Tavor: who has one or opinion

John Lovell of Warrior Poet Society dropped a good overview of the X95 pros and cons a few days ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Sk5EANUWE

IWI has been sending out Tavor x95's to people to get them to post content about them. They provided one to James Yeager too. I think everyone know's the Tavor is a solid option, they are just too damn expensive for what they are.

Looks like IWI gave one to Edwin Sarkasseon or whatever his name is. They are trying real hard to make them more visible on the youtubes.

Went to the range today with my Tavor x95. 1k + rounds through it with no cleaning. Loaded 200 rounds of wolf steel 55gr and was shooting sub 1 inch groups off sand bags semi rapid fire using a mepro21 site at 50 yards. And I totally suck as a shooter. The ergonomics work for me as I am not a big guy. No failures and have used expensive and cheap ass ammo and all sorts of mags.
I bought an X95 recently and I put an ACOG on it, but only because it was sitting in my safe. I'm looking Mepro optics and was wondering what the 21 was like. Big issue with the ACOG is I have to crane my head and neck to see through it, as its about 1.5" too low! I don't suppose you like to hook up and let me take a look through your 21?

Just got one and I really like it. Is that a Mepro Tru Dot on your? I temporary put an ACOG on mine, but was looking at Mepro. Are you b any chance a member at HSC? Be great to get a look through your sight. Thanks

I've had good luck with both a Trijicon MRO Patrol and Eotech EXPS, both designed for lower 1/3 cowitness. Others have added a riser to their optic or an entire aftermarket rail to make it AR-15 height.

PXL_20201017_234158401.jpg
Here's mine. Just got it and I really like it. Like others have said the X95 is not light but all the weight is at the back so you can really swing them fast. Trigger is a tag long, but Yu don't notice it. The ACOG on mine is from an old AR build but I'm thinking of getting something from Mepro. The ACOG is nice, but sits way too low...or at least way too low for me. If anyone who posted here work be kind enough to let me check out their Mepro optics that would be greatly appreciated.

Had one. Sold it. Just didn’t feel right. Built a dozen AR’s instead.

Just got one and I really like it. Is that a Mepro Tru Dot on your? I temporary put an ACOG on mine, but was looking at Mepro. Are you b any chance a member at HSC? Be great to get a look through your sight. Thanks
I have a Mepro 21 on my Tavor X95 with a Mepro MX3 magnifier. The combination works well, but with my old eyes I had trouble seeing the reticle ( I have the triangle) when I was shooting from under a covered rest out to a target in the bright sunlight. This is a known issue with the M21, when the rifle is in dimmer light then the target. Chris Roenker makes a really nice little attachment he calls the Reticule Enhancement Module 21 (REM 21). It’s a small LED light that fits right on the M 21 and solves this problem. You can leave it off most of the time and only turn it on when your sight picture washes out because of your target lighting being much brighter than what the sight is under. You can get it at his website M1BullPup | Peace Through Strength .

Here is what it looks like on mine:
Tavor.jpg

The REM 21 is the round dial on the M 21 with the coin slot in it. Unfortunately I’m in central MA and not anywhere near HSC. But I also have an ACOG (on my MCX) and the M 21 is easier for me to use than the ACOG, since it is really just a red dot. Again, an ACOG is designed for young eyes and can be challenging for us oldies. Oh, and two thumbs up on the Geissele trigger pack, almost makes it as good as an AR.

I have a Mepro 21 on my Tavor X95 with a
he REM 21......

Okay, update on this one....and a little humor... really a poke at myself.

Through a very scientific and labor intensive testing I believe I found a mount that will work.https://www.admmfg.com/ad-b3-c-cantilever-acog-base-2
This research is based on hours of work which involves the entire staff at Safe space.com, one carpenter pencil cut in half and three green (because green tips are better and more killie) elastic bands, one Android phone to record the evidence and one volunteer to assume the ready position. By adding .594" of spacers I get the centerline of the ACOG up to 2.18". The above link to and over priced piece of aluminum will raise the ACOG 2.1". I'm going to call that close enough!

The images are as follows: no spaces, one pencil, 2 pencil and elastic band fun with really expensive toys! The shot with the two guns is your and mine. According to what I read the M21 is 42mm from rail to center and the ACOG is 40.5. So unless I can get a riser for the M21 or the RDS Pro for that matter I might be sticking with the ACOG and above mentioned (link) riser.

Attachments

• PXL_20201103_142141637.jpg
    PXL_20201103_142141637.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20201103_143533859.jpg
    PXL_20201103_143533859.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 49
  • PXL_20201103_143715666.jpg
    PXL_20201103_143715666.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20201103_143807713.jpg
    PXL_20201103_143807713.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Mepro M21 - ACOG TA11.jpg
    Mepro M21 - ACOG TA11.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 50

Through a very scientific and labor intensive testing I believe I found a mount that will work.https://www.admmfg.com/ad-b3-c-cantilever-acog-base-2
This research is based on hours of work which involves the entire staff at Safe space.com, one carpenter pencil cut in half and three green (because green tips are better and more killie) elastic bands, one Android phone to record the evidence and one volunteer to assume the ready position. By adding .594" of spacers I get the centerline of the ACOG up to 2.18". The above link to and over priced piece of aluminum will raise the ACOG 2.1". I'm going to call that close enough!

The images are as follows: no spaces, one pencil, 2 pencil and elastic band fun with really expensive toys!

Bro, you AK’d your Tavor! IDF gonna kick in your door.

The images are as follows: no spaces, one pencil, 2 pencil and elastic band fun with really expensive toys! The shot with the two guns is your and mine. According to what I read the M21 is 42mm from rail to center and the ACOG is 40.5. So unless I can get a riser for the M21 or the RDS Pro for that matter I might be sticking with the ACOG and above mentioned (link) riser.
Is replacing the rail with one from Gearhead or Manticore not an option?

Good solution for the ACOG. I will say that, since the M21 is really just a red dot, even with the magnifier it’s not as sensitive as an ACOG to having your eye centered on the optic. My line of sight is a little high of center with the M21. It affects the sight picture a little, but like most red dots it doesn’t affect its usability. Interesting thing about the M 21 is it was zeroed out of the box when I mounted it on the X95, pretty much like t was made for it😊. I did look at the Manticore Arms AR-15 height Cantilever Forend, but felt that it just defeated some of the flexibility of the X95 forehand (that is the ability to take the covers off to expose additional Picatinny rails). I did go with their curved buttpad, which I found to be a very good upgrade for the X95.

Good solution for the ACOG.........

I was thinking that having the M21 on and standard rail would be fine, and as you said its a dot so its not an issue. For me the the flip up magnifier would only be used on occasion as this is a house gun so the red dot is far more important. Did you consider the Mepro RDS (or RDS Pro)? I'm okay with changing batteries and having a bit more control over the dot is desirable. Also, and more important is the sight picture (form what I read) is wider, so better in my books, but a tad shorter, and it will also work with the magnifier. I can always build another AR and use the ACOG on that. Lastly, I will be ordering the curved butt plate in the not to distance future. Hoping to catch Black Friday sales on all these goodies.

I was thinking that having the M21 on and standard rail would be fine, and as you said its a dot so its not an issue. For me the the flip up magnifier would only be used on occasion as this is a house gun so the red dot is far more important. Did you consider the Mepro RDS (or RDS Pro)? I'm okay with changing batteries and having a bit more control over the dot is desirable. Also, and more important is the sight picture (form what I read) is wider, so better in my books, but a tad shorter, and it will also work with the magnifier. I can always build another AR and use the ACOG on that. Lastly, I will be ordering the curved butt plate in the not to distance future. Hoping to catch Black Friday sales on all these goodies.
Actually I originally had the Mepro RDS on the X95 (still with the MX3 magnifier). It worked fine and with the magnifier was really good at longish (100-200 yards) range. I decided to put the M21 on it when the Mako Group had them on sale because I wanted something that could work in the dark without being dependent on batteries. The RDS was fine as a sight and I actually moved it over to my Cx4 Storm. However, I also use the Tavor as my home defense long gun, so it was important to me to have 100% reliable night operation. While the M21 does have the issue when the gun is in the shadows and the target is in bright sunlight, that’s not a problem when inside your house where the lighting (or lack there of) will be more even.

Just another thought, if your primary use is really home defense, I would definitely go with the M21. With the magnifier swung out of the way (or with no magnifier at all) it is really good at quick target acquisition at shorter ranges. With the triangle reticle and a magnifier, you can still make accurate shots out to a couple of hundred yards. I also find that it is easier for me to use with both eyes open than either the ACOG or the RDS (but that might just be me).

More research needed for those options........
Dude wtf just pick up a simple red dot. Aim point, Trijicon, Holosun or even a SIG romeo 5 red dot on a tall mount for co witnessing with the built in backup irons, if you need the magnifier put the matching magnifier on. The eye relief and height of an acog doesn't really work on the Tavor, it was very specifically designed for AR's

Dude wtf just pick up a simple red dot. Aim point, Trijicon, Holosun or even a SIG romeo 5 red dot on a tall mount for co witnessing with the built in backup irons, if you need the magnifier put the matching magnifier on. The eye relief and height of an acog doesn't really work on the Tavor, it was very specifically designed for AR's
Thanks for adding your comments. As this is a public forum you are entitles to give your opinion. However, the "wtf" is not required. We are all simply having a conversation here and passing information back and forth. If you have nothing productive to say.....best not say it at all.....IMO

Thanks for adding your comments. As this is a public forum you are entitles to give your opinion. However, the "wtf" is not required. We are all simply having a conversation here and passing information back and forth. If you have nothing productive to say.....best not say it at all.....IMO
It's just the old saying goes, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill, why all this debate about obscure/unpopular sights on a $2k gun. Get something simple that works and move on.

It's just the old saying goes, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill, why all this debate about obscure/unpopular sights on a $2k gun. Get something simple that works and move on.
You don’t understand, some of us just enjoy investigating the “obscure/unpopular”. If a gun is just a mere tool to you, then that’s fine. Just get something that works. To some of us it’s part tool part hobby and we like messing around with different configurations.

I tried the Trijicon MRO with a 2moa dot. Found I prefer an Eotech for faster acquisition and larger window with no parallax. The Eotech’s 68moa ring with 1moa dot is the best of both worlds. The hologram also works better with magnification. It’s just a battery hog, like 800 hours instead of several years with an LED reflex sight, so it powers off after only 4 or 8 hours (your setting).

The Meprolights are especially popular with the X95 because they’re also Israeli-made and are what the IDF runs. More authentic package to some users wanting a clone.

Back
Top Bottom