• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article about C&S and he said it was nuts. Same article said "investor's are getting out of gun company stock". I find it hard to beleive that money hungry investment firms will pull out of the hottest stock????

I read an article about C&S and he said it was nuts. Same article said "investor's are getting out of gun company stock". I find it hard to beleive that money hungry investment firms will pull out of the hottest stock????

Stock priceson gun companies have dropped about 20% this week. Obama has said he wants Congress to reinstitute the AWB.

I purchased Ruger and S&W earlier this year...maybe the gains will help offset the new tax increases.

I am a small "Kitchen Table" type FFL in CT.

I've had 2 previous students and 4 previous customers call me in the last 12 hours looking for either ARs, lowers, and/or P-mags.

Its crazy out there.

Hate to admit it - but I was in FS today to buy a Sig 1911. I just got a windfall check and have been eyeing the gun for a few weeks. I *thought* since it was mid week & just after lunch it wouldn't be a problem. Wow was I wrong! They were "serving" number 10 and I pulled 78!!

They got me in and out in under 2 hours, but it was brutal. And the only 45 ammo they had was Blazer, gonna have to check wally world for something better...

AK stuff isn't out of control

this is because AK enthusiasts don't have shit for brains.

FTR, I panic bought when the O Face got elected the first time around. Lost $450 on that rifle when I sold it. Won't be repeating that mistake again.

On a completely unrelated note, I have an AK for sale in the classifieds. It's listed at "the going rate" these days and should make a future buyer very, very happy.

IDC Firearms in Clinton had 30 AR lowers as of yesterday, at 125 each. I got this information second hand so I'm not sure on maker. I have to admit I bought a case of 5.45x39 and 4 30 round AR mags I may not have if it weren't for the frenzy (Didn't get gouged though). I'm less worried about impending bans than I am about impending shortages and while I may resent the fact that I am in a way part of the madness I still think I'd be out in the cold for a while on these purchases if I had waited.

The panic was in full swing in NH as seen in Hooksett at Shooter's Outpost and Riley's. Places were backed to the gills, even during the snowstorm last weekend.

I guess you could say this is a SHTF situation.

SHTF once we've seen what Joe "Where Am I" Biden's commission comes back with. Same thing with Fienstein's bill that's supposed to be introduced on Day 1. Depending on what we see there, then it's really SHTF.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember there's a crap ton of muni pension funds like CALpers that own stock in SWHC and RGR. They're in the process of divesting which is hammering the price.

I wish Bill Nance was not banned. How many times did he say a new AWB was " NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN...." if Obama was elected.

If he was still here I would like to think what he would say, Since he is not here to defend himself I will drop it for now.

Mods- Any chance of letting him back for a discussion on this?

Guns inc in west springfield ma, had 5-6 AR's in stock when I was there yesterday. Not sure of price, I went I to prefer a shield in 9mm. They had a tv news crew in there, tried to stay off the camera.

The store itself is looking much better. Service was great, not a huge selection of ammo.

I wish Bill Nance was not banned. How many times did he say a new AWB was " NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN...." if Obama was elected.

If he was still here I would like to think what he would say, Since he is not here to defend himself I will drop it for now.

If Romney was on deck he'd be braying about it too, make no mistake about it. [thinking]

Mods- Any chance of letting him back for a discussion on this?

Yeah,. we'll let him back right after Scriv comes back.

[rofl]

Just doing a general cruise of websites, there aren't even any post ban mags available. Sold out almost everywhere (the big dealers).

Last edited:
Powder horn was a shit show today, saw a lady who had sold her pistols to the store 2 weeks ago and was desperately trying to buy them back. Saw 3 Ar's sold within 10 minutes, even the friggin .303 ammo was gone, they still had a ton of 5.56 though. From what I saw they were out of 7.62.

I buy AMMO weekly so I am way ahead of the herd mentality lol, But I will say

shitstorm%20a-brewin%27.png

Respectfully I think its way more than just the Possible Ban, but everyone can draw their own conclusions.

If you had any idea in your head that the CT shooting was a setup in order to enact gun control - then the next logical mental step is to ask yourself why?

Given the Patriot Act, NDAA, Utah super snoop center - etc. - the "why" doesn't really look all that good - does it?

I was just looking at the prices of .223 brass on Gunbroker - looks like the time is ripe to start selling off some of that .223 brass I bought up a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom