• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

That’s what friends are for

A few weeks ago there was a post here about a buy-one-get-one free on ammo cans from Cabela's. I emailed a friend, a fellow shooter but as luck would have it he was a bit late and didn’t get the free ones.

This past weekend he came over here for a visit and I showed him my toys I just purchased. My new Ruger 10/22 Target model and a Walther PP (C&R purchase). We enjoyed some coffee as he examined my new toys and asking numerous questions about them. He asked if the Walther is a .380 caliber and I said it’s a .32 (7.65mm). He mentioned he can’t find any .380 ammo anywhere. Hmm, I said hold on a sec. I went to the bunker and pulled out 2 boxes of .380, and put them in one of my ammo cans that I got and handed it to him. Here I said, an early birthday gift. I felt bad that he missed the deal at Cabela’s. Mikey he said, I can’t accept all this, it’s over $60.00 worth of items. Just take it, I said. That’s what friends are for. [grin]

Wish I had friends like you... Threw a BBQ over @ my house this past Friday just coz I felt so good abt the weather. Had like 16 ppl over and the night cost me abt $300. Two offered some cash.

Wish I had friends like you... Threw a BBQ over @ my house this past Fri just coz I felt good about the weather. Had 16 ppl over, cost me abt $300. 2 ppl offered some cash.

I have no problem with someone being proud to do a good thing. But It is just funny how you started a thread on an internet forum to give props to yourself.

"Hey guys, look how good a person I am....."

I mean really, there is nothing wrong with it. I just think it is silly. Probably because you see these threads all the time and they always end with someone else doing a good deed and they're giving them credit for it publicly. But nope, this one was actually just you giving yourself credit. And you even included the price. Classy.

Maybe you'll make threads when you do shitty things too. And we can tally them up to see if you're going to get into heaven or not.

Wish I had friends like you... Threw a BBQ over @ my house this past Fri just coz I felt good about the weather. Had 16 ppl over, cost me abt $300. 2 ppl offered some cash.

Sounds like a lot pf people I know.....the not helping out with the cost part. Just kind of pisses you off doesn't it.

Sounds like a lot pf people I know.....the not helping out with the cost part. Just kind of pisses you off doesn't it.

It's a bit weird, I'm not the kind of guy that is a stickler over money, and when I threw the BBQ I fully knew I prolly will be paying for all of it. I just thought of that when saw the OP's post. Oh well, we had a great time but my fiancee reminded me that we can't afford to have one of those too often this summer... lol

+1 to you and your friend.

Remember old movies where people down on their luck were too proud to take charity? They would act insulted. "I don't need your money. I can stand on my own 2 feet." Your freind has some of that in him. I like that.

It's a bit weird, I'm not the kind of guy that is a stickler over money, and when I threw the BBQ I fully knew I prolly will be paying for all of it. I just thought of that when saw the OP's post. Oh well, we had a great time but my fiancee reminded me that we can't afford to have one of those too often this summer... lol

I've thought of doing something similiar the past few summers. I was going to have some music, get a keg, some burgers, chicken, steak, and snacks then throw a nice summer cookout. But once I looked at what I would spend I decided my g/f and I could just go on a nice weekend getaway......... o well.

Back
Top Bottom