The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to get on too Atlantic Firearms web site for two days now....no luck! They had milled AKs for $999.00, I wonder what they are now and if any are left?

Last edited:
I just got back from a local gun store, so I could buy some non-panic-related items. He had a bunch of AR-15's in there and it wasn't busy. I'm hesitant to reveal the location though as it is a small not-well-known shop and I'd prefer the AR-15's to go the locals who know about it. More armed neighbors is a good thing.

Between now and then, Barry just sold more guns and magazines than would have been sold in the next 10 years it will take to repeal whatever they pass.

Nice... [sad2]

Yup, it was a 30 minute wait for the NICS check, they told me yesterday they were waiting up to 45 minutes.

Last edited:
just from browsing online, looks like the panick buying is in full swing. can't find parts anywhere and ammo prices are rising as well as certain calibers backordered (5.56). Not even going to bother checking LGS.

You know in post-collapse movies how you always yell at the screen and tell the protagonist to raid a gun shop? This might be why the never do... everything was cleaned out leading up to that day.

The fun thing is, how many of those gunbroker ads are just shills selling to themselves to drive up the market price? Make people think "ZOMG this case of ammo went for $1000 so $600 is a steal!!!! ZOMG! [rofl]

-Mike

The fun thing is, how many of those gunbroker ads are just shills selling to themselves to drive up the market price? Make people think "ZOMG this case of ammo went for $1000 so $600 is a steal!!!! ZOMG! [rofl]

-Mike

I doubt it, I'm watching some certain things, like on daily bases and I'd seen enough total idiots buying commonly available shit for x10, I totally believe that some fools have a burning desire to part with their cash.

It comes down to , not what is it worth, but what is it worth to the person buying it. I know if I needed it, I would have no problem paying the $600 for it.

Just stopped by Northshore Firearms for some 5.56 ammo. they are limiting 100 rounds per customer but at least they had some. oh and compared to the last pack of federal ammo I got the rounds went up .11 cents each! Mike did mention that they have some Ruger AR-15s on the way any day now but it's a little out of my price range $1900. Not bad but my Stag will have to do for now.

I went to Riley's and Shooters Outpost today, and they were both pretty packed. Riley's still had some .556 and .223 at pre panic pricing, however, one of the guys did tell me that pricing on the next shipment will likely go up as they expect to be gouged by their supplier...just speculation on the part of one employee.

Also, they had no lowers or lower parts left.

Outpost had no .556 or .223 that I could find. Looked like they had plenty of 7.62 though, and a some handgun ammo, but not much. Upstairs was very busy!

-Mike
That 1000 dollar case had like 28 bids on it so It may be a friend of the seller driving the price, if he gets stuck he does a relist and sells it at bargain for 800 bucks.

IDC in clinton had some ARs when i was in there on the 10th. a FS2000, FAL, KRISS, and other hyper-killy shit, too.

Just went there today just before 1, spoke to the guy working. He told me they sold like 15 ARs yesterday alone. Only stuff left was what was on the display racks. The KRISS and other stuff is gone. I was the first one in, picked up a lower because, well why the hell not? Before I left there were two purchases made in 20 minutes. Had a great discussion with a LEO, he was a breath of fresh air, said people have been confronting him at various places with "You're a cop, you must be for gun control" He told me he politely said, piss off (I'm sure he stated it better than I did.

Just went there today just before 1, spoke to the guy working. He told me they sold like 15 ARs yesterday alone. Only stuff left was what was on the display racks. The KRISS and other stuff is gone. I was the first one in, picked up a lower because, well why the hell not? Before I left there were two purchases made in 20 minutes. Had a great discussion with a LEO, he was a breath of fresh air, said people have been confronting him at various places with "You're a cop, you must be for gun control" He told me he politely said, piss off (I'm sure he stated it better than I did.

Any ammo?

I see a huge markup right here in our own Classifieds section. They are worth what somebody will pay for them.

It is full retard out there

I went to Four Seasons today. Figured what the heck. Middle of the day, middle of the week. I'll check it out.Haven't had time to load. Wanted a couple of stocking stuffers and I'm always on the lookout for a good deal. The lot was packed. The lines were out the door. I made my purchase and got the heck out. Decided not to pay the $8/20 for the 5.56. Thinking I can get it at a better price.

Decided to take a stroll up to Riley's, passed Shooter's Outpost on the way. Stopped at Shooter's first. No 5.56 unless I want tracers. Cool! M kid will love that as log as I can find somewhere to shoot them off in the dark. Gun racks were pretty empty. The AR's are gone. They expect 50 in on Friday.

Head to Riley's. It's now about 3pm on a Wednesday. The cars are parked up and down the street. You can't even move in the store.But they have 5.56 for a good price. I usually buy 1000 at a time as I don't reload this and with 3 of us in the house we can go through this pretty quick. And afterall, Christmas vacation is coming up with the boy. I decided to get the 5.56 there. I didn't look at the rifles but the 'back rack' with the little neon sign that says 'Stag Arms" was empty of AR's and only had a few guns on the bottom row.

I saw people leaving the stores with 2-3000 rounds. Cases and cases of the stuff.

I bet this will easily be worse than Obamascare 1, at least during the opening salvos of it.

-Mike

I went looking for AR 15 lowers and can't find a single one anywhere

- - - Updated - - -

I went looking for AR 15 lowers and can't find a single one anywhere

Got a little bonus money for the year and was looking to pick up an AR, I went to FS, North Shore and Collector's Gallery.... all of them were out of control. I was hoping to get an M&P15 Sport, but got laughed at by NS and FS. Also was told that they will not be getting anymore as distributors have nothing and they don't expect any for a long time if they even get them again. (Not sure if this is them trying to upsell me another model I was offered a colt AR for damn near double the price, no thanks, dammit people!)

Gonna suck if Biden somehow gets his act together and another AWB comes down. I think its "possible" but hopefully not probable. :\

There's a ton of stripped lowers at shooters op, had like 30 Friday not sure today but I think people go more for completes in panic buying, I bought 1000 .45 and .223 at Riley's cost 600$ guys delivering the ammo ran out before they even put it all in the store people were taking them from them as they entered the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom