Tri-corner hat.

240Geezer

NES Member
I need a tricorner hat. A real one not a party prop.
Any ideas for local as opposed to say Etsy or Ebay?

Wehn I was a yowen right around the Bicentennial, I desperately wanted a tricorner hat. The various shops and sundry-carts in Boston had stupid pirate hats without any corners and that was it. As if the Revolutionary War heroes were pirates. (Well. . . . they sorta were, but I digress.)

My dad tried to "make" one using paperclips on the crappy one. It didn't work. :(

I've longed for one. But at 54, I think it would be wasted on me. LOL

Yeah nothing local. I guess the firearms business wasn't the only thing dying in New England over time.

I had one custom made at a place called Dirty Billy's Hats in Gettysburg, PA. My folks used to live in the next town over & I stopped in. described what I wanted, they measured my head, and a few weeks later I had a custom hat delivered to my door.

View attachment 761628

Did the cheerleaders come with it, or was that an extra customization?

Gotta have the right attitude:

“Some hats can only be worn if you're willing to be jaunty, to set them at an angle and to walk beneath them with a spring in your stride as if you're only a step away from dancing. They demand a lot of you.”
― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

I had one custom made at a place called Dirty Billy's Hats in Gettysburg, PA. My folks used to live in the next town over & I stopped in. described what I wanted, they measured my head, and a few weeks later I had a custom hat delivered to my door.

View attachment 761628

Which one is Dirty Billy? And, did they deliver her right to your door? Oh, wait, sorry. You meant a hat.

I need a tricorner hat. A real one not a party prop.
Any ideas for local as opposed to say Etsy or Ebay?

Define need… I always wanted one as a kid.

I grew up very close to Washington’s Headquarters and the last encampment of the continental army and use to go to the re-enactments all the time — my neighbor was a blacksmith for the re-enactments and made me a lead musket ball that I still have someplace.

I may need to get one also for the full battle rattle…

D30BADD0-2368-44F3-83CE-4E99B297336A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom