• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NES Family

[kiss]This is very true. I cant begin to tell you how thrilled I am when my stepson in Iraq says "hey, got another 5 boxes from your gun club". He also says his guys think everyone here rocks!
I have only met a handful of people, and to have complete strangers do that when some of his own family wouldnt...well, that really speaks volumes about the people here.
Thank you Derek and crew[grin]

I know it's been said before but this forum has to be the best one out there. Sure, we all have our differences but when it comes down to it, we're all family.

Last night I posted a WTB for some dies or dummy rounds. I had one offer to sell me dies, one to borrow a set and multiple offers to make up the rounds for me. I ended up buying the set offered for sale (now I have to set up my reloading stuff[wink]).
I was surprised by all the responses.

Thank you everyone!

DHS plant...

;-)

The family crest

9d16_1.jpg

I do, and as karma would have it, there is a super fantastic best cat killer thing in the news right now and i can't talk about it! or even send a link!

oh the pain!!!!!!

Saw this and am not quite sure how to take your statement. Cat killer...a joke?

In the past 33 years, have had only two cats. They each lived that long.

The first I mention, a male, used to go jogging with me in a field that I regularly got exercise in. It was also a shooting range. He would stay with me as I jogged around the field and waited in my vehicle as I practiced after the jog. He also accompanied me to many 2700's. At home, he would climb onto my chest just to be close. He did not ignore my wife, and was open to her. Its just that he "bonded" with me.

The second, a female, recently passed away after 17 years. This feline went with us on trips in the Northeast, and if not, gave a hearty welcome when we got back. She always had plenty of food/water, but missed the "togetherness" when we were away. As a kitten, she used to jump on my lap and get on the desk....and proceed to cuddle with the computer mouse. [grin]

No need to go into more detail....I just have to wonder at your (seeming) joy about the cat killer. Cannot understand it, and if I misinterpret, am sorry...only going by what I saw.

The first I mention, a male, used to go jogging with me in a field that I regularly got exercise in. It was also a shooting range. He would stay with me as I jogged around the field and waited in my vehicle as I practiced after the jog. He also accompanied me to many 2700's. At home, he would climb onto my chest just to be close. He did not ignore my wife, and was open to her. Its just that he "bonded" with me.

The second, a female, recently passed away after 17 years. This feline went with us on trips in the Northeast, and if not, gave a hearty welcome when we got back. She always had plenty of food/water, but missed the "togetherness" when we were away. As a kitten, she used to jump on my lap and get on the desk....and proceed to cuddle with the computer mouse. [grin]

No need to go into more detail....I just have to wonder at your (seeming) joy about the cat killer. Cannot understand it, and if I misinterpret, am sorry...only going by what I saw.

sorry, not allowed to comment. [frown]

i combed the internet and could not find ANY site more informative and organized for the layman as far as the gun laws of various states etc. as this one. when i first started getting interested in guns, etc. believe me i searched far and wide because i knew nothing (and still don't know much since this is an interest that really began in earnest in january). i am new here but i have a lot of respect for this site and derek. he should be proud of what he has done here. i dont agree with everything i read here but truthfully i don't want to. that would be boring. and as another member stated, i believe in our right to keep and bear arms. we might not agree on anything else (we prob wouldn't i am an odd mix of conservative and liberal) but in a way i dont think we have to. great site and thanks guys.

NES = Good People (for the most part, border patrol needs to work on keeping the Nashmacks out though:)

but its those CRAZY re loaders who like to buy sell trade:)

Hey I resemble that Remark!!! (as a reloader (read just made 30rnds of .45) and a member of the Border Patrol!!! [smile]

As all have said yea this is THE place to be!

I know what you mean. I too have a cat that has bonded with me. Runs to me when I get home, sits on my lap or next to me, follows me around the house like a puppy, almost sits on my arm while using the mouse,(likes to chase the pointer around the screen too) sleeps at my feet.
She is only a year old.

While I can see how some hate cats because there are some truly evil cats out there, just like some dogs, but to lump them all together is just wrong.

Last edited:
Perhaps your internal "standards" do not equate with what is being said. All I can say is, Get Over It. Any comments should be on point, should include your base ideas , and a statement as to same.

To All.....Take a good, close look at this person. The "snake oil salesman" has not gone away. Look, think, reason
Ray, I'm not sure what you mean by all of this, but my post was nothing more than a poke at how sappy we can all be sometimes. How do I feel
about the whole NES experience? Ask around.

I love this forum, it is truly an online home for me. I've met some wonderful and generous people who let me play with their just AWESOME toys. The humor I find on here has me laughing hard. Blitz1's "motivational" posters and postings make me laugh the hardest.

The Mods are also great, for the very few times I've had to email them, they were very helpful and quick to respond.

I can't wait for the next NES shoot to make some noise, and if it is in the Free State, I can bring my toys [smile]

He's under self imposed exile from commenting on hating cats and any stories of their demise.

John - Mother's proud of you - 12 days to go.

[grin]

I'm also not only following the letter of the law, but the spirit of the law too, which is why I have not commented in the "Dog dies in house fire" thread! [grin]

As another shout out to NES, I love the fact that the mods are so great and on top of things. Even though I've shut down a few threads myself by saying things I shouldn't, I appreciate how the mods throw water on the fires here just at the right time! Other forums I've been on, people end up wanting to kill each other because the flames go unchecked!

thanks mods! you rock!

I love this forum, it is truly an online home for me. I've met some wonderful and generous people who let me play with their just AWESOME toys. The humor I find on here has me laughing hard. Blitz1's "motivational" posters and postings make me laugh the hardest.

The Mods are also great, for the very few times I've had to email them, they were very helpful and quick to respond.

I can't wait for the next NES shoot to make some noise, and if it is in the Free State, I can bring my toys [smile]

Hmmm Free State....I'm workin on it [wink]

Back
Top Bottom