These Terrified Black Americans Are Packing Heat

I support the RTBA for all 100 percent but that article is hilarious. "Then a deluge of horrific killings raised the stakes even higher." As if blacks were being mowed down by police, and all the other evil whites rather than the vast majority of unfortunate black murders.

you have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney....someone didn't get the message. if i remember my history, the second amendment is in this thing written by men called the bill of rights.

i need proof it was a god given right. show me where in religious texts and teachings god told someone own a gun. or maybe he appeared to you in person. everything i'm aware of regarding heavenly visions on earth, the same message and plea for peace seems to be a common thread with each. just the idea god said own a gun is incomprehensible. didn't he teach his son jesus to turn the other cheek?
yes the bill of rights is an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of rights....it does not grant rights. You're wrong, sorry.

it's not in a text, it's a priori knowledge.

you need to re-watch Monty Python, Moses came down from the mountain with 15 commandments, he dropped one tablet, gun rights must have been on that one!!!!

Think it was History of the World by Mel Brooks. Don't rewatch Mel Brooks movies, they haven't aged well, the pacing is SO SLOW.

yes the bill of rights is an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of rights....it does not grant rights.
dunno, they were drawn up to address issues that were unclear in the constitution.
it's not in a text, it's a priori knowledge.
god damn, that's got to be the fanciest big boy word ever used here. you diggin' deep! but anything written down comes from prior experiences. but is it god given?

dunno, they were drawn up to address issues that were unclear in the constitution.

god damn, that's got to be the fanciest big boy word ever used here. you diggin' deep! but anything written down comes from prior experiences. but is it god given?

ok...believe whatever you want. You don't know what a right is but ok you do you.

i've asked this before, did moses have this written on the tablets when he came down from the mountain with the commandments? where is it written 2a is a god given right? i'm under the impression men gave us this right that turned into a privilege once we needed licensing, fees and regulation.

Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Note that this verse also covers the "purse" some NES members have to use to remove a spider or some animal they don't want to shoot.

you have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney....someone didn't get the message. if i remember my history, the second amendment is in this thing written by men called the bill of rights.

i need proof it was a god given right. show me where in religious texts and teachings god told someone own a gun. or maybe he appeared to you in person. everything i'm aware of regarding heavenly visions on earth, the same message and plea for peace seems to be a common thread with each. just the idea god said own a gun is incomprehensible. didn't he teach his son jesus to turn the other cheek?

Luke 22:36

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Joel 3:10

Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.

Jeremiah 51:11

Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.

Obviously, Jesus did not say, "Stay strapped, or get capped," as gats were some way off, technologically speaking. Of course, 2A uses the term "Arms" not "firelock" or Musket.

There are times to turn the other cheek; times to turn the enemy's flank.

And since I'm not really a church-goin' man:

1591654625173.png

Try this:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

Well, because I feel like arguing, that's not a religious text, as Cobra was asking for - that was the opinion of some politicians, speaking in the vernacular of the day, to make a political point.

Many, many groups believe that G-d is on their side, for instance:

1591654916619.png

And those dudes lost, pretty convincingly, IIRC.

My take: "Whatever is, is right." -Alexander Pope

[laugh]

Jesus gives out guns on his days off.
62534DD3-26C0-4FBF-A14E-10B7CC328D27.jpeg

Bloomberg weeps every time A POC buys a gun. ”Gun control is racist”

Well, because I feel like arguing, that's not a religious text, as Cobra was asking for

Well aside from the fact that no religious text is the only word of God (although most religious types arrogantly claim otherwise for their particular version), the term "God given rights" does not mean that God himself has granted us a particular right on page 1247 section 3 paragraph stroke 12 of the Divinely Granted Rights List (or DGRL) but rather that the rights we have to the basic things that God has given us, Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness etc, are NOT things that were granted by any earthly authority but exist independently. That is why the Bill of Rights just recognizes them as rights that the government isn't supposed to infringe upon. It does not say "The government grants you these rights".

Obviously, Jesus did not say, "Stay strapped, or get capped,"
so in other words..."an eye for an eye."

what happened to "turn the other cheek?"

we're getting deep in peoples religion now, i'll leave well enough alone and keep my personal feelings to myself. but everything you quoted...written by men.

i have my beliefs, you have yours. some of you are nasty about it, some are not. i still want to know which one of the founding fathers god came to and said "god given right?" so non christians probably don't have this right? if you want to quote bible passages, i don't believe the bible is the word of god but stories, parables written by men to teach. there was a quote recently from the hbo series west world that really rings true to me. i liked it so much i wrote it down to remember. "religion was established to keep people in compliance."

i have my beliefs, you have yours. some of you are nasty about it, some are not. i still want to know which one of the founding fathers god came to and said "god given right?" so non christians probably don't have this right? if you want to quote bible passages, i don't believe the bible is the word of god but stories, parables written by men to teach. there was a quote recently from the hbo series west world that really rings true to me. i liked it so much i wrote it down to remember. "religion was established to keep people in compliance."

I explained what the term means above if you're interested. As for being a non Christian that doesn't matter. God given rights only mean that rights are not granted by human governments but rather flow from a higher authority and therefore are "inalienable".

Tell ya this much if you guys in Mass can get enough Blacks to hold signs demanding the right to own AR’s and 30 Round Mags that bitch Healey would bend over backwards reversing her retarded law.. Faker would hold a press conference supporting her wisdom too

Do they have lessons on how to shoot with your gun sideways?
Birdman!!!
Government can't take away a right that they did not grant. In other words an "inalienable right".
Sure, it can, unless labeling something denied as a right counts for something in the real world. It's like saying the Chinese have a right to commemorate the Tienamin Square massacre.

It's not in the text it's referential, as most of the founding documents of this country are.

Strictly speaking, there's no incontrovertible proof that "god said that". However, the founders believed strongly enough in the idea, and the concept of natural rights, that surely our creator (whoever that might be) would have approved- the idea was, that they are so fundamental that nobody, or no government, should be able to take them away from you, as a free person.

You obviously haven't crossed the bridge yet. Someday you might.

This isn't strictly a Judeo Christian thing, either. Some of the founders like Jefferson were not what you would call conventional all-adhering christians.

However, the founders believed strongly enough in the idea, and the concept of natural rights, that surely our creator (whoever that might be) would have approved
point is, these are words written by men, period. as to being heaven sent, still open to debate.

Back
Top Bottom