Tavor: who has one or opinion

it is actually quite annoying - but - i do not really see anywhere what is the actual center dot size for the MEPRO 21 bullseye center. i guess i will see what it is when i get it.
i do not want anything with a battery on a rifle.

i will look at eotech, thx.
As I recall that the size of the center dot for the MEPRO 21 bullseye is 4.5 MOA and the ring is a 16 MOA broken circle, but don’t quote me on that.

it is actually quite annoying - but - i do not really see anywhere what is the actual center dot size for the MEPRO 21 bullseye center. i guess i will see what it is when i get it.
i do not want anything with a battery on a rifle.

i will look at eotech, thx.

The Eotech requires batteries, as does the Aimpoint. The Aimpoint has a crazy long battery life (50,000 hours), so that might be a better option for you. The issue I see with the MEPRO is that none of the reticles are meant for precision. 4.3MOA dot is essentially 4.3" at 100 yards or 17.2" at 400 yards, but the rifle is +- 1-2MOA so real life accuracy with that optic is likely 5.5" at 100 yards and 22+" at 400 yards. The MEPRO optic and rifle excel at CQB. I guess it all comes down to how you plan on using it.

As I said before, with the Eotech, it's a 68MOA circle with a 1MOA center dot. Works great for range calculation and fast target acquisition as well as precision with the magnifier. YMMV.

This
1604962593885.png

vs. this
1604962727661.png

The Eotech requires batteries, as does the Aimpoint. The Aimpoint has a crazy long battery life (50,000 hours), so that might be a better option for you. The issue I see with the MEPRO is that none of the reticles are meant for precision. 4.3MOA dot is essentially 4.3" at 100 yards or 17.2" at 400 yards, but the rifle is +- 1-2MOA so real life accuracy with that optic is likely 5.5" at 100 yards and 22+" at 400 yards. The MEPRO optic and rifle excel at CQB. I guess it all comes down to how you plan on using it.

As I said before, with the Eotech, it's a 68MOA circle with a 1MOA center dot. Works great for range calculation and fast target acquisition as well as precision with the magnifier. YMMV.

This
View attachment 409625

vs. this
View attachment 409626
How aimpoint behaves in the rain?
I don’t know, I absolutely do see and understand the difference. But, a rifle will be for most of the time tucked away.
I need to think about it.

Last edited:
Here is what I saw on their website:
Yup, Meprolight doesn’t give the measurements of their bullseye and triangle reticles on their web site, I just recall seeing a report on them in one of the AR15 sites where someone had measure
the bullseye and they got a 4.5 MOA dot in a 16 MOA circle. On the box for my triangle reticle they list a 4.3 dot, a 5.5 dot and the triangle is listed as 0.3 (not sure what they are measuring, but the overall triangle is pretty small) plus the bullseye and the open X, both without numbers.

Yup, Meprolight doesn’t give the measurements of their bullseye and triangle reticles on their web site, I just recall seeing a report on them in one of the AR15 sites where someone had measure
the bullseye and they got a 4.5 MOA dot in a 16 MOA circle. On the box for my triangle reticle they list a 4.3 dot, a 5.5 dot and the triangle is listed as 0.3 (not sure what they are measuring, but the overall triangle is pretty small) plus the bullseye and the open X, both without numbers.
I never learned to use x3 optic scope with both open eyes - that’s why I do not want an x3 or an adjustable x1-x6 optic scope on a mostly short range tactical rifle.
A 1MOA dot would be perfect, but, I bet I will eventually forget to turn it off,or kids turn it on and when it will be needed - scope will be dead. I had that with vortex more than once with power button on a side.
but I agree that 4.5MOA is not ideal at all. Hmm.

The triangle is 12 MOA point to point. It covers a lot but you can aim with the tip like a chevron style site.

I never learned to use x3 optic scope with both open eyes - that’s why I do not want an x3 or an adjustable x1-x6 optic scope on a mostly short range tactical rifle.
A 1MOA dot would be perfect, but, I bet I will eventually forget to turn it off,or kids turn it on and when it will be needed - scope will be dead. I had that with vortex more than once with power button on a side.
but I agree that 4.5MOA is not ideal at all. Hmm.

Give the Primary Arms Cyclops 1x scope a look. It has a popular range finding reticle and BDC. The reticle is etched on the glass in case of battery failure.

Give the Primary Arms Cyclops 1x scope a look. It has a popular range finding reticle and BDC. The reticle is etched on the glass in case of battery failure.

Is it a $239 Primary Arms SLX Compact 1x20 Prism Scope - ACSS-Cyclops?

Last edited:
FYI I ordered something from the Mako Group during their 4th of July sale and it took them over 4 weeks to ship. Since they don’t actually charge your CC until they ship, it looks like nothing is happening but once the charge actually hits your card, you should get your shipment in a coupe of days. Any questions you can reach out to Addy (not Andy, mistake I made) Sandler at: [email protected] . That’s how I found out that they were really behind because COVID. Don’t know if that is still the case, but just be aware.
Just saw this one so you can ignore my reply to the flyer you initially posted. I guess I'll be waiting a few more weeks before I get my Mako items. No worries, as long as they show up. Not like I'm itching to burn through my ammo!

Is it a $239 Primary Arms SLX Compact 1x20 Prism Scope - ACSS-Cyclops?
That’s the one. Primary Arms SLx Compact 1x20 Prism Scope - ACSS-Cyclops

There are a bunch of ways to use that reticule for estimating different circumstances. It’s a cheap rugged scope that may fit your application. I saw a few torture tests on YouTube where they put it through more than what a scope should ever encounter and it holds up.

There are a bunch of ways to use that reticule for estimating different circumstances. It’s a cheap rugged scope that may fit your application. I saw a few torture tests on YouTube where they put it through more than what a scope should ever encounter and it holds up.
ok, sorry for continuing beating this topic.
i looked back and forth, and as i did not find this one above on amazon prime - it is available only from vendors with some restrictions on return policy, so, decided for now to try this:
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0ZAULT?th=1&psc=1

also ordered a 0.5" super slim utg riser rail and a Vortex Pro 30mm cantilever ring mount.
As it all was prime - will be returnable if i will dislike it completely - then I will roll back to the prism. I hope to get all package assembled somewhat next week, will see how all the shipping will align and when FFL will be done with the pin install and all the other steps.
should be one fun rifle in the end. ordered the super sabra 05-267 module too, but, that will be probably a very long wait from opticsplanet - they do not even have an idea of an ETA on it.

my only concern with that vortex is how much of a beater it will end up to be, as i think the simpler the scope is, the better it will be in a long run. but, will see, i guess, time will tell.

AND, huge THANK YOU to everyone who chimed in, you are all class act, thanks so much!

Last edited:
ok, sorry for continuing beating this topic.
i looked back and forth, and as i did not find this one above on amazon prime - it is available only from vendors with some restrictions on return policy, so, decided for now to try this:
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0ZAULT?th=1&psc=1

also ordered a 0.5" super slim utg riser rail and a Vortex Pro 30mm cantilever ring mount.
As it all was prime - will be returnable if i will dislike it completely - then I will roll back to the prism. I hope to get all package assembled somewhat next week, will see how all the shipping will align and when FFL will be done with the pin install and all the other steps.
should be one fun rifle in the end. ordered the super sabra 05-267 module too, but, that will be probably a very long wait from opticsplanet - they do not even have an idea of an ETA on it.

my only concern with that vortex is how much of a beater it will end up to be, as i think the simpler the scope is, the better it will be in a long run. but, will see, i guess, time will tell.

AND, huge THANK YOU to everyone who chimed in, you are all class act, thanks so much!
I avoid Amazon for optics because of horror stories of people receiving items that were previously returned after being replaced with Chinese knockoffs.

And ordering something just to try it and possibly return doesn’t sound good.

I avoid Amazon for optics because of horror stories of people receiving items that were previously returned after being replaced with Chinese knockoffs.
sorry, but both your statements are pure nonsense. if you do get a damaged/used item - you will ship it back, for free, that is why you pay for amazon prime.
a convenience of the returns is why you pay for it - nothing is free. but, especially with the expensive items, it is the only way to proceed.

to avoid horror stories you need to be vigilant of who the actual seller is and if item is carrying 'prime' signature. otherwise - do not buy online, that is always an option if one has time to hunt for items in real brick and mortar stores. i buy now everything from amazon, and we shop at whole foods with same amazon prime discounts. it is a part of life now, like it or not.

yeah, indeed.
just did an order from iwi.us - for front and pistol grips and some other minor things - and those imbeciles ran 2 credit card transactions on the same order on me.
with all evilest amazon sins i had never had to deal with multiple credit card actions with them... and need to call iwi.us sales now, like i have nothing else to do.

For those that ordered from Mako, did you experience significant delays hearing back on your order? Got the automated reply, but nothing since then. Tried emailing Addy and nothing...

sorry, but both your statements are pure nonsense. if you do get a damaged/used item - you will ship it back, for free, that is why you pay for amazon prime.
a convenience of the returns is why you pay for it - nothing is free. but, especially with the expensive items, it is the only way to proceed.

to avoid horror stories you need to be vigilant of who the actual seller is and if item is carrying 'prime' signature. otherwise - do not buy online, that is always an option if one has time to hunt for items in real brick and mortar stores. i buy now everything from amazon, and we shop at whole foods with same amazon prime discounts. it is a part of life now, like it or not.
The first part is more about people using Amazon’s return policy which favors the consumer. Technically used goods can be resold as new because some people like to use and test things out then return them if they don’t like it which you said you’d be doing .

Shouldn’t be hard to find someone near you with a Viper gen 2 to look at it or at least compare the feel of the weight between a lpvo and a red dot. The weight is more towards the rear but the additional weight of a lpvo is noticeable and the Tavor is already fat.

For those that ordered from Mako, did you experience significant delays hearing back on your order? Got the automated reply, but nothing since then. Tried emailing Addy and nothing...
I didn’t hear anything for a couple of weeks back in July, that’s when I finally emailed Addy and she replied that they were significantly behind due to covid. (See my post #133).

ETA: Just check my records and I placed my order on July 11 and it actually hit my card Aug 7 and I received it via UPS on Aug 11.

Last edited:
Dude, why you stopping him?! Ima swoop in and snatch that scope when he puts it up in the classifieds because he realized he wanted a first focal plane reticle for this build.

The first part is more about people using Amazon’s return policy which favors the consumer. Technically used goods can be resold as new because some people like to use and test things out then return them if they don’t like it which you said you’d be doing .

Shouldn’t be hard to find someone near you with a Viper gen 2 to look at it or at least compare the feel of the weight between a lpvo and a red dot. The weight is more towards the rear but the additional weight of a lpvo is noticeable and the Tavor is already fat.

I've had really good luck with optics on Amazon. I bought a Sig Romeo 5 for $109. Came brand new sealed box with the Sig holograms. The company I bought from must have got a closeout deal from Sig.

I would never, ever hesitate buying from Amazon. They're return policy is the best....

Dude, why you stopping him?! Ima swoop in and snatch that scope when he puts it up in the classifieds because he realized he wanted a first focal plane reticle for this build.
I actually agree with that, for about of 80%. Most likely I will buy it too. It is good to have options.

All, if anyone is in the market for Mepro optics Mako has a 17% discount today. Keep in mind I ordered last week and got the initial email but it will take at least 3 weeks before anything gets shipped. But at 17% off its worth the wait!

Happy shopping.

17% Off SITE-WIDE | Coupon Code "VETERAN"​

All, if anyone is in the market for Mepro optics Mako has a 17% discount today. Keep in mind I ordered last week and got the initial email but it will take at least 3 weeks before anything gets shipped. But at 17% off its worth the wait!

Happy shopping.

17% Off SITE-WIDE | Coupon Code "VETERAN"​

Out of curiosity, how do you know what the lead time is? I didn't see it anywhere on my PO or the item I ordered? All I got was an auto-receipt.

I'll take it at the word of others on here who have had experience with this company on the past, but I don't see how they stay in business with the poor communication and customer support. They have no telephone number, nobody replies to emails, and their reviews are like 1.7 out of 5 on Google. Thankfully, I ordered using a CC so will just cancel if it comes down to it, but I truly don't get it- these are expensive products people are shelling out good money for.

Last edited:

Can you guys effectively see/use the bdc dots on the ACSS at 1x? My vision isn't perfect and I need magnification to properly use the ranging dots. The chevron and horseshoe features are awesome though!

Can you guys effectively see/use the bdc dots on the ACSS at 1x? My vision isn't perfect and I need magnification to properly use the ranging dots. The chevron and horseshoe features are awesome though!
I probably could, but it would take a lot of concentration. I also have an issue with the reticle getting lost in certain backgrounds during the day, like cars and such.

I’m really curious to try the 2x prism optic they have out now.

I probably could, but it would take a lot of concentration. I also have an issue with the reticle getting lost in certain backgrounds during the day, like cars and such.

pretty much by a same reason i decided to try that new 1-6x vortex - a day before i went to our local gun shop and looked through the old 1-4x vortex thay had on one of riffles there.
it actually appeared to be more comfortable for my eyes, i have a bit of astigmatism and the image was easier to see. wil see how it will work out with one i ordered.
at 1x it has a bit of a distortion, so all in all it is not as seamless as a prism one, for sure, but, overall looked very decent. pricey, though.

Glad it's not just me, I have the M21 and was strongly considering the ACSS 2.5 or 3x. I have a very difficult time focusing at distance with the reticle. I watched some guy on Youtube provide a 'real world' scenario of clearing rooms, etc. with a 2.5 of 3x ACSS, and decided I'll stick with a magnifier at this stage to see if it helps (and retain the option of no magnification). Longer term may grab an ACSS in the future if the price is right, but the read I got was that anything above 1x would be more useful for hunting.

Back
Top Bottom