Thoughts on Tavor X95

I picked one up about a month ago. Shot it a couple times. I like this rifle more and more every time I shoot it.

20161215_084410.jpg

Last edited:
What do you think of the stock trigger? To me, it feels mushy when compared to an AR or AK. It's not horrible, just different.

It's not bad, just different than a lighter/more tuned trigger. I personally like the break and since there is fairly minimal recoil, I can live with the trigger on follow-up shots.

I may have missed it in the previous pages. But can the rifle not be fully disassembled with a pinned muzzle device? Or can just something not be removed/changed. If so, is there a comp that anyone has used that is small enough to pass through?

I was in a class recently and someone had the x95 and mentioned something could be done because of the pinned muzzle device.

Cheers

I may have missed it in the previous pages. But can the rifle not be fully disassembled with a pinned muzzle device? Or can just something not be removed/changed. If so, is there a comp that anyone has used that is small enough to pass through?

I was in a class recently and someone had the x95 and mentioned something could be done because of the pinned muzzle device.

Cheers

As long as the muzzle device is no larger than an A2 flash hider it can be completely disassembled. Look at my pictures in the first post. The BCM Mod 0 compensator is a good example. It can be disassembled.

I feel like I should buy one before the AG makes up more law and tries to ban them.

One of the main reasons I bought mine.

Last edited:
I forgot, this is the Mass wording:

"A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon."

Seems to me it's more like in front of the action on the Tavor. :)

Wait, does it matter in MA if the Pistol grip is "removable" or not? I di9dn't think it did due to the way it is worded? Just that it had a pistol grip below the action....

IWI has released the thin buttpad for the X95, and with our pinned muzzle devices, it's still non-NFA/legal. Even more "F-U NFA & AG" action!

Just put it on my rifle. 26.5" OAL and shoulders perfectly for me (better than Manticore curved buttpad), though your mileage may vary. I am short 5'6" with average wingspan for my height.

Last edited:
if your going to buy something before the AG bans it. you might as well buy a Scar
If you could find a Scar. The going rate for a Scar in Mass is out of control. The Tavor is an excellent platform. If you drop a Geiselle trigger pack and bow into it really comes to life!
I'll by a Scar when the start importing them again or making them in the US and the price drops $500-800 bucks.

if your going to buy something before the AG bans it. you might as well buy a Scar
If you could find a Scar. The going rate for a Scar in Mass is out of control. The Tavor is an excellent platform. If you drop a Geiselle trigger pack and bow into it really comes to life!
I'll by a Scar when the start importing them again or making them in the US and the price drops $500-800 bucks below current MSRP.

I'll by a Scar when the start importing them again or making them in the US and the price drops $500-800 bucks below current MSRP.

Not happening. The reason the price is $2700 or whatever they go for is because people keep buying the things at that price. There's also no real direct
competitor, either, considering that everything else in that class is some AR with a faggy piston kit in it except for maybe HK (which is also rape land. ).

Same thing happened with the FS2000. When that gun came out it was like $1300 or so. Eventually they bumped it to about $1700, still sold like hotcakes.

It's the same reason that new MP5 semi from HK is like over $2,000.... because there are "ZOMG MILLUTARY!!!!" fanboi types who have to have it and don't care about the price.

If this was a mass market gun they would have gone out of their way to keep it under 2 grand. It obviously isn't, and they're obviously selling enough to keep the price where it is. Guns like the SCAR have a marketing advantage because they have no (or very few) direct competitors.

-Mike

Agreed.

If the Freedom Group hadn't completely f'ed up the Bushmaster ACR (Masada) it would be good competition for the Scar at $1700-1900.
I actually like the controls of the ACR better but wouldn't waste money on a platform built by such a crappy company with probably zero support going forward.
With the market the way it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see prices across the industry come down in the next year or two. The problem is in MA we wont see any of that benefit because there are plenty retards around that will pay for anything and most companies are willing to just forget about us and focus on the free states.

I just got my Tavor X95 and tried it out today. Let me tell you the thing is truly unbelievable! The flip up sites are dead on! I was hitting a steel plate at 100 yards with the utmost of ease. And I was doing it offhand which was mind blowing. I can't talk highly enough about it.

Picked up the x95 today and got my favorite color. Only had time to put 90 rounds through it. It was fresh out of the box, seriously, I was sold a rifle that they had to unpack (and yes, I tossed the cardboard box...reference to another thread) and it was flawless. I was not going for accuracy, with the rifles iron sights, I was punching holes in a decent group at 25 yards standing. It throws the brass a long way, I think the guy shooting four stations away got mad. Trigger to me was great but then again this is coming from a guy who loved the original LC9 trigger (I miss that gun, wish I hadn't sold it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Picked up the x95 today and got my favorite color. Only had time to put 90 rounds through it. It was fresh out of the box, seriously, I was sold a rifle that they had to unpack (and yes, I tossed the cardboard box...reference to another thread) and it was flawless. I was not going for accuracy, with the rifles iron sights, I was punching holes in a decent group at 25 yards standing. It throws the brass a long way, I think the guy shooting four stations away got mad. Trigger to me was great but then again this is coming from a guy who loved the original LC9 trigger (I miss that gun, wish I hadn't sold it.

Welcome to the club. It's a great CQC rifle. I liked the stock trigger, but the Geissele lighting bow trigger and trigger pack makes it an entirely different experience. Night and day.

Ahhh I love that color!
I picked black over FDE but would have taken ODG in a heartbeat!
I think the trigger is totally decent, it's a little heavy but it's crisp.
That being said....I dropped the bucks on a Geissele Super Sabra and a Geissele Super Sabra and a Lighting Bow trigger and man she can lay it down in a hurry.

Here's mine that I acquired recently that is all done up.

PM me if you have any questions on the build.

View attachment 195975

which muzzle device is that? looks like a 3 chamber brake that will divert blast backwards? great for muzzle climb but hard on the shooter. for a CQB setup perhaps consider a linear blast diverter like a troy claymore or one of these brake/diverter combos.

http://www.tactical-life.com/gear/a...t-control-devices-2016/#balsum-blast-ferfrans

it pushes the blast and noise forward away from the shooter. brings the noise down from full retard to mostly retard level. the downside is recoil is increased, but for CQB shooting of a 5.56 it's inconsequential. for longer range shooting with magnified optics these blast devices do disturb sight picture. i'm running a troy claymore on my bolt 5.56 and it makes shooting super pleasant.

my experience with the tavor series has been that the effects of muzzle device are more pronounced than say on an AR because the bullpup's muzzle is like 12" from the shooters face. many of these brakes that work great on an AR platform are painful on the tavor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom