Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I might have 1-2 boxes of Aguila left that I got from Northeast Arms back in the day. I won't be sad to see it gone, but I'd buy it in a pinch. I'd rather stick with CCI and Winchester. At least with the Armscor it was a 22 and not centerfire, and I got the replacement parts for free from the pistol manufacturer.
They seem just as accurate as mini mags in my TX22 but the fouling is harder to clean.

I don't know what aguila uses for powder but it's noticeably dirtier and harder to clean the powder residue on my Taurus TX22 compared to any other 22 ammo I've shot. Not a big deal but something I noticed.
I also noticed that Aguila Super Extra ran a bit dirty for me. Lots of black grit on the action but they did all go bang, so that's a good thing when dealing with .22
I recently got into a big box of Federal Black Pack .22 and it's been great. Copper plated HP. No surprises. Runs pretty well in everything I've put it through.

I also noticed that Aguila Super Extra ran a bit dirty for me. Lots of black grit on the action but they did all go bang, so that's a good thing when dealing with .22
I recently got into a big box of Federal Black Pack .22 and it's been great. Copper plated HP. No surprises. Runs pretty well in everything I've put it through.
I bought a 1600 round case of it and liked it too. Haven't seen any since...

where can you find ammo for $0.20/round? 'cause that's the current cost of reloading 9mm ammo when using these overpriced TS primers.
Unless he's referring to buying 22lr ammo (or whatever ammo is cheaper than $120-$130 per 1k) which would be cheaper than the primers? Or maybe he means he won't spend that kind of absurd money on primers and will wait until finished ammo is close to the inflated primer prices?? The latter will never happen though if we're talking about centerfire cartridges lol.
Just spitballing[laugh]

Don't forget ARP = at rape prices
Especially from TSUSA. I just paid $76 per 1k shipped for 5k SPP yesterday from another online vendor. After hazmat/taxes etc from TSUSA they were basically $130 per 1k....Someone is definitely raping. TSUSA probably paid $50-$60 per 1k wholesale. That's a good profit. Hats off to the other vendor who didn't bend over their customers.

Especially from TSUSA. I just paid $76 per 1k shipped for 5k SPP yesterday from another online vendor. After hazmat/taxes etc from TSUSA they were basically $130 per 1k....Someone is definitely raping. TSUSA probably paid $50-$60 per 1k wholesale. That's a good profit. Hats off to the other vendor who didn't bend over their customers.
Couldn't you argue that they state free shipping and the hazmat is part of the shipping? Then it would at least be like getting a little lube on it before they stick it to you.

The hazmat and shipping was included with the TSUSA prices though. At least that’s what it looked like when I put them in my cart and started to checkout. No, I didn’t but any, (still too rich for my blood) just curious what the actual difference was between them and Larry. Pre tax, it was a $14 difference per K, $106 vs. $120. They both collect MA tax, so it’s moot. Not great, but not as rapey as many seem to think, especially if you need ‘em and can’t win the in-stock lottery elsewhere.

The hazmat and shipping was included with the TSUSA prices though. At least that’s what it looked like when I put them in my cart and started to checkout. No, I didn’t but any, (still too rich for my blood) just curious what the actual difference was between them and Larry. Pre tax, it was a $14 difference per K, $106 vs. $120. They both collect MA tax, so it’s moot. Not great, but not as rapey as many seem to think, especially if you need ‘em and can’t win the in-stock lottery elsewhere.
Yes the hazmat and shipping was "included" because the price was so high[laugh]
But yeah compared to Larry they're about $20ish more per 1k (I'm going by a non-Prime TSUSA price). So not HUGE but still more.
Compared to the Ram, they're about $40 more per 1k. The Ram drops primers more often than TSUSA.
But compared to this other vendor yesterday they were $51 more per 1k. That is significant. But they haven't dropped primers in a year.

If people get on discord, it will make getting primers that much easier lol. You don't stand a chance without it. Unless you sit in front of a computer with all vendor websites open and clicking refresh every couple minutes🤪
I was driving home from work yesterday when I got the alert for the SPP. I got my order in while driving 75 mph down 128...😬😬. Hate to admit that[laugh]

If people get on discord, it will make getting primers that much easier lol. You don't stand a chance without it. Unless you sit in front of a computer with all vendor websites open and clicking refresh every couple minutes🤪
I was driving home from work yesterday when I got the alert for the SPP. I got my order in while driving 75 mph down 128...😬😬. Hate to admit that[laugh]
I downloaded the discord app, but now what? Would you be able to help me find the primer or other relevant space on there?

Yes the hazmat and shipping was "included" because the price was so high[laugh]
But yeah compared to Larry they're about $20ish more per 1k (I'm going by a non-Prime TSUSA price). So not HUGE but still more.
Compared to the Ram, they're about $40 more per 1k. The Ram drops primers more often than TSUSA.
But compared to this other vendor yesterday they were $51 more per 1k. That is significant. But they haven't dropped primers in a year.
$51 per K less is pretty good. Shit it wasn't that long ago you could get 2K worth of SPP for $51. Did they limit you to how many you could buy? Most places I check throughout the day never have them in stock. I have subscribed but never get a notice that they are in. Not that I'm out at this point, probably have around 10K left between SPP, SRP and LPP.

$51 per K less is pretty good. Shit it wasn't that long ago you could get 2K worth of SPP for $51. Did they limit you to how many you could buy? Most places I check throughout the day never have them in stock. I have subscribed but never get a notice that they are in. Not that I'm out at this point, probably have around 10K left between SPP, SRP and LPP.
It's real good by todays standards but horrible compared to pre-rona etc. Not long ago at all. In December 2018 I got 20k Win SPP for $25 per 1k delivered - split with a couple friends. THEN winchester had rebates on primers so I got more money taken off which brought the primers down to $22 per 1k. Just silly. Not even 4 years ago....

You'll never score by just randomly checking websites or relying on back in stock emails from vendors.

This is an invite to the reloading server on discord

go to the sidebar where it says "notification-selection" and choose which alerts you want. Also make sure to select a state and channel as the moderators will delete members who don't have a "role"....

Back
Top Bottom