The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lame, the Common Man is delicious too. People talk shit but who knows the way they'll back any kind of ban if one were to be instated. I am in dire need of both 223 + booze so I feel your pain. But the state liquor stores are always awesome and cheap as hell. You can check inventory on their website if you have a smartphone, good luck.

1.75 l of Hendricks, now that's high capacity :)

Merry Xmas to me. Just add ice.

IMAG1158_resized.jpg

That's a bargain compared to auction sites.
I have absolutely no need for 30-rd mags, but I was thinking of buying them as an investment if things continue the way they are going.
These are brand-new Thermolds. Unfortunately I couldn't sell them on here to our friends down in MA because they all are marked "GOVT LE ONLY".

Here are gunbroker auctions completed in the last 48 hours. This is .223/5.56 ammo only. These are completed auctions where a buyer and seller had a meeting of the mind (or pocketbook as the case may be).

If you look at the bid count, you generally can see those with 1 bid were "Buy it Now". Others have many, many bids to nose bleed price levels.

Yes, it is nuts out there. Ammo as an asset has skyrocketed in price.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/Comple...1&MaxPrice=99999&Sort=9&Cats=1012&PageSize=75

Last edited:
I have absolutely no need for 30-rd mags, but I was thinking of buying them as an investment if things continue the way they are going.
These are brand-new Thermolds. Unfortunately I couldn't sell them on here to our friends down in MA because they all are marked "GOVT LE ONLY".

good laughs to be had here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=pmag&_sop=1

I think mags are going to be easy to get soon enough... based on some posts here there cheap and quick to produce. I considered selling a few of mine, I got a 10 pack of thermolds myself I got about a month ago for $60. Selling just one would pay for the other 9.

Went to Cabelas today, the only bulk ammo left was 9mm. They also had a 10 box limit on any ammo. Glad I stocked up over the last eight years, people were crazy in there.

Go on ebay and search ".223 magazine"

You will crap your pants. One auction was at $85 for a single GI mag.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I had planned on getting a WASR10 the week after xmas before all this crap went down. Probably S-O-L, now I get to wait in line and spend it on whatever's left in the case that goes bang. [laugh]

In large part, most of the craziness has been squared on the AR-15 rifles, AR-15 mags and .223/5.56 ammo. Some spill over to the AK-47 and SKS but not nearly as brutal.

A post from Brownells...

I made an order with them once I heard the AR-15 talk coming out of CT. I got an order notification about a day later and said they'd give a ship notice once it actually gets a tracking number. I just got my tracking number yesterday.

Just checked E-Bay. Magpul's $14 mag .....is bid price of $60..buy it now of $70????

Go on ebay and search ".223 magazine"

You will crap your pants. One auction was at $85 for a single GI mag.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

This was soooo yesterdayyy. Get with the times man. In other news, ammo isn't jumping as high as it was. The going rate for XM193 seems to be $900-1100 a case. Just typing that makes me want to run to my AR, give it a hug, and whisper everything will be okay. [laugh]

In large part, most of the craziness has been squared on the AR-15 rifles, AR-15 mags and .223/5.56 ammo. Some spill over to the AK-47 and SKS but not nearly as brutal.

Its flooded into the AK world. Mags, parts kits, receivers, and even receiver blanks are going left and right.

As a test I'm tempted to put my 1,000 round case of steel Tula 5.56 in the classifieds and see how quickly I get offers. My Bushmaster won't eject it, but other guns seem to eat it up fine.

As a test I'm tempted to put my 1,000 round case of steel Tula 5.56 in the classifieds and see how quickly I get offers. My Bushmaster won't eject it, but other guns seem to eat it up fine.

Steel cased ammo are going for a pretty penny.

I'm thinking about cashing some in myself.

saw a completed gunbroker auction, case of wolf went for over 800

saw a completed gunbroker auction, case of wolf went for over 800

Anybody that studies markets also knows a little tidbit: Whenever prices spike up at an exponential clip, like they are now, will have a commensurate drop shortly thereafter. Might not totally get back to the mean, but it's going to re-approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom