• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

OnTarget in Dracut gets pissy if you are shooting anything other than brass. I think it's because their business model is based on recycling dropped brass, and whoever their processor is gets pissed off if they find junk mixed in with the brass...

OnTarget in Dracut gets pissy if you are shooting anything other than brass. I think it's because their business model is based on recycling dropped brass, and whoever their processor is gets pissed off if they find junk mixed in with the brass...

Yea I mean I always toss my aluminum or steel casing ammo into the trash and put the brass in the brass bin at the range I go to.

People try their best to split it out but if their business model is collect the casings and they didnt like the aluminum/steel id just sweep all mine with the brass and take home and throw away.

Cant complain when its free!

Right now On Target is allowing you to shoot steel-- they are selling the steel case 9mm for their customers ( Red Army standard)

Shocking. [laugh] good to know in case I have to go there....
When i started to shoot they ask me what type of ammo- As you said On target told me no steel- but now they are selling it. A box of.45 Blazer is 35 buckets but you have to shoot at the range.

3 websites I know of that will ship to my house in Mass- with uploading your LTC to them.

I forgot to add it will cost a little bit more. See example

9mm - Federal Syntech Range 124 Grain TSJ​

• $49.99

IMI Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain Di-Cut Jacketed Hollow Point
$59.99 - $1199.99

Last edited:
I've stated a few posts back that its for free staters. OR as I've said before you can ship it to a UPS store in NH and other free states. They charge $5 per package. No brainer in my opinion. Though I realize if you live in like North Adams, MA, it will be a good drive [laugh] But maybe there are some UPS stores in southern VT??
I didn’t think UPS stores accepted ammo?

Winchester White garBage for $0.80 a round?????

I’ve never had a problem with it In any caliber I’ve used. Yes, the price is ridiculous considering I paid a fraction of that for the same 1K case pre-pandemic, but see below.

I’m running lower than I care to on .45ACP so this is for trading, not keeping. I’m having trouble getting primers, just like everyone else or I’d just reload the brass I already have.

See I don’t mind WWB it’s not bad but Blazer? That stuff is trash no idea why so many people love it?

Agreed. I’ll take WWB over Blazer every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Whatever floats your boat. I'd shoot Wolf steel over either all day every day. WWB is dirty, unreliable, and over priced.

If you were willing to pay $800 per thousand, there are waaay better options out there.

Whatever floats your boat. I'd shoot Wolf steel over either all day every day. WWB is dirty, unreliable, and over priced.

If you were willing to pay $800 per thousand, there are waaay better options out there.
Blazer brass and aluminum are the only types of 9mm that wouldn’t consistently feed in my p365, g19, and vp9.

I agree though I prefer ppu, magtech, sellier and bellot, etc over most of the mainstream brands

Blazer brass and aluminum are the only types of 9mm that wouldn’t consistently feed in my p365, g19, and vp9.

I agree though I prefer ppu, magtech, sellier and bellot, etc over most of the mainstream brands

Interesting - blazer shot fine in my p365, not sure about this aluminum stuff will test this when I get some.

Interesting - blazer shot fine in my p365, not sure about this aluminum stuff will test this when I get some.
Yea only ammo I have ever had issues with. I tried a few boxes too ran some of my ammo and then buddies ammo. Could have just been a bad run but ever since I wont touch the stuff.

On average per 100 rounds I would have 4-5 FTF stovepipes. Thats just my experience though.

Yea only ammo I have ever had issues with. I tried a few boxes too ran some of my ammo and then buddies ammo. Could have just been a bad run but ever since I wont touch the stuff.

On average per 100 rounds I would have 4-5 FTF stovepipes. Thats just my experience though.
Good to know - I only ran about 80 rds through of blazer so far.

Back
Top Bottom