Two arrested at Massachusetts Gun Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to know as well. Private club? Both clubs I belong to ensured I had a valid LTC but of course if I failed to renew earlier this year, they woudn't be any the wiser.
I know one of the off duty cops. One of them had an access card that was "borrowed" from his father. Neither are members. And no....neither had ltc

there is a new indoor range maybe 4 miles from my house, the problem is it is about a half mile into MA..... so needless to say I can't go there...

I thought the courts ruled not too long ago the smell of pot could no longer be used as probable cause in MA?

This will get booted with the right lawyer

Smell of unburnt marijuana cannot justify search of car - The Boston Globe

Reactions: 92G
there is a new indoor range maybe 4 miles from my house, the problem is it is about a half mile into MA..... so needless to say I can't go there...

I thought the courts ruled not too long ago the smell of pot could no longer be used as probable cause in MA?

Says smell is not ok for "search of car".

Actively shooting a handgun and smelling and acting impaired is a completely different thing. THEY WERE VISIBLY ACTING IMPAIRED.

Seems that at least one of the dudes (the one with the alleged stolen gun) is an alleged heroin dealer...
Nathan A. Smith, 33 of 48 Reservoir St., Cherry Valley, charged with trafficking 18 grams or more, less than 36 grams, of heroin/morphine/opium, and distribution of a class B drug, continued to Aug. 13.

Courthouse Records

As much as I am a fan of no police contact. I have to give the Warren pd a good solid nod here. They seemed to take this professionally and aren't going Wilde Wilde Lib over it.

As much as I hate the laws in MA. They are the laws. And as much as I believe what we put in our bodies should be our decisions; not the government and not PharmaCom, I also have to give them a pass.

The Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint.

ya but the Patrolman's Association is not a government body, so 1A does not come into play here, ask anyone that has been banned on FB

StupidDoes.png

I know one of the off duty cops. One of them had an access card that was "borrowed" from his father. Neither are members. And no....neither had ltc
His dad is less than pleased right now.[laugh]
Unrelated...Knew a kid back in the day who was walking stuff out of HD in Somerville on a regular basis. They had his pic posted there, kind of a bolo thing. Thing is, his mom was an employee there. Imagine having to go to work every day and see a pic of your kid posted on the wall?

Impaired shooters piss me off. I won’t go looking
for it but if somebody comes up to me at the range
reeking of booze or crack or marijuana or anything
else that I deem suspicious I will call them out on it
immediately. I just have no patience for people doing
dangerous things while being impaired. Not like shooting
is inherently dangerous but when you’re impaired it sure is.

I put it in the same category are impaired driving.
I’ll put a stop to it if I can. We have enough tragedy
in life without dopes making things worse by getting
high and doing things that could hurt others.

Not a victimless crime. Someone could have been shot.
If they were in a 100 acre field and could only shoot each other
then have at it.

What does someone who is reeking of crack smell like?

if they can't get PC and an arrest on the smell, they'll just say there was a marked (firing) lane violation instead.

Someone posted that part of the state is like WV.....reeking of crack probably means they use corncobs to wipe their ass.

Wow, NES has fallen in the 7 years I've been away in Montana.

Rather than admitting that there is no freedom left in Massachusetts let's victim blame and call them stupid...for the record I think weed is disgusting, but who did they harm?

The state.
Seriously? Stoned aholes shooting gunz at the range are not a problem? Smoke another bone and post again.

As much as I am a fan of no police contact. I have to give the Warren pd a good solid nod here. They seemed to take this professionally and aren't going Wilde Wilde Lib over it.

Meh. They still broke out the display table and set up their little still life photo shoot, which they proceeded to use for social media bragging/fearmongering purposes.

It’s a smell you’ll never forget. Burning, heavy chemical smell that burns your nose.
I picked up home health care O2 bottles after they had been abandoned. They would
call us because we would rent tanks to the home health co’s and our name+number was
on the bottles. Usually we would be called by the eviction people or landlord after the
tenant abandoned the property. I would go into many of these properties that were crack
houses, that’s a smell you never forget.

Wow, NES has fallen in the 7 years I've been away in Montana.

Rather than admitting that there is no freedom left in Massachusetts let's victim blame and call them stupid...for the record I think weed is disgusting, but who did they harm?

The state.
I rather go score a 750ml of bourbon and set up next to you on the line but a few bones could set me up just as well with a good buzz.

The nut bags this past weekend didn’t hurt anyone prior to shooting up the store or club either.

Hey leave Warren alone we are not all cousin kissing hillbillies o_O. I believe these clowns were from Cherry valley.
I assume it was Quaboug sportsmen’s club typical small rural club. I wonder if they where trying to chat it up with the young female officer.
Warren is a very green town PD seems ok other then the typical small town radar traps and other Mayberry type stuff

Were they really stoned (Blood Level) or was it used as a fishing expedition with the standard size mags?

If they were stoned I have no sympathy, but too many times has a police officer told a story that just wasn't true.
My first thought was the foot long mags caught their eye and then the old "strong odor of what was believed to be marijuana" card was played.

Fail. Smoke weed, drink booze, get as wasted as you damn well please. No problem with that. But dont go shooting after getting wasted. Especially if your guns aren't legal. Unless your out in the middle of nowhere and your the only one who could be hurt as a result of your stupidity. PSGWSP.

Seems like there's some debate on the forum whether or not these two 2nd Amendment supporters are indeed guilty. Well, the NES standard always reverts to appearance so I did some research to find some mugshots or something-

source.gif

OK, under the influence perhaps debatable. But PP / heroin dealer? No defending that. These two idiots were asking for it and I'm more likely to believe the under the influence charge. Honestly, if anything this is another example of MA gun laws punish the innocent and do NOTHING to keep guns out of the hands of cretins like these two.

But let's not miss an opportunity to bash cops and ridicule members who don't welcome stoned shooters at their range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom