Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Interesting - blazer shot fine in my p365, not sure about this aluminum stuff will test this when I get some.
Mine also eats Blazer, no problem, including the 147 flat nose which often cause issues in other guns. Steel works fine as well, but never tried aluminum.

I may have an issue with a prematurely worn slide stop though. Tap a mag in and it sends the slide forward. Not the end of the world, but I'm probably less than 1500 rounds through it, so surprising.

Good to know - I only ran about 80 rds through of blazer so far.
For what it's worth, I've shot a lot of Al Blazer, and the only problem I've had is magazine-related, rather than gun-related.

I run mostly Magpul mags in my Glock 17 and Glock 19, and for some reason, those mags have a known problem with aluminum cases. I can't explain the underlying cause, but if I shoot aluminum in Magpul mags in a G19 that never hiccups, I can count on one or two FTFs during the session. Aluminum cases in OEM Glock mags, no problem. Weird, but it seems to be a known issue. That's the only problem I've ever had with Blazer Al. Wonder if other reported problems are tied to mag issues, as well.

For what it's worth, I've shot a lot of Al Blazer, and the only problem I've had is magazine-related, rather than gun-related.

I run mostly Magpul mags in my Glock 17 and Glock 19, and for some reason, those mags have a known problem with aluminum cases. I can't explain the underlying cause, but if I shoot aluminum in Magpul mags in a G19 that never hiccups, I can count on one or two FTFs during the session. Aluminum cases in OEM Glock mags, no problem. Weird, but it seems to be a known issue. That's the only problem I've ever had with Blazer Al. Wonder if other reported problems are tied to mag issues, as well.

Bare with me, this gets nerdy...

Aluminium has a higher dry contact static coefficient of friction against steel than brass against steel. It is very minor at .61 vs .50, but a documented increase. So it stands to reason that any aluminum rounds may stick a tiny bit more than brass in a steel lip mag. How much steel comes in contact with the round might also play a part, so maybe one of those mag designs puts more steel against the case.

For the most part, the difference is so low that it really shouldn't matter all that much, but with all other things being equal, it could play a part into cycling issues.

Aluminium has a higher dry contact static coefficient of friction against steel than brass against steel. It is very minor at .61 vs .50, but a documented increase. So it stands to reason that any aluminum rounds may stick a tiny bit more than brass in a steel lip mag. How much steel comes in contact with the round might also play a part, so maybe one of those mag designs puts more steel against the case.

For the most part, the difference is so low that it really shouldn't matter all that much, but with all other things being equal, it could play a part into cycling issues.
Speaking my language now

Yea this is just my experience with blazer. Im in the mindset though of if your gun eats it up shoot it no matter what brand. For me, I can get Federal, PPU, S&B, Magtech, etc for the same price or lower than Blazer so I will choose those every time over Blazer.

Its funny though Federal and Blazer are both owned by same parent company but never any issues with Federal. Im guessing they all have different production plants for Federal vs CCI?

Last edited:

P365 mags are under a lot of tension as well. The force applied by the round under said round and the increased friction coefficient is not to be disregarded. Now you have aluminum on aluminum and aluminum on steel with vary degrees of force being applied by the magazine spring. That last round can be tough to stuff in those 365 mags.
Still don’t know how they fit 10 in that gun.

I don't "love it", but I've never had a problem with any of it that I've purchased.
It works - if I could get my hands on other stuff at around the same price sure but being a new homeowner and on a budget I have to be conscious. This thread does not help my budget.

P365 mags are under a lot of tension as well. The force applied by the round under said round and the increased friction coefficient is not to be disregarded. Now you have aluminum on aluminum and aluminum on steel with vary degrees of force being applied by the magazine spring. That last round can be tough to stuff in those 365 mags.
Still don’t know how they fit 10 in that gun.

Not sure why, but my four P365 mags never felt as tight as other mags. Can hand load them with little issue. I have an ETS 10rd G19 mag though that I just can't get the 9th or 10th round in without a loader. Had it for a couple years too, so even broken-in it still is stiff as hell.

Not sure why, but my four P365 mags never felt as tight as other mags. Can hand load them with little issue. I have an ETS 10rd G19 mag though that I just can't get the 9th or 10th round in without a loader. Had it for a couple years too, so even broken-in it still is stiff as hell.

Thats what she said!!!!!!

Yea I have some magpul pmags though for my glock 19 and I can barely get 8 rounds in.

This must be like slot machines... I'm sitting here refreshing and I keep thinking the next time is going to be the one! My dog's giving me the stink eye to go out, but I know if I leave I'll miss something good dropping.

I may have an issue with a prematurely worn slide stop though. Tap a mag in and it sends the slide forward. Not the end of the world, but I'm probably less than 1500 rounds through it, so surprising.
Mine does this too, with probably about 500-1000 rds through it. It appears to be a known thing with P365s (mine is an xl). Some call it an issue, others a feature.

Back
Top Bottom