The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first looked at this website last night at 9pm, they had 581 stripped lowers in stock: http://aeroprecisionusa.com/shop/ar15-stripped-lower-receiver

2 hours later, they were completely sold out. Every time I hit refresh, the number in stock dropped by 5 to 20 at a time

panic.gif

PANIC BUYERS [laugh]

I am glad I got my 1,000 of WPA military classic .223 last night and today at Pullman Arms in Worcester. They had 30,000 rounds on Monday or Tuesday, and now they are totally sold out.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, what kind of ammo does Riley have, and how much would you guess??

I sold my EBR couple months ago,I sold it with a 500rds of WB did a count today and found a case of South African .223.

I thought a had a high case count of 7.62x39 but turns out one is .223 and I don't even have an AR lol

So now I'm down a case and up a case of something I can't use.

No it's not for sale so don't pm me.

Good. Keep buying, guys. Tell them how you feel with your wallet. It will scare them that this many people are arming themselves to the teeth, and it will give them an idea of just how many active 2A supporters are out there.

If anyone can't find 7.62x39 I know a shop in central NH with cases of it at a decent price. PM me if need be.

this too will pass. i also called FS on Tues had one hell of a time getting

thru, could not order anything, could not even get on a list. I had no idea

folks were in line out the door. In the last panic buying streak i did not

buy anything unless i absolutely needed. for me it doesn't pay.

I couldnt even get into the lot at work because Tombstone was ridiculously packed!!!! My Chief asked if they had a buy one get one sale haha

I just spent some time on GB looking. The same YHM stripped lower I got in a group buy for 80 bucks, is currently selling for over three hundred.....stripped.....retarded.

Looks something will come down the pipeline, but it won't be a full out ban all together. People are totally panic buying.

I wonder what it is specifically about the AR that has everyone clamoring. AK stuff isn't out of control, neither is some other AW type stuff

AR's are the current boogie man in the press.

ya I know that, I just think it's funny how people think it's the end all to have one. I mean sure, they're a nice rifle and all, but people think it's some golden ticket. I just find it a little humorous, but then again I have a colt, and four lowers to build, so I shouldn't talk [laugh]

Anyone else finding kinda ironic that the fear of having AR's banned has put thousand more out on the streets?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

On another note, has anyone used the Thermold magazines made for the Canadian Military? Just wondering. The 10 packs are a decent price, even if they are back-ordered a couple weeks. I ordered a 10pk of Brownell's mags this afternoon because the site said they were in stock. Tonight I got an email that they were backordered; til when they didn't say. Good price though. I'm not in a real hurry to pay the price Colt wants for theirs. Can't believe they're so much better than everyone else.

I stopped by Gander Mountain last night to see what they had left. It's where I picked up my AR on Saturday. At the time they had about 10 AR's, now two. I grabbed the last three magazines and last two cases of .223. There's no gun stores around here, which really sucks. I miss NH.

I wonder what it is specifically about the AR that has everyone clamoring. AK stuff isn't out of control, neither is some other AW type stuff

I don't know, but I've been dreaming about a 5.45 for a while now so maybe once all the panic buyers buy up all the AR's and deplete their bank accounts, the AKs will be all mine! I agree, people are going seriously FR. $300+ for a stripped receiver is retarded.

I pulled in to Rileys as the Brown Santa was leaving. No idea what they delivered.

On the floor, some but not a whole lot of common handgun calibers - 9mm, 40S&W, 45 ACP. FS had way more but higher priced.

Riley's did have 5.56, and 7.62 - varieties of each and some other rifle calibers that I didn't bother taking note of cause I don't have any rifles in them. But people were buying the rifle calibers at 1-3K at a time.

I was at FS around 10:30 and it was crazy then. Collectors wasn't much better.

I was impressed with how quickly FS was handling the gun sales. When I walked in I think number 81 was being served.They got to 93 inside 10 minutes and within 15-20 minutes they were back to 16 even with a backlog on NICS which I heard would someties take 5-20 minutes just to get through (lines busy).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddd it looks like gunbrokers servers are down. Holy crap. .223 federal ammo for 700 a thousand. Wow...those people are gonna feel pretty ****ing stupid down the road.

Anyone else finding kinda ironic that the fear of having AR's banned has put thousand more out on the streets?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Why yes I have, and I think it is great. I got som ammo, i just take a break from shooting for a while. But they aren't really on the streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went up to Shooters Outpost today around 10:15am, looking for 5.56. I picked up 2x500 rounds of Federal last Friday right before the news hit me. They had none today, but lots of other milsurp stuff that I am good on.

I then headed up to Riley's. Picked up another 2x500 rounds of Federal 5.56. They had a 2 case limit, but that was all I planned on getting anyway. I parked along the road, but very close to the driveway.

It's definitely weird out there, see crowds like this at 10:30am on a Wednesday. I think I am set now for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom