• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taser/Stun Guns MA Legal Now?

So would I, however there are people who don't want a gun or can't shoot one for some reason or another, for whom a stun gun is a viable option. Not ideal, but viable.

My problem isn't with the people that wish to use less than lethal force, it's those ridiculous prices.

Also told us nothing that doesn't look like a taser or stun gun. So no flashlights, or cell phone looking taser or stun guns. From Mauras mouth not mine.

Interesting. I've seen the flashlight models heavily stocked. I figured it would fall under the existing law about guns needing to look scary, as Rob stated earlier.

Are these serialized and registered? Efa10 if you wanna sell to someone? Same sole same ole?

Interesting. I've seen the flashlight models heavily stocked. I figured it would fall under the existing law about guns needing to look scary, as Rob stated earlier.

Are these serialized and registered? Efa10 if you wanna sell to someone? Same sole same ole?
Until regulations with the force of law go into affect, I'd say screw it, buy what you like, ignore any allegations that paperwork is required.

Typically it takes 1-1.5 yrs to get a CMR generated and approved by the governor. Hopefully GOAL will be on top of this (you can count on them trying to make it so that nothing is legal in MA) and let us know when the CMR is drafted so we can paper-bomb them with objections (well thought out) and show up in strength at the hearing to testify against the onerous requirements that we can count on them attempting to sneak by.

Right now there is no e anything. Not sure about serial number. They just said put it on there if it's there.

Has anyone gotten a taser pulse yet? I’m trying to decide if one is worth the coin. I bought a cheesy $20 stun gun online and quickly realized it’s barely better than nothing.

Anyone know if there is a penalty for carrying a stun gun on school grounds. Being Mass i'm assuming there is, but you never know.

Has anyone gotten a taser pulse yet? I’m trying to decide if one is worth the coin. I bought a cheesy $20 stun gun online and quickly realized it’s barely better than nothing.

I have one. Not cheap for sure, but I'd rather have something that allows for engagement at a distance, and the Pulse fits that bill in a package that's about the same size as a S&W Shield.

There's no serial numbers on the ones at FS, they're just putting the model number on the EFA-10....

And a dealer here claims they got instructions from EOPS to do this and that any stun gun has to look like a gun. So when they tweak the eFA-10 system you can expect a letter to turn in anything that doesn't look like a gun. It seems that only the better $300-700 versions will be allowed . . . my guess.

Anyone know if there is a penalty for carrying a stun gun on school grounds. Being Mass i'm assuming there is, but you never know.

Since they categorized it as a firearm, I would expect the penalty to be the same. Regs haven't been written yet, but that's what I'm betting on as an outcome.

Purchased a flashlight sabre stun today from a SS in Westport. Showed license, no paperwork. Guy behind the counter even double checked that no paperwork had to be filled then I was on my way. $35 bucks plus tax

So just for a different perspective. I live in downtown Worcester. Often I'm outside of my apartment building at night and early in the morning to take my dog out. I have plenty of handguns and I don't have any problem carrying or shooting one. I'm a member of two clubs and on a pistol team so I shoot weekly. While it's possible someone could try to rob me I live in a high traffic area and usually I leave my wallet inside so I'm more concerned by someone who's gone off the deep end going after me because it's painfully obvious there is a huge mental health problem here.

I picked up a Taser Pulse yesterday and plan to keep it on me most of the time because frankly there are are considerable amounts of people who are not mentally stable that I encounter. The other night I was outside with the dog and the cop who guards the building at night was outside with me getting a little air. While we are out there a huge guy who is staring at us from across the street comes over and insists that the cop call the police because he is hearing voices (I think I could write a book about the bizarre people I've encountered but fortunately I've never had any trouble that wasn't solved by walking away). Would you be able to reason with this guy if he got violent? Nope, not a chance? Would you shoot him? I think you'd get killed in court trying to justify it unless he has a weapon and in the mean time he'd beat the crap out of you if you didn't shoot him. If he went after me he'd drop like a ton of bricks with the Taser and you could get away and not kill him. Yes I acknowledge I still might get reamed in court and that a Taser isn't a guarantee of success but it's far better than nothing.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't carry a gun but I'd rather leave that as a second option if I thought a perp had a weapon. For example some guy was stabbed around the corner from my building last year and the cops think it was because of a bad drug deal. When it happened I missed being on that corner walking back from the garage by minutes and you better believe I'd want to be armed with the biggest _ucking gun I own because they could have seen me witnessing it and come after me. Is this thought process wrong? That's at least why I wanted a Taser. If you live in suburbia maybe a Taser isn't for you but I like having the option.

There's no way I'd buy one if the shop is making me efa-10 it. No way should I have to register a damn Taser. This state is so far beyond insane. Just carry O.C. spray. I have successfully used O.C. in self defense in this state before, with police response, and it had no legal repercussions, it is a much better option than a Taser right now with all of these vague laws and question marks and good O.C. like Fox labs or Sabre will stop most anyone that a Taser will and you don't have to worry about thick clothing or the barbs not sticking.

There's no way I'd buy one if the shop is making me efa-10 it. No way should I have to register a damn Taser.
The "real tasers" put out microtags traceable to the unit, so there is a big brother benefit to registering who bought each one. The original consumer unit actually required on-line identity verification to register the owner to the unit before it could be software enabled. I think they may have backed away from that nonsense but, for anything other than a cash sale, know that you are effectively leaving you calling card at the scene. This should factor into the "do I report" decision if you have to use it,

Buy it out of state if you don't want the dealer to FA-10 it. Nothing in MGL requires it directly to be FA-10'd and the online system supposedly won't allow dealers to do this.

The "real tasers" put out microtags traceable to the unit, so there is a big brother benefit to registering who bought each one. The original consumer unit actually required on-line identity verification to register the owner to the unit before it could be software enabled. I think they may have backed away from that nonsense but, for anything other than a cash sale, know that you are effectively leaving you calling card at the scene. This should factor into the "do I report" decision if you have to use it,
I may or may not have a couple of x26 tasers, they surely arent registered to anyone, and they may or may not work just fine, and the replacement cartridges might be cheap and easy to get, but I really only have them for settling drunken bets with friends.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom