• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas man shot, killed after 3 men tried to steal his truck and break into his home

Reptile

NES Member

Houston Police said three masked assailants entered the home, turned off the lights and shot the man while his family was present​

A Houston man was shot and killed on Sunday morning after three perpetrators attempted to steal his truck before entering his home, according to police.

FOX 26 in Houston reported that Det. David Hicks of the Houston Police Department’s homicide division said the victim, only identified as a 36-year-old-man, saw three masked men attempt to steal his truck while watching video footage from a security camera at his home.

The surveillance cameras were located outside the house near the truck, police said.

After the three men failed to take the truck, they broke into the home and turned off the lights, investigators said.

Continues...

Sounds like the victim was an unarmed Black man.

Not much to be said. He knew they were out there, he saw them try to steal his truck. Plenty of warning before they ever reached his door. I hope he at least called the cops and they were en route.

EDIT: Correction, sounds like he had no advance warning.

They're looking for 3 suspects but don't have a description of them.

Poor kids had to watch that shit happen.

He also said that red dots on pistols are an unnecessary fad. He’s got fudd written all
over him.
He might be a real good shooter, but to call lights overrated on guns for us peons (not for the .gov, of course) is dumb. It might be overkill on a range toy, but if you've got something in your nightstand, I'd say you're a big dumbo if you don't have a light. Just like I wouldn't put a red dot on a mouse gun.

He might be a real good shooter, but to call lights overrated on guns for us peons (not for the .gov, of course) is dumb. It might be overkill on a range toy, but if you've got something in your nightstand, I'd say you're a big dumbo if you don't have a light. Just like I wouldn't put a red dot on a mouse gun.
Right. I don’t know anything about the guy except his name recognition so I won’t shit on him, but it sounds like he’s stuck on old skills training.

As an example of what I mean; sometimes when I hear younger military guys talking, at times I’m like ‘well that’s f***ing stupid, we didn’t do it that way you fags” but then I have to remind myself “Self, that was 30 f***ing years ago, things have changed quite a bit” and I’m again humbled by their skills sets and equipment these days.

TLDR never get too old to keep learning and adjusting your skills, tactics and equipment or you’ll get left behind quickly.

Especially in TX there is no reason not to be a couple of steps from a firearm.
Even a cheap mouse gun is better than harsh language.

Back
Top Bottom