• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Things to do while waiting for LTC-A to be printed?

Hey guys,

So it'll be 2 weeks this Wednesday since I got my LTC approved and it was "sent to be printed and mailed to the police department." I was told it could be 2~3 weeks, it has been almost 2! Time seems to be dragging on FOREVER! So I guess, general waiting discussion? Feel free to share and tips/tricks on what to do while waiting!

Spend countless hours here searching every post about every gun you ever thought of having. Then, go to forums specifically designed for every gun you ever thought about having and search every post about each gun. Then, do it again. Then download pics of every gun you ever thought about having.

Then go to the bank. Take out ALL your money and take it home. Spread it out all over the floor and take a good long look at it because you will never see it again!

I don't feel confident enough to build an AR-15... yet. :)

Learn by doing, its really not that difficult. There's a ton of info online and a bunch of helpful people here. The first time I used my LTC was to pick up some lowers from an NES group buy.

Learn by doing, its really not that difficult. There's a ton of info online and a bunch of helpful people here. The first time I used my LTC was to pick up some lowers from an NES group buy.
Thanks for the heads up! I'm an Engineer so I guess that should make me feel more comfortable building an AR-15. I do know that you save quite a bit of money if you build, as opposed to buying a premade one. Question is:

1. What parts to get
2. where can I get the barrel welded in/near Boston?

Is your location correct? Did they tell you if your license is a class A with no restrictions? Brookline isn't very friendly ,so you may want to look up what you can't buy. Sorry to be negative.

I'm pretty sure that they don't restrict what you can have in Brookline beyond the normal MA restrictions. I on the other hand, will not be able to buy or build an AR until I leave Boston :/

You could also begin the process of joining a club. Sometimes it takes a while, as you have to wait for the next meeting, etc...

Buy cleaning supplies (brushes, patches, bore snake, Hoppe's #9, oil and/or grease, teflon cloth), an assortment of targets, a nice range bag, ear and eye protection, "SWAG" like a cool zombiemax t-shirt (just in case).

Review training videos. Watch every Hickok45 review on Youtube

Join GOAL, Comm2A, and SAF (and others that suit your interests)

Then, research, research, research and kill a lot of time on NES.

Have fun and be safe!

Hey guys,

So it'll be 2 weeks this Wednesday since I got my LTC approved and it was "sent to be printed and mailed to the police department." I was told it could be 2~3 weeks, it has been almost 2! Time seems to be dragging on FOREVER! So I guess, general waiting discussion? Feel free to share and tips/tricks on what to do while waiting!

move all your money into fixed assets so you cannot spend it.

Buy a pellet gun and pellet trap. Shoot in your basement while pretending the pellet gun is your dream gun.

Buy cleaning supplies (brushes, patches, bore snake, Hoppe's #9, oil and/or grease, teflon cloth), an assortment of targets, a nice range bag, ear and eye protection, "SWAG" like a cool zombiemax t-shirt (just in case).

Review training videos. Watch every Hickok45 review on Youtube

Join GOAL, Comm2A, and SAF (and others that suit your interests)

Then, research, research, research and kill a lot of time on NES.

Have fun and be safe!

This

Back
Top Bottom