TOP SHOT SEASON 3 Megathread

He beat Jerry Miculek. Wow.

Everybody has an off day. Also, a stage that Jerry won was tossed in an unrelated arbitration. Not to say that Cliff isn't an awesome revo shooter. Also, he's quite a character. There was a stage somewhere at an ICORE match that started in a hot tub. Cliff shot it in a speedo. Fortunately for your eyes, it's been taken off of youtube.

Not sure about predicting a winner, but I've handled the SIRT Training Pistol that Mike Hughes invented, and it's pretty damn cool.

Everybody has an off day. Also, a stage that Jerry won was tossed in an unrelated arbitration. Not to say that Cliff isn't an awesome revo shooter. Also, he's quite a character. There was a stage somewhere at an ICORE match that started in a hot tub. Cliff shot it in a speedo. Fortunately for your eyes, it's been taken off of youtube.
Ah, I saw reference to that over on brianenos.com

i only browsed, but it looks like they made an attempt to cut down on the military guys this season. should be interesting.

amanda-hardin_456x250.jpg

I approve of this message

A cop form NJ... he'll probably try to arrest everyone at the first competition

Ahh... I'll play the odds and bet he can't shoot well on multiple platforms.

Unless of course the event is hit the cowering black lab in front of the children.

no real reason behind it but ill guess Gary Quesenberry

The Triple Nickel Course of Fire is designed to measure a shooter's ability to perform on demand by engaging five targets from five yards in five seconds; fewer than 70 people in the world can boast that they’ve bested it.

wow only 70 people in the world have the triple nickle. I feel bad for the one guy that didn't make it

wow only 70 people in the world have the triple nickle. I feel bad for the one guy that didn't make it
Draw from concealment. Two shots on each of 5 targets, plus a reload in there, in 5 seconds. Distance is 15'. I couldn't do it, but I don't know how hard that would be for a top USPSA limited, production, or single stack shooter.

1.50 draw
2 reload
.18 splits

I would say a B class shooter would be able to do it on demand

M1911, none of that is outside your range

Last edited:
A QIT at 5 yards is HUGE.

1.5+.25+2.0+.25+.50+.25+.50+.25+0.5+0.25 = 6.25. A typical B class USPSA shooter should be able to do that no problem. I'd guess any M or GM could break 5 in his/her sleep.
A GM can shoot El Pres in 5 sec, and that has a turn and draw, 2 more rounds, and the targets are twice as far away.

Supermoto replied while I was in the middle of looking unsuccessfully for a classifier that was close. Now that I think about it, the transitions and splits I listed are way too slow. I'm used to thinking of A zones at 10 yards, not A/C at 5 (which I think is about the size of a QIT). I'm going to try this tomorrow after the match and report back.

Last edited:

Yeah, I was gonna say that doesn't sound incredibly difficult. I don't have much trigger time behind pistols, but I'll bet several people on here could do it.

Top Shot Season 3 (Contest Aug 9th 10:00pm EST)

tsbanner.JPG

The guys over at the History Channel were nice enough to send over a little swag to promote Season 3 of Top Shot.

I thought it might be fun to have a contest where everyone guesses who will be the first one eliminated from the show. One guess per person in this thread. The first four people to guess right will win.

SHOW INFO: HISTORY’s hit competition show is back with a gauntlet of all new extreme challenges and eager marksmen ready for a shot at greatness. 16 competitors chosen from across the country vie for the $100,000 prize and the title of TOP SHOT. A national revolver champion, two homeland security agents, a former Navy SEAL, firearms instructors, a restaurant owner and a camp director must demonstrate their skill using the most diverse weapons, from state-of-the-art firearms to rocks. This season also stars some of the biggest weapons ever featured on TOP SHOT such as the Gatling and Hotchkiss Mountain Guns. Colby Donaldson returns as host for the competition that takes a page from history.

The 14 marksmen and two markswomen were carefully selected from thousands of applicants to participate in this season of TOP SHOT. The contestants include a national revolver champion, two homeland security agents (who also happen to be close friends), a former Navy SEAL, two cops, a nurse and several firearms instructors. Two of the contestants, a restaurant owner and Christian camp director, are self-taught.

The shooters will have to display mastery of weapons from all eras of human history, from the most primitive (rocks) to the most sophisticated tactical firearms. Contestants will employ some of the biggest munitions ever featured on TOP SHOT, including the Gatling gun, the Hotchkiss mountain gun and the CornerShot. In addition, they must endure extreme physical tests to stay in the game. High-speed HD cameras capture the skillful execution of each test in extreme slow-motion.

The premiere of season three begins with a gauntlet of extreme challenges. 16 marksmen immediately pair off and duel with one of the world’s biggest handguns. Teams are then divided into winners and losers before facing off in a surprise military challenge. In the elimination challenge, two competitors get the ride of their life on a horse-drawn stagecoach as they shoot to stay in the competition.

Check out the above link for shooter bio's and make your picks!

Amanda Hardin is my bet for 1st one out...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom