating yourself by name-calling like a twelve year old will be considered valid. [rofl2]

I currently carry a .40 cal unchambered - which by definition makes me a French pussy. [wink] I am sure there will be a day in the not so distant future when I start to carry chambered - not because I feel that I will then be comfortable enough to do so - I am already - but because the "times" will call for it. We're not there yet, although many here feel we are, but it could happen at any time. This is what I am "prepared" for in having and using my LTC.

Not every day (I can't at work - I actually do work at a middle school), but more and more often after I get home, I do carry for the rest of the day. And each night before I lock it up, I unholster it, chamber a round and take aim with the same speed as I would if I were to find myself in a situation where I was about to fire. Frankly, clearing away whatever clothing is keeping it "concealed" is what slows me down more than the chambering of the round. [thinking]

I agree that each man and woman should carry (or not) in the way that they are most comfortable each day when they arise. And to those who feel unchambered has NO value at all, other than classifying oneself as a pussy, I have this question.

In my left pocket, I also carry my knife (which I practice/am prepared to cut you with if you should happen to grab my hand/gun before I can fire) as I am certain many of you do as well. I carry it with the blade closed. Does this devalue me down to "kitten" status since I refuse to carry it in my pocket with the blade opened? [smile]

^well played sir.[smile] [laugh2]

Man, you guys are too much! How can anyone say that someone completely new to carrying firearms is a pussy for lacking the confidence to carry locked and loaded? Choosing to carry is a personal choice, and has to be comfortable for the person doing the carrying. If he doesn't have the confidence yet that he can draw without accidentally grabbing a handful of trigger, than what is the problem? I'm sure even the most gung ho characters on here had some level of fear when they first started. Would you rather have the guy develop a personal level of comfort on his own time, or become a statistic that will be used by the moonbats to support their arguments that we shouldn't be carrying as civilians? Honestly, I don't see the issue here because inmo, having a firearm, even without 1 in the chamber, is still preferable to being unarmed completely if the shtf. Only time and practice develop confidence, and since he hasn't had either yet, why call him out on it? What are you guys that are criticizing his decisions to feel safe going to say to him, if he were to put a round into his thigh, or even worse - hurt someone else just because he didn't want to look like a pussy to a bunch of internet commandos who he will likely never even meet?[rolleyes]
Well Said

Another reason is in case I get pulled over in my car or confronted in person by an LEO. It may score some points with them if it is unchambered when they inspect it.

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

I'd love to set up some force-on-force drills and invite all the "israeli carry" fools in this thread.

You'd be in for an ass-whooping of epic proportions and if getting pelted with pellets (which would be bullets in real life) doesn't wake you up, nothing will.

And each night before I lock it up, I unholster it, chamber a round and take aim with the same speed as I would if I were to find myself in a situation where I was about to fire. Frankly, clearing away whatever clothing is keeping it "concealed" is what slows me down more than the chambering of the round. [thinking]
Fail on multiple levels.

I'd love to set up some force-on-force drills and invite all the "israeli carry" fools in this thread.

You'd be in for an ass-whooping of epic proportions and if getting pelted with pellets (which would be bullets in real life) doesn't wake you up, nothing will.

I bet the Israeli carry fools would pelt the shit out of the guy with the pliers in his pocket and the other guy with his gun in his safe though ;)

And each night before I lock it up, I unholster it, chamber a round and take aim with the same speed as I would if I were to find myself in a situation where I was about to fire. Frankly, clearing away whatever clothing is keeping it "concealed" is what slows me down more than the chambering of the round. [thinking]

So let me get this straight. You carry with an empty chamber, but when you are practicing drawing from a holster, you chamber a live round? Why?

I don't want to bust your balls, and I really don't think how a guy chooses to carry makes him a pussy or not, but seriously, why would you decide that the time to put a live round in the chamber is while practicing your draw? Did I misunderstand your post and you meant you actually go through these drills with a safe, unloaded firearm, and rack the slide after your draw to simulate chambering a round?

What I am seeing in this thread is that the guys that don't carry with one in the pipe are very sensitive about being told they should, and about half the folks say they felt the same way. Relax. I will say it again, unless you are carrying Grandpa's 1911 that he brought home after the big war, the only way your carry gun is gonna go off is if you pull the trigger. Now if you are worried that you might accidentally pull the trigger, you really (seriously) should not be carrying yet. Spend some more time at the range and carrying around the house.

A big YEAH WHATEVER. Like all of the empty chamber guys have said, you have made it through life this far and hopefully it will never be an issue. You are not pussys but there are really only three possible outcomes to you carrying with an empty chamber.

1. Life will go on as before and you will never need to draw and shoot.
2. Life sucks and you will need to draw but you will have the time to chamber a round and succsessfully fire your handgun.
3. Life really sucks and you will need to draw and will not be able to chamber a round and bad things will happen.

I really don't give a shit how you carry and don't think you are a pussy no matter what. But if we are ever walking down the street and a gunfight erupts I am gonna use your ass for cover while I am returning fire.[laugh]

I bet the Israeli carry fools would pelt the shit out of the guy with the pliers in his pocket and the other guy with his gun in his safe though ;)

If your training and procedures are geared towards defeating a guy with pliers in his pocket, well, good luck.

OBTW, if the guy with pliers in his back pocket happens to be within arms reach of you, he's going to disarm you and make you his bitch while both your hands are busy racking the slide.

I really wish my adversary were that stupid.

omg,

1850_G_1282903227442.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom