• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Terrorist Attack in Paris

Oh and hey look, a lot of world leaders showing solidarity with France. Guess who's not there http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/11/world-leaders-in-paris-whos-who
51c8963e-d3a0-4ba4-a96f-9d0ea75d7eff-460x204.jpeg
There were more than 50 world leaders there http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ericans-wonder-why-obama-skipped-paris-march/

Best response from the comment section:

normbal
- Jan. 11, 2015 at 12:30pm

Because he’s used up all his vacation time this year?

Because he’s a sociopath?

Because so many of the muslim terrorists in Paris would want his autograph?

Because Valerie Jarrett wouldn’t let him go?

Despite all the ribbing the French take here and elsewhere, their press has shown consistent integrity and bravery. Compare that with the cowards at Sony or the lapdogs at the New York Times who covered up the NSA leaks.
Seriously, very impressed with them at this point.

One thing you can see going on though, the open boarders immigrant appeasers are out in full force. Every show and every article on the violence that day is qualifying their condemnation of the Muzzies. No one will entertain the idea that maybe they let to damn many of the buggers in.

Still can't believe they have up 750 neighborhoods to thugs. Should just go in neighborhood by neighborhood and takem back. If you leave to go train somewhere you lose your passport and ain't coming home.

Still can't believe they have up 750 neighborhoods to thugs. Should just go in neighborhood by neighborhood and takem back. If you leave to go train somewhere you lose your passport and ain't coming home.
They said they were going to revoke citizenship but the UN said they can't do it. Heard this the other day on one of the shows.

Simple solution it to let them leave France and deny reentry to on the basis of treason.

And screw the UN. What are they going to do? Steal some more money? Have a country, with a horrible human rights record or pandemic corruption, chairing a board draft a sternly worded letter? Send some 'peacekeepers' to sit around watching genocide, surrender to the first guy with a gun they encounter to serve as human shields, or go on a child rape spree? The UN and "international law" is the biggest paper tiger pile of bullshit ever conceived by mankind.

Last edited:
Simple solution it to let them leave France and deny reentry to on the basis of treason.

And screw the UN. What are they going to do? Steal some more money? Have a country, with a horrible human rights record or pandemic corruption, chairing a board draft a sternly worded letter? Send some 'peacekeepers' to sit around watching genocide, surrender to the first guy with a gun they encounter to serve as human shields, or go on a child rape spree? The UN and "international law" is the biggest paper tiger pile of bullshit ever conceived by mankind.

I think the "League of Nations" still holds the title of "biggest paper tiger." At least the UN went to war (Korea, Iraq I as well?), and while Korea wasn't exactly a victory, it was far more than the LoN ever did.

I like the idea of more armed journalists and eventually a more pro-gun press: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/journalists-grapple-with-fear-and-doubts-about-firearms-after-paris-attack/article/2558486

Some pretty good quotes in the article:

Newsroom security is a big worry among journalists in the wake of the Islamic terrorist attack that killed 10 Charlie Hebdo journalists in Paris Tuesday, but it's not a new issue in this country.

Many of the respondents expressed doubt that allowing journalists to carry concealed handguns would provide any protection against trained assailants armed with AK-47 assault rifles, as were the Paris attackers.

Dan Armstrong, a New York-based researcher for Forbes and the Economist, disagreed, saying "yes, a handgun is no match for a Kalashnikov, but it's probably better than being unarmed, especially if the handgun is concealed from the person wielding the Kalashnikov. A confrontation could go either way, and I imagine most of us will pick the outcome that matches our pre-existing point of view."

For Darrell Todd, owner of the Pulaski County, Ark., Daily News, the bottom line is a constitutional one: "Those of us who value the First Amendment need to remember that the Second Amendment is also in the Constitution. If a reporter wants to own a weapon, it's his or her own business, and nobody else's."

They said they were going to revoke citizenship but the UN said they can't do it. Heard this the other day on one of the shows.

I'm going to be really impressed if France is the first western nation to tell the UN to **** off.

That's great - this part cracked me up:

On its Facebook page, the leftist group Dresden Nazifrei (Dresden free of Nazis) called upon its supporters to protest against the anti-Muslim demonstrators. The Dresden Nazifrei organizers wrote: "It is your decision to decide whether there will only be protests in hearing range and sight distance or whether we will try to do more."

I think they're a little bit mis-informed on that one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relations_between_Nazi_Germany_and_the_Arab_world

Among eastern religions, Hitler described religious leaders such as "Confucius, Buddha, and Mohammed" as providers of "spiritual sustenance".[citation needed] In speeches, Hitler made apparently warm references towards Muslim culture such as: "The peoples of Islam will always be closer to us than, for example, France".[1]

A famous anecdote about Adolf Hitler's perspectives towards Islam and the Arabs is recounted by Albert Speer in his best-selling memoir, Inside the Third Reich. Speer reports that "Hitler had been much impressed by a scrap of history he had learned from a delegation of distinguished Arabs."[2] The delegation had speculated that the world would have become "Mohammedan" if the Berbers and Arabs had won the Battle of Tours in the 8th Century AD, and that the Germans would have become heirs to "a religion that believed in spreading the faith by the sword and in subjugating all nations to that faith. Such a creed was perfectly suited to the German temperament."[3] Speer then presents Hitler's own speculations on this subject:

Hitler said that the conquering Arabs, because of their racial inferiority, would in the long run have been unable to contend with the harsher climate of the country. They could not have kept down the more vigorous natives, so that ultimately not Arabs but Islamized Germans could have stood at the head of this Mohammedan Empire.[4]

This exchange occurred when Hitler received Saudi Arabian ruler Ibn Saud’s special envoy, Khalid al-Hud al-Gargani.[5] Earlier in this meeting Hitler noted that one of the three reasons why Germany had warm sympathies for the Arabs was:

… because we were jointly fighting the Jews. This led him to discuss Palestine and conditions there, and he then stated that he himself would not rest until the last Jew had left Germany. Kalid al Hud observed that the Prophet Mohammed … had acted the same way. He had driven the Jews out of Arabia ….[6]

I like the idea of more armed journalists and eventually a more pro-gun press: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/journalists-grapple-with-fear-and-doubts-about-firearms-after-paris-attack/article/2558486

It's "interesting" how reality finally circles back around to show clearly exactly why the Bill of Rights was there in the first place.

This is a historical opportunity to have a "teaching moment" to a bunch of ignorant people on how the first and second amendment are inextricably linked together.

Play the word game, it so suits you. If you look at states and countries, they use the word sovereign to describe their self ruling status.

I'm just saying - words have actual meanings - in this case :

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=sovereign

sov·er·eign
ˈsäv(ə)rən/
noun
noun: sovereign; plural noun: sovereigns

a supreme ruler, especially a monarch.
synonyms: ruler, monarch, crowned head, head of state, potentate, suzerain, overlord, dynast, leader; More
king, queen, emperor, empress, prince, princess, czar, royal duke, regent, mogul, emir, sheikh, sultan, maharaja, raja
"the daughter of their beloved sovereign"
a former British gold coin worth one pound sterling, now only minted for commemorative purposes.

adjective
adjective: sovereign

possessing supreme or ultimate power.
"in modern democracies the people's will is in theory sovereign"
synonyms: supreme, absolute, unlimited, unrestricted, boundless, ultimate, total, unconditional, full; More

Of course states and countries and kings and dictators call themselves sovereign. They want you to believe they really have that power.

There's plenty of historical examples of kings going thru the gallows and dictators hanging by their heels that prove that reality is otherwise.

Sorry for the distraction - but I've gotten pretty sick of the games that the powers that be play with words.

Many of the respondents expressed doubt that allowing journalists to carry concealed handguns would provide any protection against trained assailants armed with AK-47 assault rifles, as were the Paris attackers.

what they fail to realize is that 11 handguns against 1 Highly Trained assassin with an AK will probably return better results than 11 dead journalists. 1 on 1, yes, maybe no chance, but I don't think that would be the way it would go down.

what they fail to realize is that 11 handguns against 1 Highly Trained assassin with an AK will probably return better results than 11 dead journalists. 1 on 1, yes, maybe no chance, but I don't think that would be the way it would go down.

Most humans tend to be a little less ballsy when lead is flying in two directions.
I'll take a pistol over nothing.

CNN's Christiane Amanpour Calls Charlie Hebdo Terrorists 'Activists'

Last edited by a moderator:

"Highly trained assassin?" I doubt any of those three morons were highly trained.

Back
Top Bottom