Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Right but its in line 4x normal pricing.

9MM I was getting as low as .10/round with rebates, now its .60/round. I would argue that its not a bad price at 4x.
As crazy as it sounds, .60/round isn't terrible right now when you see places like Cheaper and Gunbroker trying to push a buck/per for 9mm ball. But overall, that still makes me cringe knowing how good it was in 2019.

I got into shooting in 2017, so I never experienced a ammo shortage. This was a tough lesson. I knew enough to have gone into 2020 with 2k rounds on hand, but didn't know enough to stack em as high as I could afford back when ammo was nearly as cheap to buy than to reload. Looking back on things, I should have had like 10k on hand. Again, tough lesson. Never again.

Right but its in line 4x normal pricing.

9MM I was getting as low as .10/round with rebates, now its .60/round. I would argue that its not a bad price at 4x.
It was overpriced even then as I was getting higher quality Aguila for .04 cpr. But I agree with you concerning the multiples of caliber costs now.

As crazy as it sounds, .60/round isn't terrible right now when you see places like Cheaper and Gunbroker trying to push a buck/per for 9mm ball. But overall, that still makes me cringe knowing how good it was in 2019.

I got into shooting in 2017, so I never experienced a ammo shortage. This was a tough lesson. I knew enough to have gone into 2020 with 2k rounds on hand, but didn't know enough to stack em as high as I could afford back when ammo was nearly as cheap to buy than to reload. Looking back on things, I should have had like 10k on hand. Again, tough lesson. Never again.

Oh trust me ive seen it all!

Gunbroker is absurd. Cheaper than dirt is literally batsh*t crazy. Even Larry is getting up there.

Ive never seen an ammo shortage like this one. When Obama came into office there was a rush on guns and ammo but not like this one. It is what it is we all learn I just feel bad for new shooters that literally decided "hey wait, the government is letting people go crazy maybe i should finally get a gun!" and they see $1/round and have no idea that its way overpriced they just assume thats the going rate and pay. Having said that shame on you new shooters for waiting till anarchy to come!

Gunbroker is absurd. Cheaper than dirt is literally batsh*t crazy. Even Larry is getting up there.

Ive never seen an ammo shortage like this one. When Obama came into office there was a rush on guns and ammo but not like this one. It is what it is we all learn I just feel bad for new shooters that literally decided "hey wait, the government is letting people go crazy maybe i should finally get a gun!" and they see $1/round and have no idea that its way overpriced they just assume thats the going rate and pay. Having said that shame on you new shooters for waiting till anarchy to come!
Don't shame the newbies. We're going to need everyone we can to protect the 2A.

Don't shame the newbies. We're going to need everyone we can to protect the 2A.

Oh I agree 100%! Im glad people are finally realizing that you need to be able to defend yourself and your family. I just dont feel bad at the inflated prices they have to pay for waiting is all.

Oh I agree 100%! Im glad people are finally realizing that you need to be able to defend yourself and your family. I just dont feel bad at the inflated prices they have to pay for waiting is all.
Sometimes its not necessarily waiting either, its just unlucky timing. Better late than never

I think it may get a little worse, before it gets better...if that's even possible. With this administration saying that they're going to try and ban online ammo sales, I'm sure there are a lot more people trying to buy up as much as they can before (and if) this happens.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom