The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's kinda what happened with obamascare I.

Was just thinking more analytically about it...

Brownell's said they got 3.5 years worth of demand in a single 3 day period. Let's call it 5 days of pain realitically so far with everything sold out.. round down to 4 years as not all days probably weren't equal:

Inventories were tight to begin with, but being optimistic they quadruple their production to get us on track to a one year recovery... breaking even for demand destruction for price and the years worth of new demand.

My conclusion, AT BEST we get back to normal inventory levels in a year... I don't think we ever get back to the price bottom between inflation, new threats, and general market growth.

$600 AR's if the no new legislation makes it through will probably never be worth less than a 900 again, given condition equivalence.

That really sucks. I thought it would be the case which is why I jumped on the lower buy... Figured if I'm gonna pay a premium for my first real AR (my 15-22 doesn't count lol) I might as well build it the way I want. Now the real problem is finding ammo... I don't own any 5.56 or .223... I need to buy some but I probably won't even be able to find any.

just wait until there is another mass shooting. and there will be. my guess is somewhere right around the seating of the new congress/presidential inauguration.

I had no less than 3 non-NES'rs send me the Alex Jones clip of "This is the big one" about the gun grab... people I didn't even know listened to that kind of thing. I think your tinfoiler theory has a lot of merit.

I'm going to keep saying this: So what?

If it scares the crap out of people - it also wakes them up. We REALLY need people to be thinking that their asses are going to be headed off to camps if Obama gets a gun ban thru.

All the people who poo-poo every effort by the left to ban guns have done absolutely nothing to protect gun rights going back as far as the 1930's. It's been nothing but constant infringement again and again and again.

It's well PAST time a line get drawn and people go all out to oppose the gun banners. Unless of course you don't believe that the 2nd amendment was REALLY put there for it's stated purpose?

Think of it this way: if the left pushes a gun ban - and it goes down completely in flames - that is a MASSIVE defeat for them, especially in the face of what they are probably thinking would be an easy win.

I mean really - what do all you people believe that Fast and Furious was REALLY about? Just some screwed up Mexican drug gun sting - or something worse that just didn't go right? If you believe that it was something worse that just didn't go right - then why would you ever believe that they wouldn't try again - with something that has a much greater chance at success?

They just got it. With very fortuitous timing - I must say.

Who gives a crap if there's a massive gun buying spree and everybody is going super-extra double retard.

If you believe the sheep theory of human behavior then it's a plus there too - get the sheep spending their money into the gun industry and buying guns like crazy and believing those FEMA camps are meant for them - it's a plus for us and a minus for the libs.

I don't know why you guys get all pissy about this - it's the best goddam thing to hit gun ownership since the last gun buying spree.

- - - Updated - - -

just wait until there is another mass shooting. and there will be. my guess is somewhere right around the seating of the new congress/presidential inauguration.

That would be a big coincidence - wouldn't it.

Last edited:
Say if you were an Apple fanboy and bought Apple stock at $36.00 a share,would you sell it to a fellow fanboy at your purchase price ?

Or would you sell it for the going rate ?

It's called Capitalism.

You have to figure half of these people panic buying voted for Obama figuring their lord and savior wouldn't ban anything,same thing happened in 2008.

I will admit I haven't had the chance to read every thread in this YET but I will say I am pretty pissed to see fellow NES trying to take advantage of their "brothers" in the classified sections. Not calling anyone out specifically but one really comes to mind. I know inter NES bad talk is frowned upon and I apologize for that but I just can't hold my tongue. We have enough anti's trying to screw us. That we don't need to screw each other. I understand supply and demand but this is by definition "full Retard. O.k I will get off my soapbox. Have a good night and stick together

Last edited:
WOW a FULL Rack of AR's

As many others are, I decided it was time to buy my AR. I went to A&J's In Housatonic, MA, cool shop with allot of guns. They completely renovated the shop from the last time I was there, really nice. One of my buddies just bought an AR there and told me they had a huge supply. They have limited hours so I emailed them ([email protected]) and they met me there at 9 PM, they met my buddy on a Sunday after he got out of work at 6. They have limited hours but seem to be willing to meet people there just about any time. Needless to say I am the PROUD new owner of an Armalite AR15, and I am really thinking about going back for an AR10. These guys easily had 70 AR's on the shelf and more coming out of the back room to refill the shelf. For a cozy little shop, it seems their resources are better than some of the big shops.. Check it out you'll be surprised, I have been there three times now and every time I go in there, I say WOW again... [smile]

The Occupy Wall Street guys are getting involved - it's all over now.

attachment.php
And I will use it on you.

Say if you were an Apple fanboy and bought Apple stock at $36.00 a share,would you sell it to a fellow fanboy at your purchase price ?

Or would you sell it for the going rate ?

It's called Capitalism.

^^^^ this.

it is supply and demand, not price gouging. Price gouging does not work, price to high? Do not buy, this puts downward pressure on prices as demand becomes suppressed. If you can afford the " gouging" prices now, you could have afforded the normal prices before but chose not to. Who's fault is that? I sure wish I had bought more, might be interested in selling some of it right now if I had..........

I understand it's capitalism, however, I think this is bad for firearms owners as a group. Look at effectively what it does. It pisses people off, they turn on each other. Those with deep pockets don't care, the drive prices up, and in effect start limiting who can obtain stuff. Manufacturers are starting to raise their prices with dollar signs in their eyes. This is what the government has wanted all along. Make it so expensive it lessens the amount of people with access. They've wanted to do this through taxation and now they don't need to. I just think in the long run its bad news for firearms owners. Do I think there should be something done to stop it? No. This is just what I see happening and the damage it's doing to us as a group.

- sent from forum runner using chisel and slate

This may have been mentioned already, but I was at a Christmas party last night and my wife pulls me aside for a second. She says, "What the **** is going on? This **** is ******up!"( She's classy, I know). I asked what she's talking about. She asks if I checked my personal email today. I say no. So she says that at ~1:00 she got an email from MFS saying they had some AR's in stock. And then less than an hour later she got another one saying they were all sold out.

I said, yeah, that is the picture everywhere. She tells me I should have bought more last time I was in the shop. God has blessed me.

I see what you are saying..But...

Look at all these posts in here..Unless I missed something, there is only ONE person in this thread who never had an AR and is wanting to buy one.Everyone else has multiples and plenty of stuff and is just buying due to herd mentality.I'm sure if everyone wanted to hook this one guy up with enough stuff at cost to build his first AR it would happen.

FWIW when I sell stuff during panic buying I sell to my friends at MY cost,if they really need it.Otherwise I sell at going rate to furnish my other wants.

I understand it's capitalism, however, I think this is bad for firearms owners as a group. Look at effectively what it does. It pisses people off, they turn on each other. Those with deep pockets don't care, the drive prices up, and in effect start limiting who can obtain stuff. Manufacturers are starting to raise their prices with dollar signs in their eyes. This is what the government has wanted all along. Make it so expensive it lessens the amount of people with access. They've wanted to do this through taxation and now they don't need to. I just think in the long run its bad news for firearms owners. Do I think there should be something done to stop it? No. This is just what I see happening and the damage it's doing to us as a group.

I see what you are saying..But...

Look at all these posts in here..Unless I missed something, there is only ONE person in this thread who never had an AR and is wanting to buy one.Everyone else has multiples and plenty of stuff and is just buying due to herd mentality.I'm sure if everyone wanted to hook this one guy up with enough stuff at cost to build his first AR it would happen.

FWIW when I sell stuff during panic buying I sell to my friends at MY cost,if they really need it.Otherwise I sell at going rate to furnish my other wants.

I guess the most alarming thing to me right. Now is the price of ammo. The other parts, minus lowers and mags should there be a ban, will return to normal, but I have this erie feeling in my gut ammo is going to hover around $800 a thousand. That's what scares me the most. Let's face it for a lot of people that would make shooting too cost prohibitive.

No doubt Hk..I stopped sending a lot of rounds downrange in 2008,it was too expensive to replace the ammo.

Well I guess it'll be time for cpher to start a group buy on reloading stuff.

Every time I see the word " Tin Foil " I say to myself, yup here is another person who cannot think for him or Herself. The Brainwashing Article was spot on. How can anything ever be question for its invalidity if we have folks running around claiming " Tin Foil ". Was it " Tin Foil " when we all Spoke of Obamacare Law passing in this Country? I recall indeed it was. Free you're mind, its about the only " FREE " thing you have left.

Oops ( Free minds ) " TIN FOIL " Shame of it all is, when the " Tin Foil " rolls out and then said question is validated as ( Real ) no one ever chimes back in and says " Wow he /she was right. Funny how that happens.

I did my rounds yesterday. Went to Hoffmans and picked up 500 rds of 762 brown bear $159 and 500 rds 223 steel case $169 and while I was there I noticed a used AR $1400 on the counter with a customer and the salesman his boss walked by and asked whats going on the saleman said this guy is trying to decide and he doesn't buy it the guy to my left is.

Went to the army navy store across the street next to BGM to get some gifts for the kids the lot was full everyone was in there car waiting for them to open after I got my gifts I walked in to the nut house with inflated prices.

Next was Newington Gun Exchange while I was filling out my paperwork on my MK2 the guy next to me was buying a used Stag with no mags, he told me he thought he would never buy an AR and then asked where he can get some mags I said goodluck The man was in his 60's.

Its tough to say if you have a conscience. Fair to me is making a few bucks and selling it for $100. If its a lower made by a company who has raised their prices in the past few months, ask a few $ more than what they are and what a transfer fee would cost you.

Do you feel the same about the stocks and investments you make? "I bought this gold at $500 an ounce, it would be unfair to sell it at $1600"

Do you feel the same about the stocks and investments you make? "I bought this gold at $500 an ounce, it would be unfair to sell it at $1600"

Can't compare this to stocks/investment where the sole purpose is maximizing profit.

At the end of the day, you can do whatever you want; there's a guy selling an upper for 800 & a lower for 350 right here; if someone buys them, then they both deserve each other. All that's being said here is that: you buy a lower for $100, would you sell it to a friend for $350? Probably not. Some of us on here consider ourselves slightly better than complete strangers and don't appreciate the gouging and preying on the ignorant.

I think it's different mainly because gold buying or investments are not a "culture" or a constitutional right. Like I said previously we are pricing a lot of fellow Americans right out of the market and ruining their ability to be armed and protected. We heard the government wanting to do this very same thing through taxation. Don't get me wrong im not saying ban it or stand around and sing cumbaya but it just seems like as a community if you will, that we are shooting ourselves in the feet.

I guess the most alarming thing to me right. Now is the price of ammo. The other parts, minus lowers and mags should there be a ban, will return to normal, but I have this erie feeling in my gut ammo is going to hover around $800 a thousand. That's what scares me the most. Let's face it for a lot of people that would make shooting too cost prohibitive.

Well I guess it'll be time for cpher to start a group buy on reloading stuff.

There's an opportunity here to invest in companies that manufacture reloading equipment. Never let a good panic go to waste! [smile]

As ammo prices continue to rise, reloading will become more and more attractive. Components have a shelf life of decades. If you cast your own bullets, your ammo costs will decline even more dramatically. With a decent inventory of components you won't have to worry about the price/availability of ammo.

When the next run on ammo happens you can sit it out...at your reloading bench.

There's an opportunity here to invest in companies that manufacture reloading equipment. Never let a good panic go to waste! [smile]

As ammo prices continue to rise, reloading will become more and more attractive. Components have a shelf life of decades. If you cast your own bullets, your ammo costs will decline even more dramatically. With a decent inventory of components you won't have to worry about the price/availability of ammo.

When the next run on ammo happens you can sit it out...at your reloading bench.

I honestly think they will try to ban purchasing components without an ammo license and without purchasing it from a dealer. I think they'll go after reloaders.

I think it's different mainly because gold buying or investments are not a "culture" or a constitutional right. Like I said previously we are pricing a lot of fellow Americans right out of the market and ruining their ability to be armed and protected. We heard the government wanting to do this very same thing through taxation. Don't get me wrong im not saying ban it or stand around and sing cumbaya but it just seems like as a community if you will, that we are shooting ourselves in the feet.

And if you do the "right" thing and sell your ammo or AR to someone at a below market price how do you know they won't turn around and sell it and reap the profits?

My Mom picked my Dad and I up 2K of federal 5.56 55 gr. at the Powderhorn yesterday AM. it was $389 per 1K. My buddy went in around 10 AM and Mark had put a 500 round limit per person per day @ $219 per, not that bad considering. for those of you that have no ammo, good luck, If i see some Ill post it here.

I honestly think they will try to ban purchasing components without an ammo license and without purchasing it from a dealer. I think they'll go after reloaders.

I doubt it. That being said , I really need to invest in some reloading equipment. It's like a slot machine, except I'd win every pull on the crank [rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom