• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Grace Curley Show: 2A Tuesday with Toby Leary

Hey all! I'll be filling in for Grace on Friday so feel free to call in and give me $#!% lol
Good show today Toby. I like you in the longer format. 2A Tuesday doesn’t give you enough time to take a lot of questions because your answers are so long and thorough, which is a good thing. I also like how you double check your answers and correct yourself in real time if you’re unsure or make a mistake. 👍👍

Good show today Toby. I like you in the longer format. 2A Tuesday doesn’t give you enough time to take a lot of questions because your answers are so long and thorough, which is a good thing. I also like how you double check your answers and correct yourself in real time if you’re unsure or make a mistake. 👍👍
Well thank man!

Guns And Politics – 11.22.21 – Hour 1

Toby Leary fills in for Grace to take your gun questions and thoughts on the Rittenhouse verdict.

The actual feature starts immediately after the intro at 0m44s,
in case the above link doesn't point you at the right timecode.
But why not enjoy Grace's show intro?

Topics include:
  • Toby:
    • Filling in during Grace's wedding/honeymoon.
    • 1st Maker's Match And Education Day at Cape Gun Works.
    • Ghost Guns in general.
  • Poll of the Day: After the Waukesha traffic attack, what will Biden go after first?
    • 71%: The police
    • 24%: AR-15's <= Toby's choice
    • 6%: Ghost guns
  • Caller John:
    • If I get gifted a gun, which if it was registered was registered before 1980, do I have to register it?
    • The Rittenhouse verdict went perfect, and since I've been shooting my whole life, I'm afraid it will give people a sense of false confidence about using a gun in self-defense.
  • Caller Mike: If Kyle shouldn't have been there in Kenosha, shouldn't the illegal aliens not be in sanctuary cities?
  • Toby: Lots more on Kyle, including...
    • @Scrivener name drop.
    • "Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes" catchphrase.
  • Caller YoutUber "Riding Shotgun" Charlie:
  • Toby: Audio clip of Al Sharpton freaking out that now it's OK to mow down protesters and claim self-defense.

Keep Responsible Firearms Owners Free – 11.22.21 – Hour 2

Toby this hour talks about education and responsibility when it comes to gun ownership.

The actual feature starts immediately after the intro at 0m43s,

Topics include:
  • Toby: Plug for "RapidFire with Toby Leary" weekend radio show/podcast.
  • Caller Jon Green of GOAL:
    • What GOAL is up to these days.
    • Texter from 781: Can I sell the partially assembled AR built from a stripped upper/lower billet set that I bought before Marsha's edict?
    • GOAL had spent big bucks getting FOIA disclosures from Marshabarger's office about the true reasons behind Mass handgun regulation, and the Firearms Policy Coalition has the documents for use in their gun lawsuit against Tall Deval and Marsha.
  • Poll of the Day: After the Waukesha traffic attack, what will Biden go after first?
    • 45%: The police
    • 45%: AR-15's <= Toby's choice
    • 10%: Ghost guns
  • Toby:
  • Caller Janet: Glad it worked out for Kyle.
  • Caller Gerry: How do I travel with my gun to Cape Gun Works for range practice?

Last edited:

Are Ghost Guns Scary? – 11.22.21 – Hour 3

Toby this hour talks about the common misconceptions people and especially politicians have about building your own guns.

Topics include:
  • Caller 2A3DPrint owner Matt Holmes: Gun Makers Match
  • Caller Vinnie: When I carry my fotay with non-large cap mags under LEOSA from NH to Florida every year, is there another round I can use in NJ and Mass - where JHP boolits are illegal?
    • 37%: The police
    • 49%: AR-15's <= Toby's choice
    • 14%: Ghost guns
  • Jarred: Darrell Brooks is in custody in Waukesha, and has been charged with five counts of intentional homicide.
    • Hardest hit: CNN's "He was just fleeing a knife fight" narrative.
  • Toby: Elite American film producer Tariq Nasheed tweet: "Suspected white supremacist murderer Kyle Rittenhouse was allegedly being groomed to become a killer cop".
  • Caller Joe: Can Kyle sue the media for slander?
  • Caller Carl: Was it assault when Kenosha prosecutor swept the courtroom with Kyle's AR?
  • Caller Peter: Even regular people as stupid and crazy as Donks nowadays.
  • Toby: Howie Carr on the Carr Crossover
    • Wicked cold front in Florida - will be below 60°F tomorrow morning.
    • Trying not to let aspiring rapper Darrell Brooks destroy my faith in the integrity of the American hip-hop movement.
    • MSM in a rush to correct all the arrant nonsense they published about Kyle.

2A Tuesday W/ Toby Leary – 11.30.21 – Hour 3

Toby Leary from Cape Gun Works joins Grace to answer your gun and gun right questions.

Topics include:
  • Toby: Congrats on your wedding; you broke a lot of hearts.
  • Grace: Regarding Chris Cilizza's shocker CNN article "Support for gun control just hit its lowest point in almost a decade": why do you think this shift happened now?
  • Caller Rich: Since my new Taurus G3C doesn't play well with Hornady Critical Defense, is there something I can use besides ball?
  • Texter from 617: Since I'm old and getting weak, would a Sig 765 work for me because of an easy trigger and slide pull and also ease of concealment?
  • Caller Jay: Since people in Hingham are having their houses broken in to, what up with that "retreat rule" out there?
  • Caller Matt: Since I live in Southern New Hampshire, is Alexander Arms .17 HMR good for protecting my chickens?
  • Texter from 978: What's a good everyday IWB holster for Sig 365?
  • Poll of the Day: Do you think Chris Cuomo will be fired?
    • 30%: Yes <= Grace's choice
    • 70%: No
  • Caller Lenny: Since I just got my permit, what handguns should I first try holding in my smaller-than-usual hands?
  • Caller Joe: <Tapioca noises>; ETA: They never did get back to him (don't know if he hung up).
  • Caller Mark: What up with the Ruger SP101 .357?
  • Caller Nancy: What do you recommend for a 70-yo woman who wants to protect the innocents as well as herself, without a lot of body strength?
  • Caller Bill: If you're on your porch and there's a demonstration going on of crazy people and someone's screaming at you and running at you with a flaming Molotov cocktail, gonna throw that at your house, and you're armed, what single-malt do you recommend with a Cohiba is there anything you can do legally?
  • Caller Jim: Since I was turned down for a gun a couple of years ago, and I have not received a packet in the mail explaining to me why from the state that I'm in, and I've gone up to the state offices and talked to the person in charge of that particular office, and she says they agree they haven't sent it out and they apologize, but they won't allow me to pick it up there, who do I go to above them?
  • Grace:

Last edited:
I listen to this segment often. Toby seems like a good guy, but I do have one gripe regarding callers questioning driving through states such as from MA to FL. FOPA. No, you cannot check into a hotel, or other stopping in states that you aren’t licensed or able to possess firearms. Frustrating to hear this misinformation.

I listen to this segment often. Toby seems like a good guy, but I do have one gripe regarding callers questioning driving through states such as from MA to FL. FOPA. No, you cannot check into a hotel, or other stopping in states that you aren’t licensed or able to possess firearms. Frustrating to hear this misinformation.
It occurred to me overnight that Toby might actually be
conveying @Scrivener's beliefs on the matter.

And if he isn't, maybe he ought to check with Counselor Langner.

Last edited:
It is important to differentiate established fact (as evidenced by court precedent; statements from officials sufficient to establish an entrapment by estoppel defense; etc.); personal opinion; and even untested but prevailing opinion.

It is important to differentiate established fact (as evidenced by court precedent; statements from officials sufficient to establish an entrapment by estoppel defense; etc.); personal opinion; and even untested but prevailing opinion.
I've started wondering about our Expert Mass Gun Lawyers
having little file folders in their brain
of potential strategies for defending against scenarios that
no client has yet presented them with.

It's not like it would be prudent to brag in here about untried strategies,
lest some prosecutor starts pre-planning countermeasures.

I'm sure it's all dark and empty in there and there are little mice in the corners.
But if only we knew what they were really thinking, it would be interesting.

2A Tuesdays With Toby Leary Covers Alec Baldwin, Traveling With Firearms And More – 12.07.21 – Hour 3

Grace is joined by Toby Leary from Cape Gun Works to answer all your gun questions.

The actual feature starts immediately after the intro at 0m41s,

Topics include:
  • Grace: I cannot believe it's already two o'clock, but here we are. And as always on Tuesday, it's time for 2A Tuesdays with Toby Leary; he is our Gun Expert. Unlike Dr. Fauci though, he doesn't try and tell you what to do - he just offers some advice and suggestions, and that means you can call about anything. You can call in about guns, about the law, about ammo - whatever your question is, Toby will have the answer. 844-500-4242. And if he doesn't have the answer, he'll get a lot of heat for it later on in the "blogs", which is always, you know, a fun time for us. Now Toby Leary, thank you so much for joining the Grace Curley Show.
  • Toby: No problem, thanks for having me Grace. And if I don't have the answer, I'll be sure to Make Something Up.
  • Grace: That's always a good plan, make it up on the fly.
  • Grace: What's your reaction to last week's news from Alec Baldwin that, according to him, he did not pull the trigger?
  • Caller Frank: In 1980 my father left a High Standard revolver to my uncle to give to me when I got older before he died when I was 5. My uncle has since moved to North Carolina and I have a Mass LTC. How do I get my gun back?
  • Caller Ray: Since I'm a Vietnam-era veteran, can I get me an M14?
  • Texter: What up with the zinc frame for the new 9-round/.22LR Diamondback Sidekick?
  • Caller Ted: Do the parents' have criminal liability for the Michigan school shooting?
  • Caller Ken: I have a number of firearms, and when I drop the trigger housing on the Interarms PPK/S that I haven't used in a long time, she's not coming out. Who should I call?
  • Poll of the Day: What intimidation tactic do you think Biden used with Putin?
    • 15%: Cut it out! <= Grace's choice
    • 0%(?): I'll turn this car around!
    • 0%(?): Red line in the sand.
    • 85%(?): Come on, man!
    • 0%(?): I'm gonna count to three!
  • Texter from 617: If I get me some Florida and Utah non-res CC licenses, can I drive from Mass to Florida?
  • Caller Baxter:
    • The sheriff from Santa Fe says that Baldwin's revolver was a Traditions 1973 Long Colt made by Pietta, so it should have a transfer bar.
    • If you pull the trigger on a Ruger revolver with a pencil seated in the barrel, the pencil will bounce out about an inch because tranfer bar. If you re-seat the pencil, cock the hammer again, and tap the trigger with a plastic mallet, the hammer will fall, but the pencil won't move, because transfer bar.
  • Caller John:
    • In a pinch could you shoot 5.56 out of my Ruger Ranch Rifle chambered in .223?
    • Where can I buy good quality Ruger wood stocks to replace the Planet of the Apes Bad Nightmare furniture on my Ranch Rifle?
  • Caller Billy Mac: I just bought a Ruger Mini-M14 with the mini little plastic 5-round clip, chambered in .223 and 5.56. Can I get me some pre-ban 15/30-round bananas?
  • Caller Jay:
    • On the Mini-14:
      • Don't waste your money buying the .223 model - buy the 5.56 and you can do whatever what you want with it.
      • Stick with the Ruger factory magazines - they're the only ones that work.
    • If a family member who's had a bunch of guns for 60 years passes away and the wife just says "hey, come take them", you stick 'em in the safe, and somebody finds you with them - what happens?
  • Grace: Where can people listen to your show?
  • Howie: The deep state got some more bad polling numbers on Omicron.

2A Tuesday With Toby Leary – 12.14.21 – Hour 3

Toby Leary from Cape Gun Works joins Grace this hour to answer all your gun questions.

The actual feature starts immediately after the intro at 0m36s,
But why not enjoy highly caffeinated Grace's show intro?

Topics include:
  • Grace:
    • Things are looking good:
      • Five cups of coffee.
      • Andrew Cuomo's losing $5.1M.
      • Found a box of Cheez-Its in the break room.
        FGm_fDGXEAUCzlH
    • Alec Baldwin's been in the news lately.
  • Caller Robert:
    • Because I retired from Federal law enforcement a year ago, I never worried about my gun permit; but it says "high capacity" on it - what up with that?
    • Given the situation my situation is in, can I get me some AR platform rifle?
  • Caller Bill: I took the necessary live-fire training, but my LTC was denied because my certificate doesn't have the required code - what up with that?
  • Caller Michael: My brand new Colt Python shines like Grace's wedding ring, so can I carry it with the hammer down on a live chamber?
  • Poll of the Day: Which forgotten presidential "front runner" is the biggest snub on CNN's list?
    • 28%: Michael Avenatti
    • 35%: Hillary Clinton
    • 8%: Eric Swalwell
    • 10%: Beto O'Rourke <= Grace's choice
    • 19%: Andrew Cuomo
  • Caller Chris: How do you like my Kahr P9 carry gun?
  • Texter: What's the best way to sell off a bunch of post-ban AR-15's?
  • Caller Lee: Are metal reactionary targets for rifles maintenance-free?
  • Caller Neil: Can I get me a silencer?
  • Caller Pete: How can I drive from Maine to the rest of the country?
  • Caller Bill: Can I own an M-1 Carbine in Mass?
  • Caller Paul: What can I do with the .45 caliber air pistol someone gave me 20-30 years ago?
  • Caller Patrick: What happened with the Alec Baldwin thing?
  • Caller John: Can I get me some .38 Spl. ammo?
  • Grace: Howie Cross-Over
    • It's A Small World: Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo's husband "Big Guy Raimondo" is top executive at tech firm PathAI funded by Chinese government.
    • After much speculation, Nancy Pelosi reveals her 2022 plans.

Will Toby be addressing the FOPA issue? @Cape Gun Works
There's a FOPA issue?
Oh, @Sauer Grapes's plaint.

From my personal perspective, if he didn't do his homework(*)
it's more important that Toby check with his "life line" (Keith Langner, et. al.)
in his copious free time and publish a reasoned consensus,
than that he try and wing it at the last minute.

ETA:
(*) Shrug. It'd be one thing if it was identified as controversial on the show -
then Toby might have made a note to circle back.
But I couldn't blame him if it took a while for mere "blog roastage"
to cause him to research it any particular issue.

See above
(Just figured that out).

Last edited:

2A Tuesday With Toby Leary – 12.14.21 – Hour 3

Toby Leary from Cape Gun Works joins Grace this hour to answer all your gun questions.

The actual feature starts immediately after the intro at 0m36s,
But why not enjoy highly caffeinated Grace's show intro?

Topics include:
  • Grace:
    • Things are looking good:
      • Five cups of coffee.
      • Andrew Cuomo's losing $5.1M.
      • Found a box of Cheez-Its in the break room.
        FGm_fDGXEAUCzlH
    • Alec Baldwin's been in the news lately.
  • Caller Robert:
    • Because I retired from Federal law enforcement a year ago, I never worried about my gun permit; but it says "high capacity" on it - what up with that?
    • Given the situation my situation is in, can I get me some AR platform rifle?
  • Caller Bill: I took the necessary live-fire training, but my LTC was denied because my certificate doesn't have the required code - what up with that?
  • Caller Michael: My brand new Colt Python shines like Grace's wedding ring, so can I carry it with the hammer down on a live chamber?
  • Poll of the Day: Which forgotten presidential "front runner" is the biggest snub on CNN's list?
    • 28%: Michael Avenatti
    • 35%: Hillary Clinton
    • 8%: Eric Swalwell
    • 10%: Beto O'Rourke <= Grace's choice
    • 19%: Andrew Cuomo
  • Caller Chris: How do you like my Kahr P9 carry gun?
  • Texter: What's the best way to sell off a bunch of post-ban AR-15's?
  • Caller Lee: Are metal reactionary targets for rifles maintenance-free?
  • Caller Neil: Can I get me a silencer?
  • Caller Pete: How can I drive from Maine to the rest of the country?
  • Caller Bill: Can I own an M-1 Carbine in Mass?
  • Caller Paul: What can I do with the .45 caliber air pistol someone gave me 20-30 years ago?
  • Caller Patrick: What happened with the Alec Baldwin thing?
  • Caller John: Can I get me some .38 Spl. ammo?
  • Grace: Howie Cross-Over
    • It's A Small World: Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo's husband "Big Guy Raimondo" is top executive at tech firm PathAI funded by Chinese government.
    • After much speculation, Nancy Pelosi reveals her 2022 plans.
Nice work man!

Back
Top Bottom