These Terrified Black Americans Are Packing Heat

i have my beliefs, you have yours. some of you are nasty about it, some are not. i still want to know which one of the founding fathers god came to and said "god given right?" so non christians probably don't have this right? if you want to quote bible passages, i don't believe the bible is the word of god but stories, parables written by men to teach. there was a quote recently from the hbo series west world that really rings true to me. i liked it so much i wrote it down to remember. "religion was established to keep people in compliance."
If this is your belief then why ask in the first place - just to be obtuse?

To have an ordered society those participating must have a minimum set of core beliefs, commonly known as world view. Those core beliefs comprise those conditions we call inalienable rights.
The most basic is the right to non-aggression and can be shown in it's two extremes.

Positive extreme: No person ever starts an aggressive encounter with another
Result: Harmony

Negative extreme: Every person immediately attacks upon meeting
Result: eventual extinction.

The right to self defense is an extension of the non-aggression principle in that by rejecting non-aggression, the perpetrator invites the victim to a response of the victim's choosing (the perpetrator has made their own choice of violence).
This gives each equal footing - each is allowed to decide their actions as equals.
You might ask, why as equals? That is another topic but if you don't believe we are all equals then please post your position on the basics of equality.

If this is your belief then why ask in the first place - just to be obtuse?
because i keep hearing "god given" and i want to know how are these rights god given. i'm not looking for the theological or ideological debate that i'm getting cause the question can't be answered.

because i keep hearing "god given" and i want to know how are these rights god given. i'm not looking for the theological or ideological debate that i'm getting cause the question can't be answered.
The phrase isn't literal - it means that the right to life is not within the purview of man.
It is stated as God given because of chain of authority - if man gives then man can take away. Everyone regardless of belief system understands that god refers to an authority higher than man

And if you aren't looking for a theological debate, don't ask for one by asking where in the Bible it states there is a right to guns.

It actually is (right to life, or the negative right to take life)
some people believe the bible is heaven sent, others believe it was written by mere mortals as a life teaching tool, a guide to live your life by. not much different than the constitution really.

Fear is not always rational. A friend who was an ER doc told me that, in her experience, many big burly guys are scared of getting needles in a medical situation. I've seen friends who are fearless freak out when a couple yellow jackets came near (no allergy before you ask).

We have a right to keep and bear arms. Yeah, states like MA try to distort the hell out of these constitutional rights but they exist to limit government power.

If I'm terrified I'll try to identify specifically what is going on in my head. But I've been on this earth long enough to know there's likely a rational reason for an irrational feeling. And I'll carry where appropriate.

Black, white, brown, yellow, whatever have the same rights and should take advantage of them. I'm also a believer in training and would encourage all new gun owners to get the training they need for their own safety and the safety of others.

We have a right of self protection. All of us should use it. There will always be folks among us who exist to rape, rob, pillage, burn and kill. Personally I'm afraid of the bad elements in society and pay no mind to skin color.

Think about it. My heart could be transplanted into the body of a black or brown person. Their hearts could be transplanted into my body. Liver, kidneys, retinas and more. So what's the difference? Skin pigment. Why that makes someone less human in the eyes of others defies logic.

I'll get off my soapbox now but remember we all need to co-exist. That can be easy or it can be hard. And judging someone based upon the color of their skin makes it real hard. So why do we do things that make our existence harder?

Rich

Think of it this way, the right to self defense is a natural right that comes from Nature. The rabbit doesn't automatically give up when attacked by the hawk, it fights for its life. When a male lion tries to take over a new pride, the current male will defend what is already his. For many, Nature = God

These new gun owners are coming into the fold because when politicians start talking about getting rid of police, people are going to default to self preservation mode. In some sense this is a public safety crisis. In a crisis, most people follow a predicable action path.

1. Denial
2. Bargaining
3. Taking Action

Crime in these communities is going to explode.

Blacks aren't arming themselves for a race war as some idiots on here seem to think. They are buying guns to protect themselves from the criminal element in their own communities, an element that is being emboldened (by design) by the current anti-cop, leftist driven narrative.

The black folks arming themselves are likely already Trump supporters, but many are not. These are law abiding citizens that are going to completely change the political dynamic in this country for decades to come, because without black support, Democrats can't make the election math work, at all.

As a community, gun owners should be pushing hard for more blacks to own guns. Some of the comments on here the past several days have been so ass backwards when it comes to this, it's f***ing mind boggling.

Lesha is an American citizen. Why do they continue to keep racism alive by bringing in color? Jack.
Because it's easier if everyone is a victim. I heard that radio host "Charlemagne tha god"( I can't begin to tell you how that name makes me crazy) say that Biden needs to be more like LBJ when it comes to blacks. Don't these people know that LBJ did more to keep the blacks down than most Presidents?

Iesha Williams ... has never shot a gun, but she’s been thinking about learning how to use one for years. She just discovered the opportunity to apply for a permit—and receive lessons—a few days ago, when a friend introduced her to the Twin Cities Chapter of the National African American Gun Association (NAAGA).
(Wonder if Kim du Toit is a member?)

Tell ya this much if you guys in Mass can get enough Blacks to hold signs demanding the right to own AR’s and 30 Round Mags that bitch Healey would bend over backwards reversing her retarded law.. Faker would hold a press conference supporting her wisdom too
Maybe not; but as long as their heads exploded at the notion,
it's still a net win.

The black folks arming themselves are likely already Trump supporters, but many are not. These are law abiding citizens that are going to completely change the political dynamic in this country for decades to come, because without black support, Democrats can't make the election math work, at all.

As a community, gun owners should be pushing hard for more blacks to own guns. ...
Indeed; even if none of them were Trump supporters,
some fair fraction would get red-pilled (would "see the light")
from the cancel-culture backlash to their new gun ownership.

Even gun owners who don't have the copious free time
to proactively advocate for broader gun ownership,
should at least be welcoming to any legit new owners they encounter.

Holy Crap... although I don't really mean Holy as in God... it's just an expression and I don't really know the etymology of it.

To the real topic - "Terrified Black Americans are packing heat" - This is great news. Let's help where we can. People should be able to defend themselves regardless of color, economics, social status, whatever.

The more educated lawful/legal gun owners in this county that understand that gun ownership isn't just about hunting the better. People are buying these guns for the reason that our fore fathers wrote the 2A. To fight tyranny. To protect themselves and their families.

Let's get more pro 2A people involved. educate - educate - educate. I've said it before too, when we've talked about rallies - the more diverse we are the better chance we have at being heard.

Back
Top Bottom