Tri-corner hat.

Define need… I always wanted one as a kid.

I grew up very close to Washington’s Headquarters and the last encampment of the continental army and use to go to the re-enactments all the time — my neighbor was a blacksmith for the re-enactments and made me a lead musket ball that I still have someplace.

I may need to get one also for the full battle rattle…

View attachment 762128

...not to quibble, but that's a bicorne.

You're welcome.

Anyone remember these?

View attachment 761665

Well, all of you that do remember them, it means you're really friggin old :-(

And then make a few newspaper "trees" with the rest of the Sunday paper. My brother came over probably 15 years ago and made them for my girls. I had forgotten all about either of them. LOL. They got a kick out of it. Then we threw it all in the recycling bin. ;)

Yeah, it's not my thing either, but I am glad they do it.
Keeping history alive and all. Not an inexpensive hobby for those that participate, and most only get out 2 or 3 times per year.
It's a lot of commitment.

My wife knew a dude in grad school that was in one of those groups. Literally half his dorm room was filled with his reenactment stuff. He had two bicornes (that I could see), and now that I know what they cost? And seeing all the rest of his shit? He must have spent over $10k all told, minus a musket.

I looked into joining one of those Stormtrooper groups once, just for fun and because I already had a Sterling. As soon as I saw the price tag for the armor, I noped right out.

Yeah, it's not my thing either, but I am glad they do it.
Keeping history alive and all. Not an inexpensive hobby for those that participate, and most only get out 2 or 3 times per year.
It's a lot of commitment.

It sounds like the WNBA.

But, it makes people happy and doesnt cost me tax dollars so it's all good.

My wife knew a dude in grad school that was in one of those groups. Literally half his dorm room was filled with his reenactment stuff. He had two bicornes (that I could see), and now that I know what they cost? And seeing all the rest of his shit? He must have spent over $10k all told, minus a musket.

I looked into joining one of those Stormtrooper groups once, just for fun and because I already had a Sterling. As soon as I saw the price tag for the armor, I noped right out.
I'd be surprised if the stormtroopers armor was still super expensive. Seems like more places make it now and it's not as niche

I'd be surprised if the stormtroopers armor was still super expensive. Seems like more places make it now and it's not as niche

When I was looking all this up (maybe ten years ago?) there were already a lot of manufacturers, but the reenactment orgs required a very high standard of manufacture. A "Halloween costume" level suit wasn't good enough. Here's the list. That's just the standards; you need to hunt down your own manufacturer, I think.

The most affordable suits were north of $1k and still needed all kinds of work. They were molded from PVC sheets and every piece needed to be sawn out, smoothed, drilled, fitted, etc. Then you had to buy all the strapping and bolt it on. A ready-made suit was much more expensive.

ETA: This place sells these things. It seems a large, basic Stormtrooper costume, ready to wear, runs $1625 now. And you better not gain or lose much weight, or it won't fit no more. But that actually includes the boots and blaster, so it's pretty reasonable. Their cheapest DIY kit is $1027.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom