Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Just found out the case of .45 Blazer Brass I ordered from CMP on Oct 12 just shipped. Was $393 for the case. Thought I'd order another case but it looks like they're not carrying it anymore. As of a last week it was available at that price; I was waiting to see if my October order actually got fulfilled before ordering more. Oh well...

Just found out the case of .45 Blazer Brass I ordered from CMP on Oct 12 just shipped. Was $393 for the case. Thought I'd order another case but it looks like they're not carrying it anymore. As of a last week it was available at that price; I was waiting to see if my October order actually got fulfilled before ordering more. Oh well...

now it's decision time, Buck. Do you shoot it or turn it????

now it's decision time, Buck. Do you shoot it or turn it????

I rarely shoot .45 anyway so I'll hold on to it, I may trade some of it. I had enough to meet my limited shooting needs already but thought at that price I'd get another case; wasn't even sure if the order would get fulfilled. I don't turn ammo for a profit, will sometimes turn it to friends for what I got it for but right now I'm in hold mode given where things have gone politically.

From another post:
Q2, 2021 earnings report for Vista Outdoor.
CEO, Chris Metz:
Number four, we've cleaned inventory in all retail and wholesale locations, despite us producing flat out for six months. There's no buildup of inventory at any of our customers. In fact, every one of them would like significantly more simply because consumer demand continues to outpace our ability to supply. The number five backlog. We currently have over a year's worth of orders for ammunition in excess of a billion dollars. This is unprecedented for our company. With demand far outstripping supply and inventory levels in the channel at all time lows, we see strong demand continuing.

I looked at the 10Q for the quarter ending Sept 27, 2020, which is their Q2 and didn't see this statement. I will admit to skimming it twice, so could have missed it but there are only so many places in the filing you would stick this.

I looked at the 10Q for the quarter ending Sept 27, 2020, which is their Q2 and didn't see this statement. I will admit to skimming it twice, so could have missed it but there are only so many places in the filing you would stick this.

This is from the 11/5 earnings call transcipt.
I'm really surprised there wasn't additional lift from this ER. That in conjunction with some good vaccine candidates has me taking some off the table.

Last edited:
It would appear that CMP has .45 Blazer Brass 230 gr for $393/case again. Was just able to place an order, which I assume will take a month or so to fulfill.

The TS order I placed this morning for XM193 is showing up tomorrow according to the shipping notice I received a few hours ago. [smile]

At those prices I hope they’re throwing in a lap dance too. But good for you, you do what you have to do if you’re new to the game.

At those prices I hope they’re throwing in a lap dance too. But good for you, you do what you have to do if you’re new to the game.

On the contrary, I'm not sure I have anywhere to store it but figured I'd grab it anyway. $0.64/round sucks but whatever. A year from now that might look like a bargain. In fact, I'm setting a calendar reminder for myself right now with a link to this post so I can check back on 11/11/21 to see how well this post has aged.

New member mostly out of gratitude for NES sharing the info about TSUSA -- some quick positive feedback about them

I've placed a number of orders for 9mm and 22lr with them over the past 9 months and have always been pleased with quick shipping, ease of order, and the fact that they had something available periodically -- last order I was shorted a 500 count box of 22lr mini-mags -- sent an email to customer service figuring this would turn into a hopeless exchange ("yeah sure we missed that in the order...") that after days of arguing would go nowhere

Got an email from Keya back within 1 hr the next working day -- she asked for a few things (order #, pics of shipping pkg and ammo boxes received, pic of packing slip) and said she would then kick it upstairs -- I sent the requested info and had a full refund within 50 minutes along with an apology that they weren't able to ship the missing ammo because they didn't have it in stock

So passing it on -- we may not like the price per round these days, but service from TSUSA has been terrific on all levels

I rarely shoot .45 anyway so I'll hold on to it, I may trade some of it. I had enough to meet my limited shooting needs already but thought at that price I'd get another case; wasn't even sure if the order would get fulfilled. I don't turn ammo for a profit, will sometimes turn it to friends for what I got it for but right now I'm in hold mode given where things have gone politically.

you could list it on gunbroker or something and hose down someone from a blue state[banana]

I read this earlier as well. My question is, with over a billion in sales and a years worth of backlog, at what point do they invest in greater manufacturing capabilities, assuming they even can? (raw materials and input shortages?)
Or, do they just let the demand surplus remain, and not risk having an eventual supply surplus much like the one that led to the most recent low prices and availability. Deadweight loss and whatnot.

I read this earlier as well. My question is, with over a billion in sales and a years worth of backlog, at what point do they invest in greater manufacturing capabilities, assuming they even can? (raw materials and input shortages?)
Or, do they just let the demand surplus remain, and not risk having an eventual supply surplus much like the one that led to the most recent low prices and availability. Deadweight loss and whatnot.

Perhaps after they know 100% for sure who’s going to be President.

Work on process efficiencies, either from current Vista Ops or from the Remington Ops they just purchased ($80 million?). Integrate, expand upon their economy of scale is likely their short term. The fact that Vista can sell Federal/Blazer 9mm direct from the Federal/Blazer website at $22+ship (cutting out the distributors, and B&M) and also SELL OUT means they have a captive and willing customer base. They spent some time on the recent ER discussing their e-commerce traffic. Maybe they'll slow down shipments to distributors in order to handle the more profitable direct sales...
There are no raw materials problems. Distribution, shipping, yes.
As winter comes on we should see less burn, loot, murder. Which should slow down ammo demand.

Back
Top Bottom