Thoughts on Tavor X95

Here she is with the YHM slant muzzle brake. Two weeks later they tell me they didn't need to weld it because it doesn't count as an AW with the cutlass grip guard? And that I wouldn't be able to disassemble it? 20200702_183428.jpg

I brought it there for that reason... They told me otherwise and gave it to me. Is it true I wouldn't be able to disassemble? I thought everything came out the back.

I brought it there for that reason... They told me otherwise and gave it to me. Is it true I wouldn't be able to disassemble? I thought everything came out the back.
I mean... I don’t buy it, but I’ve heard it said before that because it may or may not be a true pistol grip that you wouldn’t need too. But you can disassemble it if you watch enough YouTube videos.

Here she is with the YHM slant muzzle brake. Two weeks later they tell me they didn't need to weld it because it doesn't count as an AW with the cutlass grip guard? And that I wouldn't be able to disassemble it?View attachment 370005
if it doesn't count as a AW than why does IWI make a compliant version?? also I can take that gun apart 100% with the pinned muzzle devise , and when I say 100% I mean every nut screw pin and spring stripped down bare so I'm not sure what smoke they are blowing up your butt

I don't think IWI makes any "compliant" version. Mass gun shops have given me different interpretations of the AWB, some offering an X95 with pinned and welded brake, others with unpinned/welded A2 flash hider. But any pin/weld job was done in Mass after the dealer received it.

I don't think IWI makes any "compliant" version. Mass gun shops have given me different interpretations of the AWB, some offering an X95 with pinned and welded brake, others with unpinned/welded A2 flash hider. But any pin/weld job was done in Mass after the dealer received it.
Actually they do Make one and not just for MA. See the ‘restricted state’ version on their website. Tavor® X95™ | IWI US, Inc.

Actually they do Make one and not just for MA. See the ‘restricted state’ version on their website. Tavor® X95™ | IWI US, Inc.
Well that’s interesting. I was basing my assumption on Mass Firearms saying all theirs were pinned and welded by their gunsmith in Framingham. Looks like this restricted state model is not just pinned/welded but also has OAL of 30in for NJ requirements.

Thanks for the insight.

I got mine at MA Firearms and it was a pin/weld but I’ve also seen the restricted state version for sale in MA too.

I got mine at MA Firearms and it was a pin/weld but I’ve also seen the restricted state version for sale in MA too.

Did you reverse the pin/weld after moving to TX? I'm in that situation with soon moving to TN.

How do you like the magnifier? I'm getting some decent hits at 100yds with my aimpoint pro but I'm thinking about a magnifier to really dial it in and increase accuracy. Just seems like a lot going on up top.
That is not a magnifier. Although I have one.

For those of us in MA, who need to pin and weld. I would recommend replacing the big rubber pad with the thin pad. The big pad from IWI is to get it over 26''.

The thin pad makes a huge world of difference. I could not stand that standard pad, would stick to my skin and cloths.

What is it? Thoughts on magnifier?

I have an Eotech 3x mag with a quick release. It moves from my Tavor to my CZ (both have Eotechs) when I want to reach out to longer distances. When I had an Aimpoint, I would use the magnifier with that as well. I like the flexibility of 3x/no 3x with a flip and the easy mount/dismount to move between platforms. It adds weight, so with a Tavor and red dot/holographic which is already a heavy rifle, you better eat your Wheaties and do some shoulder/bicep workouts with your primary shooting arm.

I will add that the Tavor has built in BUIS in the top rail, so unlike many flattop rifles, no need to purchase/increase weight for add-on BUIS.

Back
Top Bottom