The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you all but while your fighting in lines to buy over priced shit I took 2 of my ar's and put some ammo down range today. Dont fan the flame. Its like the people that clear the shelves of bread and milk when a storm is on the way. They don't even drink milk their just worried it won't be available to them if something happens..just my 2 cents cause I need to replace the ammo I blew off today :)

I was a participant in the panic buying at over in Woburn. Stuff was flying off the shelves. I took a number and waited for 25 minutes just to get to the counter.

I ended up buying a 1911A1 Auto Ordinance [smile]

Wow, just last night Ranier, who carries some of the higher end brands, still had some inventory in stock. All is out of stock tonight.....

I'm really annoyed because a lever gun I ordered just came in to four seasons, and I don't feel like driving up and waiting an hour to get it. feh.

i went into bass pro shop in foxboro and grabbed 223 ammo. Last 2 cases they had. Prices were normal there and no one was really there for the ammo. They were all there doing x mas shopping. Also stopped by Northeast trading post in north attleboro ( NO ARs by the way) i was just going to check out a few hand guns but there was nobody there really.

It seems to me at least (based purely on speculation) that maxing out one's credit cards to buy 5.56 and lowers is a bad idea. I highly doubt a caliber restriction would go into effect (is there even any precedent for a caliber restriction on a large scale in this country?). Furthermore, I assume that IF some type of AWB does go into effect, it will "correct" the "mistakes" that were made in 1994, as well as require that the lower been assembled in an AW configuration before the ban goes into effect.

I foresee 10+ rd mags being on the chopping block. But I look forward to being wrong on that.

I don't know about you all but while your fighting in lines to buy over priced shit I took 2 of my ar's and put some ammo down range today.

Well said. I slopped through the snow and mud at the range to shoot earlier today.

I'm wondering if people are worried about being able to buy ammo and having to produce id and have the sale 'registered' to track problems.

I buy AMMO weekly so I am way ahead of the herd mentality lol, But I will say

shitstorm%20a-brewin%27.png

I really don't understand the freaking out. I understand buying some stuff in anticipation of a ban, but people are going full retard!

Respectfully I think its way more than just the Possible Ban, but everyone can draw their own conclusions.

Unbelievable that I would see another 2008 repeat itself. I stocked up to a certain level so that I would not be affected and it looks like I nailed my timing just right (don't want to rub it in). I had recently started reloading .223 so I grabbed several k of primers, a couple of kegs of H335 and 6k of 55gr hpbt. All that and my range is now closed indefinitely (Barnstable)... Looks like I will have plenty of ammo and not be able to shoot.
Only thing I wish I had would be a couple of lowers....

I don't like fear mongering but there's one reason why I want to get my hands on 556: because with tens of thousands of new AR's being sold, you can bet the ammo supply will be pretty dry unless the ammunition manufactures can produce it by the ship-load.

I had been planning a trip up to Shooters Outpost to just look around and stop at a few other places this weekend.

With the insanity, I think I am going to stay away from all gun shops for a while until some of the stupidity subsides!

I don't really have a "need" for anything right now and no way I"ll pay the ridiculous prices I see people being gouged now.

A buddy of mine has been mulling over buying an AR for the last six months.
He decided he wanted to get a Windham, but still wasn't in any real hurry to do so.
Then the SHTF last week and he got sucked into the panic buying vortex.
He went up to State Line in Mason NH on Monday and left with a Colt M4.
They made it Mass compliant for him by pinning the stock and swapping the flash hider for a muzzle brake.
He said while he was in there, they were flying of the shelf, and were likely sold out by yesterday.

Was in Walmart to pick up my usual ammo (not .223). They still had about 5 Windham Arms and 3 or 4 Sig M400s and had to tell everyone to come back in the morning. Had to be 15 people hoping to get one.

I have to admit, I'm kind of enjoying watching all the people on my video game forum who have been going on about how we need gun control for several days crapping their pants now that the politicians have decided that guns and video games are the reason why psychopaths kill people.

The beauty of divide and conquer is that everybody thinks it great fun until they are the ones in the crosshairs. Er, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom