• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taurus is Smoking Weed *rant time*

A few days ago Taurus posts on Twitter they're unveiling the "future of home defense" and that got me interested because I was expecting a 5.7 or a Shockwave or maybe an AR pistol. However, I had considered that since this is Taurus, a company known for its, uh... avant garde, firearm designs that we could be in for a new View or Curve.

What we got was this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHaDl2b_veA

The Taurus Judge Home Defender.

stunned-gif.gif

We got a tactical tacticool tacky tack fukking whack Judge. The team at Taurus must have whacked their head hitting the ground from riding the bull and thought, "How can we put a light and an optic on the Judge?" so they took a Circuit Judge and cut the barrel down and removed the stock, then slapped a pic rail on top.

The Circuit Judge is a pretty nice looking Judge rifle, it has a choke to reduce/remove the rotation from the rifling to get the shot to pattern better and it has adjustable sights and a nice wood stock and look to it. I don't know who the f*** would buy this Judge Home Defender over a Circuit Judge. This is the dumbest fukking thing I've seen from Taurus since the Curve. Who the fukk came up with this idea at Taurus? Were they smoking weed?

This thing is so illogical I cannot fathom who thought it was a good idea. Just looking at this thing makes me want to roll up a fatty and think about how stupid people are, then once I get high realize they're actually geniuses which would be how I'd determine that I know I bought some good shit because under no circumstances is a sober person going to look at this Judge Home Grown Doobiefender and say, "Gee, why didn't they think of that sooner?"

They didn't, cuz they weren't blazing up a J. Yeah, Taurus sales and design teams had a joint session alright. Maybe Taurus is thinking with drug use soon to no longer be a disqualifying factor in background checks that potheads would be craving to buy the Taurus Home Defender to defend their stash of buds. Taurus should have called this the Bud Buddy or the Stoner Pwner.

It's so dumb and such a letdown. If anyone can make it make sense, tell me, because it makes no sense.

Does your other wrist you're using to hold the thing steady get sliced by the gas coming out of the cylinder gap?
It uses the same shields that the Judge rifle that Rossi makes uses, which many credit as working very well, but that still doesn't make this thing logical in any way.

It uses the same shields that the Judge rifle that Rossi makes uses, which many credit as working very well, but that still doesn't make this thing logical in any way.
Sure it does, if it makes more money than it cost to develop.

I'm guessing that you're not going to help them make their sales goal?

Oh.....2.5/10 on the rant-o-meter. It would have been 2.0, but I gave you an extra 0.5 for the picture of Data.

You look at guns marketed to 95% skinflints and you're shocked?

At least the redeemed themselves a little with the G3. At least that's a decent value thats not a total disappointment like almost everything else they make.

A few days ago Taurus posts on Twitter they're unveiling the "future of home defense" and that got me interested because I was expecting a 5.7 or a Shockwave or maybe an AR pistol. However, I had considered that since this is Taurus, a company known for its, uh... avant garde, firearm designs that we could be in for a new View or Curve.

What we got was this:

stunned-gif.gif

We got a tactical tacticool tacky tack fukking whack Judge. The team at Taurus must have whacked their head hitting the ground from riding the bull and thought, "How can we put a light and an optic on the Judge?" so they took a Circuit Judge and cut the barrel down and removed the stock, then slapped a pic rail on top.

The Circuit Judge is a pretty nice looking Judge rifle, it has a choke to reduce/remove the rotation from the rifling to get the shot to pattern better and it has adjustable sights and a nice wood stock and look to it. I don't know who the f*** would buy this Judge Home Defender over a Circuit Judge. This is the dumbest fukking thing I've seen from Taurus since the Curve. Who the fukk came up with this idea at Taurus? Were they smoking weed?

This thing is so illogical I cannot fathom who thought it was a good idea. Just looking at this thing makes me want to roll up a fatty and think about how stupid people are, then once I get high realize they're actually geniuses which would be how I'd determine that I know I bought some good shit because under no circumstances is a sober person going to look at this Judge Home Grown Doobiefender and say, "Gee, why didn't they think of that sooner?"

They didn't, cuz they weren't blazing up a J. Yeah, Taurus sales and design teams had a joint session alright. Maybe Taurus is thinking with drug use soon to no longer be a disqualifying factor in background checks that potheads would be craving to buy the Taurus Home Defender to defend their stash of buds. Taurus should have called this the Bud Buddy or the Stoner Pwner.

It's so dumb and such a letdown. If anyone can make it make sense, tell me, because it makes no sense.

Most of Taurus's base... .

View: https://youtu.be/kav7tifmyTg?si=8FAzBci6subvcRWt

What we got was this:

stunned-gif.gif

I think this design would be a much bigger deterrent for home defense scenarios-

20200730_172435-jpg.376918

You look at guns marketed to 95% skinflints and you're shocked?

At least the redeemed themselves a little with the G3. At least that's a decent value thats not a total disappointment like almost everything else they make.
I thought it would be something new, not a lazy tactical Judge with a barrel so long it has no use as a handgun. Can't even put a stock on it without doing an SBR form.

Even with the oddness of the gx4 trigger reset, mine's run perfectly fine and I can't ask for more than that from a $200 Taurus.

There's nothing skinflint about a $600 remake of the Cobray Ladies Home Companion.

3b8004bb79df2975014ef4bce435e5f4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom