The Grace Curley Show: 2A Tuesday with Toby Leary

@Cape Gun Works. Toby. Good spot today. I texted the extended mag question. Although, I already knew the answer, I figured you would appreciate a somewhat more advanced question, other than, "which gun should I buy?" [laugh] It must get tedious.

@Cape Gun Works. Toby. Good spot today. I texted the extended mag question. Although, I already knew the answer, I figured you would appreciate a somewhat more advanced question, other than, "which gun should I buy?" [laugh] It must get tedious.
That is what I figured!!! LOL I second-guessed myself for a second there lol.

2A Tuesday On A Wednesday: James Bond, Car Safes And Ammo Shortage – 10.13.21 – Hour 3

Grace and Toby Leary, from Cape Gun Works, talk to the listeners about all of their firearms questions and comments. One listener isn’t sure the proper way to safely store his firearm in his car. Grace is noticing something hypocritical about Hollywood–how shocking!

The actual feature starts at 6m08s,
in case the above link doesn't point you at the right timecode.

But stream it from the beginning if you want to hear Grace:
  1. Struggle with the eternal question of whether Toby is a gun czar, a gun expert, or a gun guru.
  2. Touch on the news that Walgreens is closing five more pharmacies in San Francisco, because shoplifting.
  3. Ponder whether it will even be necessary to Defund the Police if a critical mass of them quit over vaccine mandates.
Topics include:
  • Do items #2 and #3 above relate to peoples' desire to defend themselves?
  • Were any of the guns used in this past weekend's Chicago shootings purchased legally?
  • What gun has ever been arrested, tried, and convicted of a crime?
  • What's the latest word on the ammo shortage?
  • Where can I put my IWB CCW when I get into my truck?
  • Isn't it scary to constantly be worried that your CCW could take off part of your butt cheek any minute?
  • Poll of the Day: Rolling Stones vs. Beatles?
  • What self-defense gun is good for both tall and short people?
  • Does adding +3 extended mag base to a standard capacity pre-ban Glock magazine constitute constructing a new illegal large-cap magazine?
  • What's a good upgrade in the $1500 range for steel challenge?
  • Do you have any PK380's in stock to try or buy, and how is the .380 ammo situation?
  • How do I get the guns my Mass brother gave me down to Florida?
  • Can I store my CCW in a locked lockbox in a locked locker at the gym?
  • Don't Hollywood gun-grabbers love glorifying guns in movies?
  • Ever notice how actors don't hold guns right in movies?

2A Tuesday With Toby Leary – 10.19.21 – Hour 3

Full phone lines for Toby Leary from Cape Gun Works in Hyannis. Don't miss this hour as Toby answers questions about rifles, ammo and carrying spare magazines.

The actual feature starts at 4m19s,

Topics include:
  • Have you seen the bad story with a happy ending about a Pennsylvania mall shooting being thwarted by a legally-armed bystander?
  • Ever notice that these stories get less play than others?
  • What's the best round to use for self-defense in my new Ruger Security-9?
  • Since I moved to NH last year, can I still carry in Mass on my MA LTC?
  • Poll of the Day: If you were a Democrat running for office, whose endorsement would you want?
    • 23%: Joe Biden*,
    • 11%: Kamala Harris, or
    • 66%: Nancy Pelosi
  • Should I tell the next town's police department that I pretty much moved all my guns'n'ammo'n'reloading equipment to a storage unit there because I'm going through a divorce and haven't really gotten an apartment yet?
  • Is there a limit to how much ammo I can stockpile?
  • Is the story about the WWII crossing guard down on the Cape true?
  • I don't own any guns but I support the Second Amendment because in England the infant boy Alfie Evans was the daughter of two parents, and he couldn't travel to Italy to get experimental operations because the head of the Medical Thing in England said "you can't go there".
  • I'm a retired LEO applying for LEOSA credentials. How do I transport a gun across state lines?
  • How do I transport a suppressor under LEOSA?
  • The Blog Guy in 781 asks when do you carry spare mags, and where do you carry them?
  • I have a NH resident P&RL. How do I carry my gun in Massachusetts?
  • I have a NH resident P&RL. How come my application to buy a long gun was denied?
  • What 5.56 gun do you recommend that is legal in Mass?
  • Is the Sig MCX legal in Mass?
  • Can I carry in Boston on my unrestricted non-res Mass LTC?
  • How about them upcoming Supreme Court decisions?

2A Tuesday is being moved to later this week.
Me, I'm wondering what fraction of the eventual hour
will be consumed with Baldwin stuff,
and what fraction will answer the eternal listener question
"I carry on the constitution in NH;
can I just leave my .380 tucked above my sun visor
while I'm parked at the post office in Massachusetts,
or do I have to bring it in with me?".

Last edited:
I don't think that anyone (who matters anyways) would mind you taking some time off. You need it and your family probably needs you more than we need the post.
Thank you. I appreciate that. My father’s passing made me stronger. I can multitask.

Last edited:
2A Tuesday is being moved to later this week.
Toby might (might) have been up to his eyeballs in alligators
with the power failures.

Thank you. I appreciate that. My father’s passing made me stronger. I can multitask.
Ongoing condolences.

Just remember, "can" doesn't mean "should".
But if something is a form of relaxation, don't deny yourself.

2A Tuesday With Toby Leary – 11.02.21 Hour 3

Toby talks to the listeners about a huge Supreme Court case that is unfolding this week. Other topics include pepper spray vs. tasers, traveling with a firearm internationally and more.

The actual feature starts immediately after the intro at 0m39s,

Topics include:
  • How about that Trump's Supreme Court Trio Holds Key in N.Y. Concealed-Guns case?
  • Are 9mm AR's legal in Mass?
  • Is it safe to fire a 5.56mm in a .223Rem chamber?
  • Do you get any accuracy if you fire a .223Rem out of a 5.56mm chamber?
  • If Toby doesn't know the answer to a question, can I go on the gun blogs and roast him?
  • Is A.G. Merrick Garland on the same timeline to provide Senate info on the basis for that school board memo, as the people investigating the mounted Border Patrol agents who whipped Haitian migrants?
  • What are the practices and protocols for traveling with my gun, both foreign (i.e., to Spain) and domestically?
  • My Massachusetts 1974 felony conviction for Breaking and Entering at Night was sealed, and now that I've retired to Florida from the Coast Guard and County Government, what do I do to get the right to carry in Florida?
  • How can I get shells for my Dad's 1960's Police Positive 38?
  • What's the clarification on the Supreme Court ruling on making my restricted Boston license unrestricted?
  • How can I be sure that some guy online in Mass is actually selling me pre-ban magazines?
  • If your criminal charges were dismissed, can you still buy a gun in Mass?
  • Can I bring back to Mass the guns I bought legally at my second home in Maine?
  • Can I just put my Maine guns in my gun safe in Mass, or do I have to go online?
  • Do I have a chance of getting a gun permit since my 30 year old charges at age 19 for Assault and Battery on a Police Officer with a Deadly Weapon in Boston were dismissed?
  • Since I have a Mass LTC-A/LrgCap, can I get me a Taser?
  • As an older person, I hear Tasers sometimes don't go off, so would it be more consistent to get me some pepper spray?

Last edited:

2A Tuesday With Toby Leary – 11.09.21 – Hour 3

A woman wants the best weapon for jogging and the gun bloggers are coming after Toby again. Don’t miss this hour. Plus Adam Schiff gets grilled on the View of all places.

The actual feature starts immediately after the intro at 0m35s,

Topics include:
  • What's up with Washington Examiner: Opinion: The Supreme Court has a chance to stop blue-state suppression of Second Amendment rights by Brad Polumbo?
  • What's up with Hollywood calling for gun control on movie sets?
  • Since I'm a 59-yo, 102 pound woman, what gun is light enough for me to carry while jogging?
  • What's up with Morgan Ortegas asking Adam Schiff on the View if he feels any culpability for promoting false allegations against the President?
  • Should I get me a combat-sized Rock Island 1911 for concealed carry even though it has a hammer?
  • How come my wife's .380 M&P E-Z Shield and Taylor's 9mm M&P Not E-Z Shield sometimes go click but don't hit the primer?
  • Poll of the Day: Who's the biggest COP26 hypocrite?
    • ??%: Jeff Bezos,
    • 34%: Barack Obama,
    • 50%: John Kerry,
    • ??%: AO-C, or
    • ??% : Joe Biden?
  • Should I have an FID, an LTC, or both?
  • Does Toby know the Blog Guys are listening intently?
  • Can I order a 9mm AR lower receiver and have it legally shipped to my FFL?
  • What is Toby's favorite gun he's ever owned?
  • Y you no tell the caller and Taylor to keep their finger off the trigger when their Shield just goes clik?
  • How did your home-made gun show go?
  • Where can people hear your radio show Rapid Fire?
  • Where is Cape Gun Works located?
  • Will you let the Gun Bloggers be mean to you?
  • Are there a lot of fudds out there on the Intarwebs who make fun of talk radio stars' target shooting form?

Down Range – Toby Leary – 11.12.21 – Hour 4

Toby Leary takes over this hour to take your gun questions and talk about the your rights as a gun owner.

The actual feature starts immediately after the intro at 1m26s,
But why not enjoy Howie's show intro?

Topics include:
  • Did you find NYS Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen to be interesting?
  • If Kyle Rittenhouse was a White Supremacist, what up with him he only shooting White people?
  • What does @Scrivener think of Kyle's mission success?
  • Why did Kyle pick up an AR-15 in particular?
  • Why didn't Kyle get a handgun?
  • Do you have to wait until a guy hits you in the head with a skateboard twice before you shoot him?
  • How come Johnny O from Ware's brother-in-law shoots so well with his new Cape Gun Works P365?
  • Poll of the Day: Would you ever vote for a Republican Congressman who voted for the Infrastructure Bill?
    • 92%: no
    • 8%: yes
  • All other things being equal, will a .308 have a higher muzzle velocity from a bolt-action than a semi-auto?
    • Will Toby know from reading the blogs how badly he screwed this up?
  • Should I shoot the 40 old rounds of 8mm I found kicking around the house, or should I have this guy I know reload them for me?
  • Can I get me some of those Kenosha Exploding Hollow-Points at Cape Gun Works?
  • Does the AR-15 have those heat-seeking bullets?
  • Can I shoot my 14 round bullet clips of .40 Glock S&W at at Cape Gun Works?
  • Do they have ammo in Pennsylvania?
  • Did I hear your lingo right on 2A Tuesdays With Grace that Massachusetts is now a Shall Issue state?
  • What do they say in Brookline, Mass when you say "I want a gun for personal protection"?
  • Am I still John from Yarmouth?
  • What's your opinion with the hollow point Hydra-Shok?
  • Can I get me a sleeve derringer?
  • Ed is a liberal who like totally believes in the 2nd Amendment, and thinks Kyle is innocent of murder - so how come nobody talks about how it's illegal for any minor to transport any gun across any state line?
  • Since there's plenty of room under the RKBA tent for everybody - even Liberal Gun Owners - shouldn't they continue to hold typically left-leaning politicians' feet to the fire who don't embrace the 2nd Amendment?
  • Have you seen the new Mossberg handguns?

This "question" format (of mine) is becoming a straitjacket.
I'm concluding that I'm gonna have to kick it up a notch,
and start attributing each bullet item to Toby, Grace, or the caller.

Because God forbid someone here thinks that
Toby said what a caller actually said.

Last edited:
262044420_324176972856354_5908983543347536557_n-1024x741.jpg

Back
Top Bottom