The AR-15 is More Than Just a Gun

definitely takes the same tone as any NPR "reporting" I've ever heard on gun control, gun owners, or the firearms industry....

Every single one of those know-it-all... smarter than everybody so i'm gonna inject my Liberal ass opinion into every story i cover asshats takes on the same freaking tone when they report on this topic....and then have nerve to insult our intelligence by claiming to report the news without bias....give me a break! haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

" And that's what the military wanted out of this gun — the ability to kill even without good aim, a weapon with high-capacity ammunition magazines that could spray bullets within close to medium range."

Now I may have never been in the military, but I'm pretty sure not aiming and spraying booolits isn't preached.

Who knew; according to this article, the AR owes it's popularity to the TV show Miami Vice.

Crockett and Tubbs made the AR what it is today.

Idiot conclusions like this clearly indicate how much of this article is "True", and how much is made up crap.

You could make a drinking game and do a shot every time they say "military-style guns".

edit: just counted, they said it 10 times. 10 shots by the time you finished that article you'd be feeling fairly toasty

Last edited:
" And that's what the military wanted out of this gun — the ability to kill even without good aim, a weapon with high-capacity ammunition magazines that could spray bullets within close to medium range."

Now I may have never been in the military, but I'm pretty sure not aiming and spraying booolits isn't preached.

I would say it's not high capacity enough when you can empty the mag in like 2 seconds on full auto

Who knew; according to this article, the AR owes it's popularity to the TV show Miami Vice.

Idiot conclusions like this clearly indicate how much of this article is "True", and how much is made up crap.

LOL if Miami Vice was such a big influence on gun culture, why aren t we all shooting Bren Tens?

Loved my Army training. I am now proficient at spraying bullets (accurate, aimed fire) and dumping high capacity (standard capacity), clips (magazines) into everyone and everything (enemy combatants).

My AR15 doesnt have a selection for " Spray " , and my stupid sights just point to little tiny exact spots. ... Maybe they confused AR15s with FA Saigas with barrels cut down to 8 inches ?

if it's any consulation most people only read half of an online article, which the first half was pretty good:

Collins says when he modifies his AR-15, it's like a guy souping up his car.

"This is the man's Barbie doll — you know, the Mr. Potato Head of firearms," Collins says, "because you can interchange so many different things to make it customized to you, to be able to make it comfortable when you shoot."

but then in the very next paragraph I stopped reading after this sentence [rolleyes]

But this Mr. Potato Head is deadly. The AR-15 was the gun used by Adam Lanza when he opened fire in Newtown, Conn., last December.

Obviously you don't watch the liveleak Syria videos. Spray, pray and snackbar is a tried and true jihad tactic taught by allah himself.

It is if you're shooting an AK... you can't hit the broad side of a barn with standard AK sights and aimed semi-auto fire. Add full auto and it becomes spray and praise Allah for keeping the infidels' heads down. [pot]

I would say it's not high capacity enough when you can empty the mag in like 2 seconds on full auto

That's why god invented the Beta Mag and Surefire 100rd Mag. [smile]

Last edited:
Prominent themes in the article:
Military Style
AR's aren't for self/home defense
Military Style
People just want ARs to have fun at the range
Military Style
Less people owning guns because less people are hunting
Military Style
ARs are only good for plinking - and warfare
Military Style

There's a whole class of gun-control discussions which all have the unspoken assumption that a single bullet is like a nuclear bomb, killing everything in the room. So how could you need more than one ever? And when the police empty 200 rounds into someone, like they did into 'speed-bump' in Waltham, it's considered some sort of a special police training or something. There's no possibility that the guy kept coming, or that the police kept missing over and over, or shooting each other by accident.

Yeah there was no discussion that a lightweight carbine with low recoil a removable magazine with reasonable capacity is very good for self-defense. And that you might just hit someone and they keep coming, or, unlike hollywood, the good guy might actually miss a few times.

You could make a drinking game and do a shot every time they say "military-style guns".

edit: just counted, they said it 10 times. 10 shots by the time you finished that article you'd be feeling fairly toasty

In Massachusetts, they are limited to 10 uses of that phrase in any one news magazine.
In other states they can have 33 or even 100.

There was no way they could admit the obvious: the 1994 assault weapons ban made the AR-15 market we have today. Before the ban, plenty of ARs were out there, but once government told everyone in America they couldn't be had the demand skyrocketed. Post-ban versions sold like crazy, but that was just the beginning. When the ban died in 2004 (in most of America) all hell broke loose. ARs, mags, and ammunition sold in unprecedented numbers. Four years later, Obama came into office and poured gas on an already roaring fire. The AR market (and that of related items) has been going like crazy ever since.

Given that this rifle see significant usage by the military, sees significant usage by law enforcement, and is widely used and owned in large numbers by civilians, how can you not conclude the AR-15 and its variants is today's "musket"? It's absolutely ridiculous to think our founding fathers would ever be okay with the government trying to ban whatever firearm was most commonly used in it's era.

Back
Top Bottom