• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Toolbags in Gunshops

let's break this down.

caveman with a propensity to fall down

a funny looking dude who died from a cow bite - i'm guessing on the penis

someone who makes people want to drive spikes through their heads

a rotund furry ugly wallowing thing with rudimentary semblances of mild intelligence

you're just never gonna try to climb that karmic ladder, are you son?

It actually appears as if he is descending the ladder. [laugh2]

Pfft, Rangers? SEALs? Not impressed. When I was in, I would take rosters from people's PFTs and enter the scores into the system. My chair, it had an adjustable back....in TWO axes of motion. Show me a SEAL that can get that much lumbar support.

My MOS is actually as a torturer. Take that!

i'm still amazed that people try to lie about certain things like that around people probably would know if it was bullshit or not...i know there are some that lie for the sake of lying but come on

A fellow that my wife worked with was the only person I've ever met who served in Vietnam and will openly say that he worked in a non-combat job.

Huh, maybe I just know some funny people, but about half of the people I know who served in Vietnam who will talk about it at all were non-combat. (Medical types and electronics weenies.)

Then again, I might just not know. The combat veterans I do know (that I know of) sure don't talk about it much. I know a WW2 vet who's finally loosening up about stuff. Only took 60 years! (Although what I've heard from him I dunno that I'd want to talk about it, either.)

As for the toolbags in question, it's hard to believe anyone at all takes them seriously.

PS:
gonzo said:
And I love it when people who claim to have been Air Force or Navy talk about their "MOS"

Hey, my civilian AF job had Metal Oxide Semiconductors everywhere!

Last edited:
Huh, maybe I just know some funny people, but about half of the people I know who served in Vietnam who will talk about it at all were non-combat. (Medical types and electronics weenies.)

You do realize that a very large number of those deployed to combat theaters are non-combat personnel? That seems normal.

The combat veterans I do know (that I know of) sure don't talk about it much.

That was my dad. All I ever heard growing up was how horrible the military was without any real details. Wasn't until I was out of college with a good job that I was able to one day get some real facts from him. Also explained why I was encouraged from a very early age to become a good shot, but discouraged at every turn about enlisting.

My Grandfather.

My grandfather was a POW in WWII. He tries to talk about it all the time and that is because he is mentally ill. After he returned he had a flashback and killed two people. He was put in a hospital for a while and eventually released once he was cleared. He still tries to talk about all the terrible things he did to escape. I talked to his sister after I heard some of the stories because I though he was making them up and she confirmed them all.

Some people have the reaction of not talking about it. I think they may be more mentally stable than others who need to talk about it so they can try to make sense of it.

My father was wise and kept my grandfather from talking about his time as a POW and the escape until we were all teenagers. It is impossible for me to know who is telling the truth on who is making it up.

It is sad if this guy is making things up because he is so lonely or so caught on something he wanted but never attained. If he did do some of those things (not that I have any knowledge of any military training) then he is reaching out because he needs to. In the end as long as this guy is not hurting or killing anyone it is just words that won't matter once you are out of earshot. I hope he finds what he needs to be a happy person, if he wants to be happy.

It is sad if this guy is making things up because he is so lonely or so caught on something he wanted but never attained. If he did do some of those things (not that I have any knowledge of any military training) then he is reaching out because he needs to. In the end as long as this guy is not hurting or killing anyone it is just words that won't matter once you are out of earshot. I hope he finds what he needs to be a happy person, if he wants to be happy.

Daddy prolly didn't hug him enough. Seems to be a virus these days.

I belonged to a Special Forces unit of one. I had top secret orders from the Pentagon to monitor certain bars in the Atlanta area and do everything within my means to deprive the enemy of ice cold Budweiser.

This was tougher than it sounds! The bars closed at 0400 at Guard Mount was at 0600 for my "cover" as an MP. More than once, I put my ammo in my pocket because getting shot or stabbed would have been less painful than hearing my .45 go BANG.

I belonged to a Special Forces unit of one. I had top secret orders from the Pentagon to monitor certain bars in the Atlanta area and do everything within my means to deprive the enemy of ice cold Budweiser.

This was tougher than it sounds! The bars closed at 0400 at Guard Mount was at 0600 for my "cover" as an MP. More than once, I put my ammo in my pocket because getting shot or stabbed would have been less painful than hearing my .45 go BANG.

Heh. I just pictured you as the "Miller High Life" recovery team. (^_^)

I was the founder of the oss in my previous life.
Did you meet Julia? They said at the time that OSS stood for "Oh So Social."

Pfft, Rangers? SEALs? Not impressed. When I was in, I would take rosters from people's PFTs and enter the scores into the system. My chair, it had an adjustable back....in TWO axes of motion. Show me a SEAL that can get that much lumbar support.

A good marine friend of mine said -"I guess I was the only one one that was a truck driver, everyone else was a green beret"
[rofl]

Last edited:
On the topic of gun shop tool bags, I was at AFS in N Attle this past weekend. As I was collecting my ID to leave, there was some D-bag at the counter telling the poor guy behind the counter about how easy it would be to convert and AR or an AK into full auto and it wouldn't cost anything. As I walked by I said it would cost about 20 years in prison, and as I finished I realized the guy behind the counter was saying the same exact thing, almost on cue.

I find it more amusing to ask them to show me how...leads to awesome deer in the headlights look...most can't even field strip the firearm they claim to know how to "convert"...[rofl]

On the topic of gun shop tool bags, I was at AFS in N Attle this past weekend. As I was collecting my ID to leave, there was some D-bag at the counter telling the poor guy behind the counter about how easy it would be to convert and AR or an AK into full auto and it wouldn't cost anything. As I walked by I said it would cost about 20 years in prison, and as I finished I realized the guy behind the counter was saying the same exact thing, almost on cue.

Had a guy ask me if I knew how to convert mine to full auto, since he'd heard it was easy.

I said sure, just replace the lower receiver. He doesn't know what that means, but just said, that easy, huh? [laugh]

I ask specific questions regarding their unit and MOS, when the stammering and back peddling starts I tell them to STFU and move along.

When I see it in person I NEVER let it go unchallenged.

I do the same things with cars (been a mechanic for 7 years). Kid starts running his mouth about his mustang has this and that and I'm like oh what do you have the timing set at? Whats the lift on your cam? Whats the ratio on your lifters? Easy things that any one who has actually worked on a muscle car or put an engine together would know for thier own benefit, let alone if they ever had to explain it to someone. When they are like uh... i dunno or they give me some ridiculous numbers, I call them on the spot and tell them to give daddy his car back. They don't like it too much.

Now I've never been in the service, so I don't walk around telling people I know anything about shooting, sniping, survival. I'm just a civilian who has an interest and thats what I tell people. If I want to learn something about a topic I ususally immerse my self in it I come to sites like this and meet fine people like you guys and Learn everything I can about a topic. However Unless I ACTUALLY know something about things I just keep my mouth shut and listen to the people who do.

Now if we're talking Call of Duty 4 or Halo 3. I'll talk you to death about em. But thats what I am, I'm a Gamer. I know how things work in the world of FPS. Where ballistics and wind dont exist. SO Yeah I'm a Sniper. I no scope people with my barrett .50 cal while running off roofs of buildings and spinning 360 degrees..... so yeah... That guy in the original Post probably plays Socom Navy Seals or somecrap and thinks he's some sort of Sharpshooter in real life too..... Hate to be him if someone ever calls him out on it.

Halo 3 ay? very good game...if I put as much effort into things that actually mattered as I do Halo 3 then I think I'd have accomplished a lot more by now.

I got this the other day from my old unit assocation. According to them, I'm going to be dead in 6 years.. I wish they would stop sending me stuff like this. Here is the part I thought was interesting. I copied and pasted this, none of the following is written by me and as I received it.

"Of the 2,709,918 Americans who served in Vietnam, Less than 850,000 are estimated to be alive today, with the youngest American Vietnam veteran's age approximated to be 54 years old."

So, if you're alive and reading this, how Does it feel to be among the last 1/3rd of all the U.S.

Vets who served in Vietnam?!?!? ...don't know about you guys, but kinda gives me the chills, Considering this is the kind of information I'm used to reading about WWII and Korean War vets...

So the last 14 years we are dying too fast, only the few will survive by 2015...if any.. If true.

390 VN vets die a day. so in 2190 days...from today, lucky to be a Vietnam veteran alive..... in only 6 years..

INTERESTING CENSUS STATISTICS & THOSE TO CLAIM TO HAVE "Been There":

1,713,823 of those who served in Vietnam were still alive as of August,1995 (census figures).

During that same Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served in-country was: 9,492,958.

As of the current Census taken during August, 2000, the surviving U.S. Vietnam Veteran population estimate is: 1,002,511.
This is hard to believe, losing nearly 711,000 between '95 and '00............ That's 390 per day..........

During this Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served in-country is: 13,853,027.
By this census, FOUR OUT OF FIVE WHO CLAIM TO BE Vietnam vets are not...

Last edited:
I got this the other day from my old unit assocation. According to them, I'm going to be dead in 6 years.. I wish they would stop sending me stuff like this. Here is the part I thought was interesting. I copied and pasted this, none of the following is written by me and as I received it.

"Of the 2,709,918 Americans who served in Vietnam, Less than 850,000 are estimated to be alive today, with the youngest American Vietnam veteran's age approximated to be 54 years old."

So, if you're alive and reading this, how Does it feel to be among the last 1/3rd of all the U.S.

Vets who served in Vietnam?!?!? ...don't know about you guys, but kinda gives me the chills, Considering this is the kind of information I'm used to reading about WWII and Korean War vets...

So the last 14 years we are dying too fast, only the few will survive by 2015...if any.. If true.

390 VN vets die a day. so in 2190 days...from today, lucky to be a Vietnam veteran alive..... in only 6 years..

INTERESTING CENSUS STATISTICS & THOSE TO CLAIM TO HAVE "Been There":

1,713,823 of those who served in Vietnam were still alive as of August,1995 (census figures).

During that same Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served in-country was: 9,492,958.

As of the current Census taken during August, 2000, the surviving U.S. Vietnam Veteran population estimate is: 1,002,511.
This is hard to believe, losing nearly 711,000 between '95 and '00............ That's 390 per day..........

During this Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served in-country is: 13,853,027.
By this census, FOUR OUT OF FIVE WHO CLAIM TO BE Vietnam vets are not...
I'd heard that statistic of 60-80%. Part of it may be that you could have joined the service in 1976 and still be a "Vietnam Era" vet, but I don't think that's 13 million. So maybe that 12 million were all "Special Forces Agent Orange"

"Can't see nothing since I stepped on that landmine in Vietnam"

"You were in Nam? So were we. What unit?"

" I was all over, I was in Sam Bang. I was Special Forces Green beret commando. I was Agent Orange.

Last edited:
Whenever somebody tells me something I don't like I start yelling really loudly: "I DID NOT LOSE MY LEGS IN VIET-NAM TO PUT UP WITH THIS BULLSHIT!"

Someone invariably points out that I still have both legs.

To which I merely yell louder: "I SAID I DID NOT LOSE MY LEGS IN VIET-NAM!"

Whenever somebody tells me something I don't like I start yelling really loudly: "I DID NOT LOSE MY LEGS IN VIET-NAM TO PUT UP WITH THIS BULLSHIT!"

LOL OH MAN. I would love to be there to see you say that to someone. I can only imagine the looks on peoples faces when they look at you standing there and their brains can't comprehend what you just said to them.

That Seventies Show.

Don't mean to seem ignorant, but SWCC?

The friend who was a Marine did mention he went through Sniper school. I never knew what you said as being true (but makes a lot of sense), but now explains why he was such a great shot with his P226 (when he got the handgun it HAD to be the Sig P226 and wouldn't accept anything less (glock) or more (HK)).

SWCC=http://www.seal.navy.mil/swcc/

Back
Top Bottom