TOP SHOT SEASON 3 Megathread

DUSTIN!!!!! WTF who would have thunk on episode 1!?!?

Well deserved and earned win!!

Last edited:
Dustin is a machine, must be all that praying. That and a bunch of natural talent. He also likes suppressors. [smile] I think he is probably even better than Ellie May Clampet. He throws golf balls in the air and shoots them with a pistol for fun, while they are still in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dustin is a machine, must be all that praying. That and a bunch of natural talent. He also likes suppressors. [smile] I think he is probably even better than Ellie May Clampet. He throws golf balls in the air and shoots them with a pistol for fun, while they are still in the air.

[shocked] Wow, no wonder he won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feet, not yards. Still, great shot.

I thought he said yards, but I've been wrong before. Either way, you'd really have to know at what range that scope is zeroed for to make the shot. If it was zeroed for fifty yards, you could make a pretty good estimate on holdover and make it. But if you had no idea, hitting the golfball would be a miracle.

I thought he said yards, but I've been wrong before. Either way, you'd really have to know at what range that scope is zeroed for to make the shot. If it was zeroed for fifty yards, you could make a pretty good estimate on holdover and make it. But if you had no idea, hitting the golfball would be a miracle.
The golfball shot was 100 yards. The one-handed AK shot was 100 feet.

That was a good final episode and a very deserving winner, I was glad to see Dustin take it.

Finally caught an episode of "3 Gun Nation" on Versus and enjoyed it immensely, great gun TV!

I'm confused! I setup my DVR to record Top Shot later in the evening because of a conflict. What I got was a lot of "behind the scenes" clips from the beginning of this season. Then, toward the end, they showed the final competition. Is this the same episode you all saw or did I miss something?

BTW, that Dustin fella was magnificent. Talk about a prodigy!

Rome

This!
I gotta believe the producers threw Jake in to make sure the show had a drama queen.
Can you imagine being on the football team Jake coaches[puke2]

So the camp counselor with no formal training at all takes out various fire arms trainers, three gun competitors, IPSC grand masters, etc.

I have to wonder if his lack of formal training and general "just here to have fun" attitude and approach to it was to his benefit there.

I kept putting it down to good luck on his end, and a bad day on others end, but he crushed that final stage.

But, couldn't happen to (seemingly) a nicer kid considering what he does for kids, etc. I can't help but like the kid, even though I didn't want to.

Still, his winning leaves me scratching my head a bit. Help from a higher source???!!! Big Grin

I had DVR the show, and just watched Jake's bit yesterday. WOW

After all that bullshit, bluster, supposed "strategy" to get into everyones, head, blah blah blah, he's the first person on the show ever to take "they are all out to get me, I'm taking my toys and going home" out. Roll Eyes

Well of course they were all out to get you, you were a complete A Hole to everyone. Funny how that works.

If that's how he responds to the pressure of a TV show (all of which he made for himself no less...) how does such a person survive the NSW training?

What a disgraceful display all around on his part.

I'm confused! I setup my DVR to record Top Shot later in the evening because of a conflict. What I got was a lot of "behind the scenes" clips from the beginning of this season. Then, toward the end, they showed the final competition. Is this the same episode you all saw or did I miss something?

BTW, that Dustin fella was magnificent. Talk about a prodigy!

Rome

They had a season re-cap on after the finale, you might have recorded that instead.

Dustin is a machine, must be all that praying. That and a bunch of natural talent.
Yup, a whole bunch of natural talent. His win must be killing all those cometitors with years in uniform or a pile of national titles. They probably are pissed because he hasn't paid the dues they have.

It was very refreshing to see someone that isn't arrogant and all full of himself. Ocassionally nice guys don't finish last.

Anyone else get bothered by the host? I haven't watched much of top shot till I got my DVR and I only got the last half of the season and when I see the host for some reason I just get pissed.. Maybe because he looks like a ******* salesman and keeps one pose throughout.

Another thing is I feel the show is a bit too mainstream, IDGAS what they're feeling or their beef with one another (mostly from Jake) I just want to see raw competition. Too much time spent babbling away, I find myself fast forwarding 80% of the show

The host made a name for himself on Survivor. He kept is word to another contestant knowing it would guarantee him a 2nd place finish instead of 1st.

He was in a voting situation where his vote would determine who the only other survivor would be. His choices were some a-hole that no one liked and a lady he had made a pact with to stay a team to the end. If he had selected the a-hole, the a-hole would have been voted off the island leaving him 1st place. But he kept his word and chose the lady (which everyone liked). He was voted off the island leaving her the winner. That's character.

Back
Top Bottom