• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taser/Stun Guns MA Legal Now?

I've been so out of the loop with MA firearms law so forgive me if this question has been asked.

I've heard that tasers/stun guns are now legal in Massachusetts, is this true? If so, can someone point me to the law on this?

They were for a short time, but the gubmint fixed that for us. A stun gun is now a firearm and requires an LTC.

The bill was signed into law, but it is incomprehensible as written. It talks of removing and inserting words into existing laws, but refers to those laws by line number. The line numbers are not published, but only exist in secret copies maintained by the state

They were for a short time, but the gubmint fixed that for us. A stun gun is now a firearm and requires an LTC.

The bill was signed into law, but it is incomprehensible as written. It talks of removing and inserting words into existing laws, but refers to those laws by line number. The line numbers are not published, but only exist in secret copies maintained by the state

So, if you have an LTC, you're good to go?

So, if you have an LTC, you're good to go?

For possession theoretically yes (the law itself I believe says "FID", which could exclude LTCs if some official really wanted to twist it). Carry is up to whatever restrictions your city/town places on your license, which is to say 351 possible answers in MA.

As far as safe storage and all the other law related to "firearms" with regards to tasers/stun guns. No one is certain because of poor drafting of the law.

I agree in principle, however I know a couple of people who want a less lethal self defense option. Personally, if I were to have a Taser, I'd want it to be one that launches darts so that I don't have to get to close (and vice versa) to my attacker.

I'll take my bullet-pusher over a taser. I'm not in the compliance business, I'm in the threat-stopping business.

I agree in principle, however I know a couple of people who want a less lethal self defense option. Personally, if I were to have a Taser, I'd want it to be one that launches darts so that I don't have to get to close (and vice versa) to my attacker.
++++ Distance is your friend!

Search around the 'net and you'll find some online retailers now willing to ship various electronic defense devices to MA. I picked up a Taser Pulse shortly after the ban was no longer in effect.

TASER Pulse

Search around the 'net and you'll find some online retailers now willing to ship various electronic defense devices to MA. I picked up a Taser Pulse shortly after the ban was no longer in effect.

TASER Pulse
This is the only reasonable product to carry if you are going to carry a stun device. Remember "distance is your friend".

4Seasons' sales flyer indicates that they now are selling Sabre brand stun guns. Nothing about Tasers. I'm not sure but they might be the first store in MA to be selling any EDWs to non LEO.

State training told us that tasers and stun guns are good to go, 21 and older only, LTC A, we have to do a license status check and do paper fa10 until they add to mircs. Also told us nothing that doesn't look like a taser or stun gun. So no flashlights, or cell phone looking taser or stun guns. From Mauras mouth not mine.

State training told us that tasers and stun guns are good to go, 21 and older only, LTC A, we have to do a license status check and do paper fa10 until they add to mircs. Also told us nothing that doesn't look like a taser or stun gun. So no flashlights, or cell phone looking taser or stun guns. From Mauras mouth not mine.

Paper FA-10s no longer exist, and are not accepted (so the state claims)

Also told us nothing that doesn't look like a taser or stun gun. So no flashlights, or cell phone looking taser or stun guns. From Mauras mouth not mine.
There is already a law banning guns that do not look like guns, so they are calling stun guns because they require an LTC. The flashlight form factor has been standard for contact stun gun for years, so a credible argument can be made that a flashlight looks like a stun gun.

Remember, this all started in the Shaws parking lot in Ashland.

Back
Top Bottom