Tavor: who has one or opinion

Had an X95. Friend let me shoot his AR with a CMC trigger, and it was cheaper to get an AR and aftermarket trigger than to keep the X95 and add a trigger. Did like the compactness, but the biggest detriment to the X95 is breathing in a faceful of acrid smoke every shot.

Since the Dem/leftists party, led by Omar, Tlaib and the NYT's , has gone anti Israel I say it's our civic duty to purchase Israeli products to show our support, HA!HA! Also it must really piss off Maura.

Yes a thousand times yes!

Bought an X95 in FDE a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. Always wanted a SBR, but not the hassle of obtaining an SBR. No phony "tax stamp", no multi-month waiting period. Want to sell it? No problem. Perfectly legal in Mass (for now) and easily transferable with no wait. $1799 is a little expensive, but is an extraordinarily well built piece of machinery and really no more expensive than a medium to high end A/R
Conversion kits available in .300BLK and 9mm.
Takes AR mags

I like this this gun so much, I was thinking of buying another one , either an X95 in .300BLK or a Tavor 7.

You know, for the children....

I had one with a trigger pack and a lightning bow. I spent a year practicing with it and getting comfortable with the platform and then set a series of courses of fire and ran through them on the timer with both my tavor and my ar15, and know for a fact I am more effective with the AR, and it wasn't even really a close comparison.

I had one with a trigger pack and a lightning bow. I spent a year practicing with it and getting comfortable with the platform and then set a series of courses of fire and ran through them on the timer with both my tavor and my ar15, and know for a fact I am more effective with the AR, and it wasn't even really a close comparison.
Just another tool in the tool box. I spent 20 yrs carrying POS M16's that were beat to shit so the AR platform is like a part of me. I own two AR's and the X95, both of which are a thousand times better than anything I had in the Military. For CQB I'd take the Tavor, in the woods/open spaces the AR/M4.

My X95 balances well in one hand with an Omega 300 suppressor on the barrel and with the 300ACC change over kit & suppressor installed runs so quiet I can hear the action cycle without muffs. It gets dirty suppressed but has run 800rd+ w/o any malfunctions. It’s not a 1 MOA rifle for sure but 2-3 MOA gets the job done. It excels at CQB. I run a MeproLight M21 bullseye dot or a ACOG T4 horseshoe/dot optic - both work fine but the T4 gets better distance accuracy in my hands.
Just read your post on the Tavor class in Pa., never knew such a class existed. Do you have a website for the class?

Just another tool in the tool box. I spent 20 yrs carrying POS M16's that were beat to shit so the AR platform is like a part of me. I own two AR's and the X95, both of which are a thousand times better than anything I had in the Military. For CQB I'd take the Tavor, in the woods/open spaces the AR/M4.
agreed, it wasn't a waste of time, I got to know the platform pretty well and I can pick it up and use it if I need to, I am just saying it wouldn't be my go to.

I need to rent a tavor 7 ,wanna see how it shoot before i drop 2k on it. Who here know where to go to rent one. Am a small guy soo gun gotta fit me:cool:

I’ve got an X95 I bought in MA before I moved. Upgraded the trigger group to the Geisel but kept the actual trigger stock so it has the take-up but then breaks clean/light. I’ve never had Tavor face from it. I intended to sell it before I moved as it’s 100% MA compliant but used up my transfers. It’s a great gun.

Attachments

• E6CECA62-70D9-45AD-83AF-5D343947A88F.jpeg
    E6CECA62-70D9-45AD-83AF-5D343947A88F.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 74
bought a Vortex Strikefire II a few months ago and finally brought the rifle to Harvard. Benched/Zeroed at 25 yds and only had to make a few adjustments. Fired 3/ 3 rd groups and on to the 100yd. same, 3/ 3 rd groups at a NRA 100yd target and 2 fliers but 7 in the black. Close enough for govt. work. I also fired 3 /3 rd groups at the swinging steel targets on the left from standing unsupported and also hit 7 out of 9. Great sight for the money, $179.00

I love bull pups..I had an orig AuG with the donut of death, a few MSARs, still have a ps90 and an FS2k.

i will get a Tavor. But it will be the shotgun.
my preference in order. FS2k, aug, tavor.

way back when i could have bought an aug for $800 but i am a lefty and could not find a conversion kit which was $200 then. being this way always kept me from being able to buy a bullpup: snapped up a lefty tavor the minute they came out

For the guys thinking about buying an X 95. If you watch gun broker long enough brand new ones come up for just under $1500. As buy it now.
I was thinking about getting an OD Green one in 223 until the 308 came out and now I’m really looking at that one instead maybe for next year.

For the guys thinking about buying an X 95. If you watch gun broker long enough brand new ones come up for just under $1500. As buy it now.
I was thinking about getting an OD Green one in 223 until the 308 came out and now I’m really looking at that one instead maybe for next year.
If I remember correctly the .308 version was not very accurate during testing. The .223 version is already about 2 lbs heavier then an AR so the .308 would be even heavier which to me would be a no-go.

Back to the top...

Thinking about buying an X95 for plinking steel plates at the range. I don't own or want an AR or have anything in 556 currently so I'm thinking of going 9mm. I have pistols in 9mm and a few cases of ammo already. I wouldn't be shooting it past 100 yards at the range and have other guns for home self defense scenarios. It would just be a fun (albeit expensive) range gun to play with. I'm hoping as a previous poster stated that I can run "cheaper" steel cased ammo through it like I do with my AKs. Any reason I should reconsider 556 over 9mm in this scenario?

Back to the top...

Thinking about buying an X95 for plinking steel plates at the range. I don't own or want an AR or have anything in 556 currently so I'm thinking of going 9mm. I have pistols in 9mm and a few cases of ammo already. I wouldn't be shooting it past 100 yards at the range and have other guns for home self defense scenarios. It would just be a fun (albeit expensive) range gun to play with. I'm hoping as a previous poster stated that I can run "cheaper" steel cased ammo through it like I do with my AKs. Any reason I should reconsider 556 over 9mm in this scenario?

The IDF asked for a Tavor that was more compact and could be converted between 9mm and 5.56. That’s why they called the new model the X95. So why not get a regular 5.56 X95 for all its badassitude as a CQB HD weapon and then convert it to 9mm for cheaper range time? It’s what it was built for. I’ve seen kits advertised for $750.

Family member bought an X95 recently and is now regretting it. Was told it could be converted to lefty with a “simple” bolt change.
It’s obviously a little more than that but not overly complex. Except. You can’t buy a left hand bolt outright anymore. You have to buy a bolt and barrel AND send the rifle back to IMI authorized service center. I believe the price tag is in the neighborhood of $450.
Seems extreme for a plastic fantastic $1500 gun.

If I wanted a 9mm for plinking at the range, I’d get a Ruger PC9 or a Beretta Cx4 Storm. You mention that you have 9mm pistols. If you have a Beretta 92, then the CX4 would be good choice since it will accept series 92 mags. If you’ve a Glock, the PC9 would be better since it can take Glock mags. If you looking for an expensive 9mm range toy, then the Sig MPX or the Bren Scorpion EVO might be another choice.The Tavor is an awfully expensive and heavy gun for 9mm plinking. In 5.56 it’s a great gun, but I think there are better 9mm options out there.

Thanks guys! The more I think about it, I'll get 5.56 as suggested. For the amount of ammo I'll shoot through it in a year the cost really doesn't matter. I looked up the Sig MPX, looks cool but wow, it's $$$.

As Always. BUY WHAT YOU LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!

I built myself a 9mm UZI a few years ago. The damn thing probably weighs more than a Tavor, but I love it!
Others here will say WHY? Its an old design and a AR in 9mm weighs less, which they do by several pounds. So heavy I don't even want to play with it,
I buy and build what I like... You should too.

RC

Thanks guys! The more I think about it, I'll get 5.56 as suggested. For the amount of ammo I'll shoot through it in a year the cost really doesn't matter. I looked up the Sig MPX, looks cool but wow, it's $$$.

They‘re worth it though, but obviously that’s just my opinion. My MPX is a great time every time at the range.

Back
Top Bottom