• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

These Terrified Black Americans Are Packing Heat

Reptile

NES Member
Black gun ownership was already taking off in the Trump era. Then a deluge of horrific killings raised the stakes even higher.
Iesha Williams wants her son, Cayden, to learn how to shoot and safely handle a gun when he turns 10.

The 29-year-old single mom from Minneapolis shares a love of basketball with her 8-year-old, who, in turn, tries to teach her how to play Fortnite at home. But with the specter of George Floyd’s killing by local police hanging over them—like so many families of color in America—she can’t help but look ahead to a more primordial kind of training.

“I’m a single mom with a son, and I’m also small, so I want to make sure I’m protecting my son, and we’re also saving ourselves,” she told The Daily Beast.

Williams has never shot a gun, but she’s been thinking about learning how to use one for years. She just discovered the opportunity to apply for a permit—and receive lessons—a few days ago, when a friend introduced her to the Twin Cities Chapter of the National African American Gun Association (NAAGA). Williams, who joined through a special initiative of the chapter to pay the enrollment fees for single mothers, is part of the quiet explosion in the number of black gun owners nationwide. In 2014, 19 percent of black households had a gun owner, according to a study by the Pew Research Center. By 2017 (the latest data available) that number had grown to 24 percent. And NAGA estimates the percentage may now be even higher, considering the organization’s membership numbers this year: NAAGA, which started with one chapter in Atlanta in 2015, now has more than 100 chapters nationwide with 40,000 members. More than 10,000 of them, like Williams, joined this year, according to the group.

Good. Even if joggers are more prone to violence. Guns for everybody. Now if only the law recognized that god given right.

Good. More guns in the hands of law abiding citizens the better.

Though it would be nice if the run on gun stuff would slow down for a little while. Maybe the year before corona spoiled me. Everything was in stock, daily deals from multiple vendors. It was nice while it lasted!

all for law abiding citizens carrying a gun if they choose.

Now if only the law recognized that god given right.
i've asked this before, did moses have this written on the tablets when he came down from the mountain with the commandments? where is it written 2a is a god given right? i'm under the impression men gave us this right that turned into a privilege once we needed licensing, fees and regulation.

good for them. Every non-felon black person, hispanic person, asian person, white person, and "other"-check-here person should own a gun.

In principle, I agree. However, I have a few liberal friends that I would want nowhere near a gun. They seem to operate on raw emotion as opposed to logical, rational thought. Probably the main reason liberals hate guns so much. They know what they would do if they had one.

That said, no felony? Here's your gun. Lol

Black gun ownership was already taking off in the Trump era. Then a deluge of horrific killings raised the stakes even higher.
Iesha Williams wants her son, Cayden, to learn how to shoot and safely handle a gun when he turns 10.

The 29-year-old single mom from Minneapolis shares a love of basketball with her 8-year-old, who, in turn, tries to teach her how to play Fortnite at home. But with the specter of George Floyd’s killing by local police hanging over them—like so many families of color in America—she can’t help but look ahead to a more primordial kind of training.

“I’m a single mom with a son, and I’m also small, so I want to make sure I’m protecting my son, and we’re also saving ourselves,” she told The Daily Beast.

Williams has never shot a gun, but she’s been thinking about learning how to use one for years. She just discovered the opportunity to apply for a permit—and receive lessons—a few days ago, when a friend introduced her to the Twin Cities Chapter of the National African American Gun Association (NAAGA). Williams, who joined through a special initiative of the chapter to pay the enrollment fees for single mothers, is part of the quiet explosion in the number of black gun owners nationwide. In 2014, 19 percent of black households had a gun owner, according to a study by the Pew Research Center. By 2017 (the latest data available) that number had grown to 24 percent. And NAGA estimates the percentage may now be even higher, considering the organization’s membership numbers this year: NAAGA, which started with one chapter in Atlanta in 2015, now has more than 100 chapters nationwide with 40,000 members. More than 10,000 of them, like Williams, joined this year, according to the group.

Hmm, so she's not scared of black gangbangers killing her son, she's scared of white supremacists and cops doing it? Cause you're dead all the same whether it's a hate crime or gang driveby shooting, and 90% of murdered blacks are killed by other blacks.

In principle, I agree. However, I have a few liberal friends that I would want nowhere near a gun. They seem to operate on raw emotion as opposed to logical, rational thought. Probably the main reason liberals hate guns so much. They know what they would do if they had one.

That said, no felony? Here's your gun. Lol

I get that feeling but rights are for everyone even those we hate. I had a liberal friend who kind of liked guns but openly admitted to me that he didn't trust himself with one. Reality is, most liberals wouldn't want a gun because they either think they're icky, don't trust themselves with one, or are such pussies that the idea of ever taking responsibility for their own safety terrifies them. A small minority of them (the militant commies and antifas who aren't felons) may arm up. That's fine, we have a huge head start on them.

but you're right...the main reason libs hate guns is because deep down they know how unstable they are and they project that mental instability onto us...they think everyone is as f***ing nuts as they are so no one can be trusted with a gun.

Hmm, so she's not scared of black gangbangers killing her son, she's scared of white supremacists and cops doing it? Cause you're dead all the same whether it's a hate crime or gang driveby shooting, and 90% of murdered blacks are killed by other blacks.
This is the issue I have when i hear stories like this. Theres a fairy tale in the black community about how they're being hunted down by whites. Every little inconvenience in their lives is chalked up to the evil behavior of whites. Statistically they already account for a hugely disproportionate amount of violent crime. I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and cheer because more of them are arming themselves. Call me whatever you like.

i've asked this before, did moses have this written on the tablets when he came down from the mountain with the commandments? where is it written 2a is a god given right? i'm under the impression men gave us this right that turned into a privilege once we needed licensing, fees and regulation.
It was on the third tablet that he dropped, which is why we have 10 commandments instead of 15.
And, it is not a natural right either.
There is no such thing as a "right"; only things those in power have agreed not to use force against you for partaking of.

The right to self defense is a NATURAL right - it exists simply because we exist.

If we are equal under the law then no person has more of a right to my life than I have over their life - If you attempt to use force against my life, you extend the right for me to use force against yours.

An extension of that is that all that we own is paid for with our life therefore an attack on our property is an attack, in part, on our life (a taking of that portion used to procure the property)

The right to self defense is a NATURAL right - it exists simply because we exist.

If we are equal under the law then no person has more of a right to my life than I have over their life - If you attempt to use force against my life, you extend the right for me to use force against yours.

An extension of that is that all that we own is paid for with our life therefore an attack on our property is an attack, in part, on our life (a taking of that portion used to procure the property)
so, we agree, god didn't appear anywhere to teach a class on gun rights and tactics.....

Pretty Christian outlook, Muhammed, another prophet of god with just as much authority as Moses clearly states that self defense is a god given right. [pot]

so, we agree, god didn't appear anywhere to teach a class on gun rights and tactics.....
Correct - If you believe in creation then it is a God given right. If you are an evolutionist then the right evolved with our self awareness
Either way the 2nd is only secondarily about guns - it is about using any and all manner of arms for defense of self and others (even if you are defending yourself with a rainbow dildo, no illustrations please)

Pretty Christian outlook, Muhammed, another prophet of god with just as much authority as Moses clearly states that self defense is a god given right. [pot]
Muslims profess Moses as a profit so no distinction here

i guess. nothing can teach us more about protection from the infidels than islam. kill 'em all, let allah sort them out.

you need to re-watch Monty Python, Moses came down from the mountain with 15 commandments, he dropped one tablet, gun rights must have been on that one!!!!

Good point.

It is not a God given right.

I will put it this way, you have a natural right to defend yourself and yours. If someone attacks you, you naturally defend yourself. I know I have...Hell, the critters in the forest do it.

Black Guns Matter

The guy behind Black Guns Matter, Maj Toure, was supposed to be a Speaker @ Porkfest 2019.
We wanted to hear him but he mysteriously vanished, nobody could tell me what happened.

1591638701530.png

This is more my style.

Good point.

It is not a God given right.

men don't "give" rights. They recognize them or not. That's it. Of course owning a gun is a natural/god given right. Our humanity affords us the right to defend ourselves and our intelligence (part of our humanity) affords us the right to use effective tools to do so.

Get this "men gave us this right" thinking out of your head, because it's dead wrong. All rights are inherent to our humanity and cannot be given or taken away. People can try to take rights away by infringing on them, and that's when it's your duty to assert those rights.

men don't "give" rights.
you have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney....someone didn't get the message. if i remember my history, the second amendment is in this thing written by men called the bill of rights.

Of course owning a gun is a natural/god given right.
i need proof it was a god given right. show me where in religious texts and teachings god told someone own a gun. or maybe he appeared to you in person. everything i'm aware of regarding heavenly visions on earth, the same message and plea for peace seems to be a common thread with each. just the idea god said own a gun is incomprehensible. didn't he teach his son jesus to turn the other cheek?

Back
Top Bottom