The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Occupy Wall Street guys are getting involved - it's all over now.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1110AR-buyer-protests-high prices.jpg
    1110AR-buyer-protests-high prices.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 368
Time to get with the program people:

Free Market = Capitalism
Price Controls = Statism

Finally, there is no such thing as price gouging, it is purely statist nomenclature meant to incite people into believing that the state knows which price a good should be allowed to sell at.

Stop feeding the beast and stop crying like little babies--grow a pair!

So where's governors Cuomo and Christie? Didn't they get their panties in a twist when people were selling gasoline after Hurricane Sandy for $20/gal? Claims of gouging? Long lines? Rationing?

Where's there plan for this run on guns, ammo and parts?

Just curious...

Guys, it's called "capitalism" (on old, out-of-date notion whereby private property is exchanged with mutual consent and benefit without the interference of others). If a guy wants $5000 for a stag and some other guy wants to pay him why should I care one way or the other? If somebody wants to offer an item for a some price I don't want to pay, why should I be upset about it? So we have some items in the classifieds for more than you might have seen a week or two ago. How does that offer to sell hurt anyone? And if someone pays that price, aren't they obviously better off (or are we now going to make judgments on behalf of others)?

It's a never-ending task around here trying to make the simple point that freedom is a good thing. Having options is always better than the alternative. That is why a private offer to sell at any price improves the quality of the market. At worst nobody buys. At best, a trade is made to the satisfaction of both parties. What we have now is a market that is not clearing. Obviously there are people who want to buy guns and the like, but supply is not meeting the demand. It might if the day ladies would shut-up about "gouging" and prices that are "too high".

And for the third or fourth time, everybody here who is absolutely convinced that prices are "too high" should be selling their guns, mags and ammo. After all, what else could a "too high" price mean if not that you think the money is worth more than the goods?

To be clear, I have no idea whether it makes sense to buy gun related stuff at today's prices, and that's my point. Nobody else here knows either -- on the off chance they do, they should put their money (or goods) where their mouth is.

Agreed. Doesn't bother me any. Shit there's someone trying to sell a $40 polymer lower for $200 right now. I would never buy it, I still gotta laugh though when people do lol

I wonder, with regards to the ammo prices, do you think that the manufacturers will see the idiots buying ammo for three times the worth on Gunbroker, and subsequently raise their prices to those rates to capitalize on the profits, rather than allow the consumer to do so? And if so do you guys think the prices will stay there? My only fear is that the market will get askew because of this and stay there with regards to ammo costs. Considering the history of gun owners just accepting how things are, it wouldn't shock me if gun owners just accepted that the new prices of ammo become, the new norm.

I tried to order from my normal supplier, and they are out of every type of 223 they carry. I wouldnt be surprised if they price according to market demand.

I don't know if I could live with myself if I paid that much for a pmag.

Even if a ban is implemented, and there's no guarantee of even that happening, the price is going to increase. In free states, pre-12/14 the prices were between $13 and $15. I see them going back to something between $20 and $25. Just need a few months to let the market settle. Anybody buying an AR-15 magazine for anything greater than $30 is probably not making a sound financial decision.

But it's their money.

could sell 2 pmags and pay for all 20 ive bought in the last month.... but then i'd only have 18 pmags instead of 20.

I see the run on buttstocks has yet to start up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magpul-CTR-...670&pid=100010&prg=1076&rk=2&sd=190773488460&

- - - Updated - - -

could sell 2 pmags and pay for all 20 ive bought in the last month.... but then i'd only have 18 pmags instead of 20.

Should have bought a few more cases when I thought of it. Oh well.

Called almost every major shop in MA north and west of Route 24 for a Hi-Point 995 carbine. After hours of laughter I found 2 in Ware, MA. Thanks to Mike at Ware Gun Shop for the quick email responses and courteous phone service while it sounded like chaos in the background. Going to pick up the new baby tomorrow!

Great choice too.

Looks like fully-assembled AR-15s, LRs, mags and ammo prices are shooting up. Other AR-15 parts and handguns haven't seen too much in the way of price changes. Yet.

Yeah I have the CTR on my M&P 15, it's sturdy as hell. No fearmongering, but do you think handguns will go up as well? I need to get my hands on a PPS 9mm sometime soon...

Yeah I have the CTR on my M&P 15, it's sturdy as hell. No fearmongering, but do you think handguns will go up as well? I need to get my hands on a PPS 9mm sometime soon...

Probably not until something more convincing about a high cap ban comes out... not even AK mags and such have been impacted yet. My FFL just processed my SR9 order today... $360, in stock from the mfg. Also had no problems getting 4 extra mags under msrp.

If any of you free Hampshire folks are looking for an AR my buddy picked up one at the sig pro shop in Exeter, they got a shipment today

Probably not until something more convincing about a high cap ban comes out... not even AK mags and such have been impacted yet. My FFL just processed my SR9 order today... $360, in stock from the mfg. Also had no problems getting 4 extra mags under msrp.

Nice deal! Cheaper than FS. I'm not too worried about the next handguns on my list, the XDs and PPS. Both have 8rd max so this should be good for me. I seriously can't believe these prices, I remember Mike saying this won't be as bad as the Obamascare but I doubt he knew this shit was coming.

Nice deal! Cheaper than FS. I'm not too worried about the next handguns on my list, the XDs and PPS. Both have 8rd max so this should be good for me. I seriously can't believe these prices, I remember Mike saying this won't be as bad as the Obamascare but I doubt he knew this shit was coming.

It makes sense that its worse than obamascare... obamascare was about the potential for if a AWB was on the table it wouldn't get vetoed... now we all but have one on the table.

The black swan event is definitely Sandy Hook. All bets are off if there's another terrorist attack though in the coming days and weeks. That might lead to even more draconian measures.

It makes sense that its worse than obamascare... obamascare was about the potential for if a AWB was on the table it wouldn't get vetoed... now we all but have one on the table.

Doesn't matter whether one hits the table or not- the pure fear factor created by the medias alarmist reporting and constant ball-washing and turd polishing of anti gunners has now made the situation far worse than Obamascare anything. Obamascare was mostly only tinfoiler email forward knitting circle shit, this problem is like DOUBLE full retard tinfoiler knitting circle and all over the MSM networks, etc... the alarmism is far deeper.

-Mike

Doesn't matter whether one hits the table or not- the pure fear factor created by the medias alarmist reporting and constant ball-washing and turd polishing of anti gunners has now made the situation far worse than Obamascare anything. Obamascare was mostly only tinfoiler email forward knitting circle shit, this problem is like DOUBLE full retard tinfoiler knitting circle and all over the MSM networks, etc... the alarmism is far deeper.

-Mike

I had no less than 3 non-NES'rs send me the Alex Jones clip of "This is the big one" about the gun grab... people I didn't even know listened to that kind of thing. I think your tinfoiler theory has a lot of merit.

If no AWB/Ammo restriction comes down, what's your best estimate on price normalization? 6months? A year?

God help us if one does come through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom