• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trijicon MRO mini red dot seeking to compete with Aimpoint T1/H1

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
A friend of mine who is a Trijicon rep was telling me about this last week, looks like it could be a sweet alternative to the aimpoint micros, which i love.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...iture-rifle-optical-real-retail-pricing-leak/

trijicon-mro-660x431.jpg

MRO-Spec-Sheet-2.jpg

MRO-Spec-Sheet-1.jpg

Schwing!

The kids still say that, right?

Hopefully they are pushing these aggressively and deals will be able to be had once the initial hysteria dies down.

MSRP is supposedly $579 sans mount. Mounts add $50-60 to that price if the link is right.

I'd like to see Bobro make a mini mount for it.

This thing will Aimpoint Pro's lunch if it's truly comparable in performance.

Based on initial reviews its not but they may be able to fix the glare issues and quality isn't up with AimPoint. Time will tell though and moar competition is always better. I'm glad someone is putting pressure on AimPoint to be better and lower their prices.

Based on initial reviews its not but they may be able to fix the glare issues and quality isn't up with AimPoint. Time will tell though and moar competition is always better. I'm glad someone is putting pressure on AimPoint to be better and lower their prices.

I agree we need more legit competition for the aimpoint models. They are great optics but absurdly expensive. I bet the margin they make on those is incredible. Also no way I'd touch that MRO for at least a few months so some long term use reviews come in on it.

What reviews?

I agree we need more legit competition for the aimpoint models. They are great optics but absurdly expensive. I bet the margin they make on those is incredible. Also no way I'd touch that MRO for at least a few months so some long term use reviews come in on it.

i agree they need more competition but have to disagree that they are overpriced. speaking about the micro models specifically, i dont know what their margin is and i dont really care. what i do know is they are the only game in town (currently) for an extremely rugged, lightweight, well made, rds with incredibly long battery life. Even optics that are similar in function and price do not compare with the aimpoint with regards to ruggedness, size and weight, and battery life. For example the best eotech available right now, the EXPS3, costs the same if not more than an aimpoint t1, I've owned both, and i can tell you from experience the T1 is a much better sight. I dont see too many people complaining about trijicon ACOG prices, the design is 27 years old and people still pay 1-2000 for them, are they worth it? if you think they are sure.

i also wish they were cheaper, and I'm glad trijicon is getting in the game and offering some competition, but just because they are expensive, does not mean the T1/T2 is not worth every penny when a) your life depends on it, or b) you want the absolute best RDS available.

Last edited:
they are the only game in town (currently) for an extremely rugged, lightweight, well made, rds with incredibly long battery life.

That is precisely the issue and why they can charge what they do. I also have owned both eotech and aimpoint and prefer aimpoint, but eotech is definitely cheaper. I got my xps2 NIB for $400. Granted not NV compatible but that's not a feature I'd likely ever use. If I could find new micro for $400 I'd definitely grab it. Maybe they have come down a little since the new micro launched (haven't checked lately).

I agree the AimPoint prices are in line with the quality. That doesn't mean that competition from a comparable product couldn't put downward pressure on their prices. We always want more stuff for less because it means we can buy moar stuff!

The reviews came up in Twitter, not sure if I can find them again but I will look. I'm not going to link a tweet bc they come and go so quickly but if it links to an actual article I will put it here.

They are being released "in time for the holidays with a re-release at Shot Show 2016". Pre-release models for review are currently circulating.

looks sharp, I personally like to wait and see what everyone else says about it before I shell out $500+ for an optic no one knows anything about. For the time being I would rather have what I already know, Aimpoint.

This thing will Aimpoint Pro's lunch if it's truly comparable in performance.

It'll probably cost more than a PRO does on average, so probably not.

Not to mention even if it is better, there will always still be a religious debate / different strata of buyers for either.

Some 'flints are not going to pay extra even if it is better.

-Mike

8LiuAGK.jpg

[wink]

full disclosure: i own one of these patches.
That is awesome. Where can I get one. Once I have that and someone comes up with a "Muffin Top Operator" patch I will have everything. [emoji6] Seriously where can I get one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It'll probably cost more than a PRO does on average, so probably not.

Not to mention even if it is better, there will always still be a religious debate / different strata of buyers for either.

Some 'flints are not going to pay extra even if it is better.

-Mike

Sorry totally mistyped that. Meant to say Aimpoint micro, not PRO.

Back
Top Bottom