Update: Active driver/stabber at Ohio State, now dead

Seriously check into this. Our school changed it's policy too. AFAIK, the teachers also received to training as to what they should do besides sheltering. This was in conjunction with the local PD.......I'll see if I can get you some info on it.
I'll ask her this evening. She just went back to teaching this year after being out of it for about eight years. It could be that she hasn't been trained yet, or I might have misunderstood.

A student there was interviewed on WBZ 4 just now and said there was no shooter or gunshots; it was a car that crashed into the hall. Curious to see what actually happened.

A suspect is dead after an active shooter was reported on the campus of Ohio State University in Columbus on Monday.
The school alerted students and faculty shortly before 10 a.m., ordering them to shelter in place as police, FBI and ATF units swarmed the area.
At least 8 people were being treated at local hospitals, officials said. None appear to have life-threatening injuries.
Both NBC News and CNN report that officials believe the suspect acted alone and attacked victims with a large knife before being fatally shot by a responding officer.
The shelter in place order was lifted around 11:30 a.m., and scene was declared secure.
Classes were canceled for the remainder of the day.

"active shooter' used a knife

My office says to throw office supplies at the bad guy.
Not sure what my office says. I have an office that has a door that leads outside approximately 10' from my desk. My car is another 10' from that. If I ever heard gun shots here, anyone looking would get to see a new record for the Fat Boy 6.5 yard dash. :D

Not sure what my office says. I have an office that has a door that leads outside approximately 10' from my desk. My car is another 10' from that. If I ever heard gun shots here, anyone looking would get to see a new record for the Fat Boy 6.5 yard dash. :D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to knfmn again.

Didn't know you had a motorcycle , ;-)

Already saw one of those comments. something like "Seconds Amendment strikes again" and "all guns need to be confiscated and melted down"

Yeah, but at least now there is a lot less meat behind those comments now that Republicans control the White House and congress. We have at least 4 years of not having to worry about panic buying after one of these events. Hopefully more than that.

That awkward moment when you poorly barricade the inside of an outswing door...

CyXKxNFUsAAih3D.jpg

JFC. Did anyone read the article? The only "shooter" was the cop. The suspect had a knife, that's all. No one was shot except the bad guy. The 8 people injured had knife wounds.

"He pulled a large knife and started chasing people around, trying to attack them," Bower told CNN. He said it appeared to be a large kitchen knife.
"Luckily there were so many people, he couldn't focus on one target. I didn't see anyone get stabbed, but I saw the police officer take down the stabber. He waited till everyone was clear, and the stabber clearly wasn't stopping. (It) took three shots to take him down. (The) stabber had a crazy look in his eyes."

Back
Top Bottom