• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Noticing some delay between their notifications and when it shows up on the site. I’ve been fairly consistent just checking the site early morning finding a few boxes here and there vs waiting for the text

Noticing some delay between their notifications and when it shows up on the site. I’ve been fairly consistent just checking the site early morning finding a few boxes here and there vs waiting for the text
prime members are getting first shot at stuff I believe, and people are using scripts to scan the sight for in stock ammo and ordering the second it's posted, they beat the text alerts by a long shot.

Wondering how many new gun buyers bought .380s because that's all they could get their hands on and they were looking for carry guns. I have heard (anecdotally) of a few folks who bought their first guns and are now searching for .380 ammo.

prime members are getting first shot at stuff I believe, and people are using scripts to scan the sight for in stock ammo and ordering the second it's posted, they beat the text alerts by a long shot.
yeah they sent out an email we have a couple hrs to grab stuff but can't really beat anyone using their own scripts to notify when they are in stock

has anyone been able to compare tsusa prices to local shops? I stoppped by cape fun works beginning of September after a trip to the cape and their 9mm boxes were about 15 vs tsusa at the time 22 a box

has anyone been able to compare tsusa prices to local shops? I stoppped by cape fun works beginning of September after a trip to the cape and their 9mm boxes were about 15 vs tsusa at the time 22 a box
Many shops beat their pricing. The problem is they sell out same day they get the ammo.

Many shops beat their pricing. The problem is they sell out same day they get the ammo.
Think I’ll just need to go out early and make rounds to the local shops. I’ve only bought green tip and slugs from tsusa recently as those are the only things I could pay a bit more for.

The market has changed significantly since early September. That's not to say that the LGS may not have competitive pricing but I haven't seen them have the availability and many have quantity limits. BassPro will get an occasional shipment at quasi pre-Covid pricing but it's sold out in a matter of hours and no way to get notified unless you know someone who works there. Last time I heard of them having anything was well over a month ago (they had nothing but some bird loads when I was there last week, including not a single handgun for sale).

Two weeks ago I got a couple of cases of 9 from TSUSA for $0.45 per round, I haven't seen anything close to that pricing anywhere since.

Yep, and the lower priced ammo usually comes with quantity restrictions...

Hey, while I'm here, any thoughts on how the election is effecting demand? More? Less?

Last edited:
How has the supply of 45 been? I see they have nothing now but is it as bad as 9?

Availability worse, pricing similar.

Ugh. All I know is I’ve been hemorrhaging .45ACP the last several weeks and have had zero time to set up my press for it since I’ve been cranking out some 9MM.

I may end up posting a WTT for my 2K rounds of factory TSUSA/S&B 9MM if I can’t get to setting up the reloader in time for winter. Or I’ll keep shooting a shitload of 9MM...

Summer of 2022, I predict prices will be back down, it seems like, barring a huge increase in price of brass, that it takes about a year and a half for
the ammo production to ramp up supply, then it overshoots demand, and it gets back to reasonable. That's what happened in the hysteria after that
shooting in Newton.

Under "normal" conditions you would be right.

This is far from normal because it's just not "right wing gun nuts" buying ammo and guns.. It's EVERYBODY.

Combine that with the new POTUS and a possible Dem controlled senate, you haven't seen shit yet.. I don't see this ending anytime soon.

I hope I'm wrong because it's this type of hysteria that steered me away from guns(buying, shooting 1k a weekend) a long time ago. I think during a Deval Patrick panic, high prices and paranoia took the fun out of shooting for me. Now they are just tools for certain jobs lol

Last edited:
Under "normal" conditions you would be right.

This is far from normal because it's just not "right wing gun nuts" buying ammo and guns.. It's EVERYBODY.

Combine that with the new POTUS and a possible Dem controlled senate, you haven't seen shit yet.. I don't see this ending anytime soon.

I hope I'm wrong because it's this type of hysteria that steered me away from guns(buying, shooting 1k a weekend) a long time ago. I think during a Deval Patrick panic, high prices and paranoia took the fun out of shooting for me. Now they are just tools for certain jobs lol

I still think (blind hope?) that in the next 6 months we’ll see demand begin to level off and or decline. It’ll still take another 12-18 months for supply to catch up though, so yeah, not a short-term problem.

Tools for certain jobs, yes, but I still want to remain somewhat proficient. I’ve been priced out of the market for months at this point so range trips are mainly .22, and 50 rounds of 9 or .223 to train with. Less than 50 for shottie day. I figure with my relatively small stash that I can limp along for a year or so. Hopefully I’ll have some scratch saved by then or ammo prices/supply won’t be as ridiculous. Until then, fun range trips are reserved for birthdays. Womp womp.

I still think (blind hope?) that in the next 6 months we’ll see demand begin to level off and or decline. It’ll still take another 12-18 months for supply to catch up though, so yeah, not a short-term problem.
I hope you're right, but I'm certainly not sanguine about our ability to buy ammo online in the future. One of Sleepy Joe's main gun control points is the elimination of online ammo sales.

From another post:
Q2, 2021 earnings report for Vista Outdoor.
CEO, Chris Metz:
Number four, we've cleaned inventory in all retail and wholesale locations, despite us producing flat out for six months. There's no buildup of inventory at any of our customers. In fact, every one of them would like significantly more simply because consumer demand continues to outpace our ability to supply. The number five backlog. We currently have over a year's worth of orders for ammunition in excess of a billion dollars. This is unprecedented for our company. With demand far outstripping supply and inventory levels in the channel at all time lows, we see strong demand continuing.

on the plus side, I got my prime member appreciation gift again today. This time, it was a 30cal ammo can, two bumper stickers, key chain, some TSUSA branded radians eyepro, and 5 rounds of 3.5" 12ga 1 3/8 oz 2 shot, sealed in a foodsaver bag...

Back
Top Bottom